April 23rd, 2008

Obama camp announces another superdelegate

Audra Ostergard, Associate Chair of the Nebraska Democratic Party and member of the Democratic National Committee, announced Tuesday she is backing Barack Obama.

Ostergard is a Democratic superdelegate - one of the more than 700 party officials who will determine the Democratic nominee.

Earlier: Oklahoma governor backs Obama

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. JM

Obama will lose against the republicans.....most of the country is not ready for an african american....when Obama loses against McCain, you cannot bring Hillary back.....

April 23, 2008 07:20 pm at 7:20 pm |
  2. Tejano

I am one of those old former Democrats that Obama can't reach. Soy Hispano y detesto el Socialismo que Obama nos quire traer.

Hispanos tengan mucho cuidado con este charlatan.

Hispanics be careful with this Charlatan. He does not bode well for the Hispanic community.

April 23, 2008 07:20 pm at 7:20 pm |
  3. Tanis

Hillary got one too–CNN–forgot to tell the voters about that??

April 23, 2008 07:21 pm at 7:21 pm |
  4. Mar

Audra who??? Big deal.

April 23, 2008 07:21 pm at 7:21 pm |
  5. Sharon Minnesota

The Obama complaint formula:

If she says it, she's picking on me.
    If she says it, she's complaining about me.
    If she says it, she's whining
    If she says it, I'm whining.

If I say it, she's picking on me.
    If I say it, she's complaining about me.
    If I say it, she's whining.
    If I say it, I'm whining 000pppps, OOPPs I mean she's whining.

Mr. Obama needs to read some of these CNN blogs. He will then find out who's complaining and who's abusive. That would be him and his crazy supporters.

April 23, 2008 07:22 pm at 7:22 pm |
  6. Dennis in Orlando, FL

Another intelligent superdelegate.

April 23, 2008 07:22 pm at 7:22 pm |
  7. Maxine

I donated to Obama too for the first time today. Why, I wanted to see how the Clintons would spin the win and what trash they would throw out. They didn't disappoint me, Clinton was suppose to win Penn, I don't know what the surprise is all about, what she didn't do is win by double digets as some are saying, go to Penn State website. I have never been more disappointed with a campaign as this.

April 23, 2008 07:22 pm at 7:22 pm |
  8. Joseph Adewole

B.O, you will soon be there, don't worry....because "HE who begins a new thing in you, is able to complete it".

April 23, 2008 07:23 pm at 7:23 pm |
  9. Noah

Obama's on a path to destroy the democratic party...By refusing to own up to his connections and allow voters to vet him, he may win the nomination, but he will cost us the White House.. Obama's questionable ties to Rev.Wright are already being used by the republicans..Obama should step down if he can not honestly explain this, Ayers and several other stories that are about to break.

April 23, 2008 07:23 pm at 7:23 pm |
  10. Ronnie Wade

Maybe you could get to Sentor Obama and please ask him he has not jumped on Clinton about the bold face lies she told in regards to her going to Bosnia and getting off the plane under fire. Reember this, she said "I remember...." Please go after Clinton on this point and show that she is a liar and should not be trusted and will say anything to get elected. PLEASE PLEASE.

April 23, 2008 07:23 pm at 7:23 pm |
  11. Cherokee

Bark & Michael, both suffer from hoof & mouth disease!! Any super-delegate who votes for Obama is voting for a change in the wrong direction. I don't care who gets elected this November but they better be prepared for wearing a servants uniform with plenty of mouthwash and wipett's available. Bark can walk down the middle of the road since he's the only one that can see both sides. Enough with the whining already!! We like women in pants who know the pain of child birth!! This is a Woman's World and we need to stop catering to these mamsy pansy men who can't think outside the box!!

April 23, 2008 07:23 pm at 7:23 pm |
  12. No Hillary

Audra, thanks for your service to our nation.

April 23, 2008 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  13. Rich

Clinton' s last hope is to get super-delegates at a greater rate than Obama but it's going quite the opposite. I think as time goes on the super-delegates are becoming emboldened to go against the Clinton machine. The Clintons' vindictiveness towards disloyal subjects, should they somehow win, has surely been in many delegates' minds. With a victory looking less and less likely and Clinton becoming more and more negative and divisive, hopefully more super delegates will now align themselves with Obama.

April 23, 2008 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  14. B.NYC

I honestly can not wait to NEVER vote for this guy!
    No experience = BIG TROUBLE...

April 23, 2008 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  15. YWC

PLEASE SUPERDELGATES DONT LET HILLARY DESTROY US, STOP HER AND VOTE FOR OBAMA. HILLARY IS A DEMON.

April 23, 2008 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  16. Linda

Thank you Audra Ostergard. I hope you can influence other Superdelegates to do the same.
    Linda

April 23, 2008 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  17. Roni/NC

We can vote early here and my son, in his first election, and I both voted Obama, by the way I use to be a Regan republican, my first election. Obama swayed me over but I refuse to ever vote for Hillary, if she is nominated I will have to hold my nose on election day to vote for the other guy. Anyone who wants real change in this country should and would vote for Obama.

April 23, 2008 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  18. Debbie

I just wish WOMEN would come to their senses – just voting for Clintoi because she's a women is just totally non-sense.
    I would love to vote for a female – but one with morals and dignity and honesty – NONE of which Hillary has!
    How Hillary is held in such high esteem is beyond me – she should have left Bill years ago...but we know why she stayed!
    OBAMA – stay on the high moral ground, don't get sucked into playing 'dirty" tactics by the Clinton campaign, keep away for FIXED DEBATES like last weeks shambles on ABC – it was embarrasing to watch, Hillary obviously knew what was coming, and was prepared for her "questions" and Obama's too!!!
    OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT 2008!!!

April 23, 2008 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  19. lucyna, Seattle

I suggest that we all take Clinton's gang and send them to the moon with no way to return... EVER!!!!!....... just one way ticket for free!!!!!!!!!

April 23, 2008 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  20. Sheryl

I smell what Senator Obama is cooking- the Democratic nomination!!!

Born in PA

April 23, 2008 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  21. CB

WELCOME TO THE OBAMA FAMILY!

April 23, 2008 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  22. Jim T

the obama train aint full yet, keep em coming

April 23, 2008 07:27 pm at 7:27 pm |
  23. middle of Oklahoma

Our governor is the super delegate, and he's from the town I live in. Doesn't impress me.

April 23, 2008 07:27 pm at 7:27 pm |
  24. Oleg, CA

Obama is the only candidate not guilty in Iraq war. In my view, he is the only one of the three able to legitimately participate in this race. Now, where is our Barbara Boxer? Why has not she endorsed Obama yet?

April 23, 2008 07:27 pm at 7:27 pm |
  25. Mike

Welcome to the "Twilight Zone" Audra.

Now you are officially in "The Outer Limits."

Go Hillary!!!!!!!!!