April 23rd, 2008

Obama camp announces another superdelegate

Audra Ostergard, Associate Chair of the Nebraska Democratic Party and member of the Democratic National Committee, announced Tuesday she is backing Barack Obama.

Ostergard is a Democratic superdelegate - one of the more than 700 party officials who will determine the Democratic nominee.

Earlier: Oklahoma governor backs Obama

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Juan

Go Obama
    The more superdelegates we get, the less chance Hillary has. It is inevitable that you will be the nominee. She would have to win the rest 80% of the rest of the superdelegates to win – that is not happening.

April 23, 2008 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  2. Timothy Mullen

Thank you Ms Ostergard – I make that a clean sweep of Nebraska superdelegates for Obama!

April 23, 2008 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  3. Mandy, California

Welcome!

April 23, 2008 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  4. Drew

Atta girl Audra. Way to make the cornhuskers proud and reflect the popular vote and teh vote of your state's democrats.

April 23, 2008 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  5. Tracy

This is getting very ugly. I have never seen anybody want something so bad as Hillary. I can't stand the sight of this woman. My atty is a republican and he say they are waiting to unleash the beast on Hillary all the way back to her Goldwater days. He showed me stuff and told me stuff that makes my skin crawl. The Clintons are low down, dirty people who cover up so well. They have so many connections that this election just may be stolen away from Senator Obama, and if I must add, Wolfe Blitzer will be apart of it. It's more than obvious that CNN is trying to get them in. That's where the special interest comes in at. She is going to owe so many friggin favors. But you know what, the superdelegates are not stupid. The Clintons can fool some people, but most of us are finally hip to them.

April 23, 2008 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  6. kathleen retired Professional w/woman for obama

Come on Superdelegates. You have to know Hillary and Bill better than most people. You owe Americans the truth with your vote. The worst thing that can happen to America, is a Clinton Presidency.
    We have literally been tested by the biggest '"oportunist, elitie, liar
    in History. Worse liar than Bush. Really, that is bad. She can't be
    our President. Bill Clinton was paid 5 million Dollars by Dubai.
    $800,000 from Columbia. That is probably just the beginning.
    The Clintons are selling America down the river. to port Dubai
    and Port China. Pretty soon it will be Port Mexico carrying the
    Mexicans in and they won't have to deal with fences and Border
    Patrols. I have Good Insurance and If I have a serious illness
    they can take my house? And the Mexicans get free health care.
    I want new. I want Obama from Day 1. Hillary CANNOT BE PRESIDENT OF THE US. She will be the real ruin of our Country.

April 23, 2008 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  7. Claudia

I guess I would really like to know why the lawsuit Paul vs Clinton has never been talked about or shown on the News, while they are beating Obama up time and time again. Why not this and where can I go to get the answer to this.

Claudia, Spring Creek

April 23, 2008 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  8. AKRON, OHIO OBOMA SUPPORTER

THANKS FOR JOINING THE WINNING TEAM

OBOMA 08

NO MATTER HOW THEY TRY TO KEEP OBOMA OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE IT WILL NOT WORK. ITS A SHAME THIS IS 2008 AND THE UNITED STATES ARE STILL RACIST. BLACK PEOPLE HAVE BEEN UNDER WHITES EVERY SINCE THERES BEEN A WHITE HOUSE.
    THE WHITE HOUSE IS NOT JUST MEANT FOR WHITE PEOPLE TO BE ELECTED IN BUT ALSO BLACKS. USA STOP THE RACISM

April 23, 2008 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  9. Jason, San Diego

Come on, Hillary. You wan to know why Obama can't seal the deal? Why can't you? The nomination was yours to lose, and guess what: you're losing. It seems that a new superdelegate goes to my man Obama daily, and you get excited when you get one new superdelegate in a month.

Obama has proven that he should be the party's nominee. Typically, when Obama wins a state (which is more often than Clinton), he wins very big. When Clinton wins a state, she rarely gets better than 9pt victories. Her scummy politicking in PA only got her a 10pt win.

Obama '08!!

April 23, 2008 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  10. Scott C

Clinton wins, and Obama gains two Superdelegates.

Obama has won more of the popular vote, that means MORE PEOPLE want him to be the nominee than want Clinton... That is a FACT. NO SPIN can change that he had more people cast their vote for HIM... NOT Clinton.

Her base are:

Old whites: Traditionally racist.
    Latinos: Don't like blacks
    Rural white: Don't like blacks.

Go figure.

Either way, HE has won 15 of the last 18 contests... She has won THREE... What does that say about her?

It says more people want Obama.

Don't SPIN it, More popular vote = more people want him

More Delegates = More people want him

He is the FAR and AWAY winner here.

April 23, 2008 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |
  11. J Thompson

OBAMA...... OBAMA....... OBAMA.......
    (Enough said !!!!!!)

To put it simply, Obama did exactly what he was supposed to do in PA and that was to cut her large lead by more than half to limit the delegates she expected to pick up.

This race will be over come May 6th.

Let's go Barack!

April 23, 2008 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |
  12. marie

Glad to see uncommitted superdelegates standing up for Obama. It would be akin to throwing your vote away to vote for Hillary, knowing the math will not work out for her. I'm sure that there are many already committed superdelegates to Clinton that do wish to change their vote. I don't see all of her #'s set in stone.

April 23, 2008 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  13. Sean

So that's two superdelegates today. Good for Obama.

And I just donated to his campaign today for the fourth time, too.

April 23, 2008 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  14. Jack in ND

I gave to Obama for the fifth time. He earned it after doing surprisingly well yesterday...as good in PA's closed primary as on OH's open primary.

April 23, 2008 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  15. Newman

Keep 'em coming! Yeah, Obama! Super Ds falling like rain!

April 23, 2008 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  16. Venus

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Bring it on Hillary!

I knew it – your little 9.4.% win in Penn-State was great for Obama!

You had a 33% lead a month ago – he spent 6-weeks and 12-million dollars to cut your lead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That means he can carry the state!

For Hillary's supporters – don't be fooled by Hillary and the media – Hillary can't win no matter how they try and spin!

The money we spent in Penn- means less money in Nov!

Go Mr. President Obama ------- 2009

April 23, 2008 06:15 pm at 6:15 pm |
  17. Marvin, NJ

I think the superdelegates are going to lose this race for the Democrats. Their cowardice in not choosing either candidate speaks volumes about their lack of character.

I don't know them but I'm sure their reasons are self-centered. They are not suppressing their endorsements for the good of the Democratic Party, but for their inability to take responsibility for their choice. Let's face it either way, they are going to offend somebody. Just make a choice.

What a shame that a campaign that started off so promising, has fizzled out because of the superdelegates inability to do the right thing.

April 23, 2008 06:15 pm at 6:15 pm |
  18. MW Los Angeles

YES WE CAN HOPE FOR CHANGE
    OBAMA 08

April 23, 2008 06:15 pm at 6:15 pm |
  19. The Truth

Keep it moving people, keep it moving!

April 23, 2008 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  20. Lisa in Cincy

A smart woman.

April 23, 2008 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  21. James

Another saved disciple..... we shall prevail in the end...
    Go OBAMA.....

April 23, 2008 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  22. Anthony 02

Obama and Clinton...... there is no difference! Just that one is male and the other is female. They dont care about this country only themselves and there buddies! They will be rich and we will foot the bill as always!! vote independent. Thats real change!!!!!

April 23, 2008 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  23. San Jose

Thanks very much. Hillary will lose silently and will be a shock. Let Get reall and accept what is on the ground.....Obama is leading and will beat her in the end

Sam

April 23, 2008 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  24. DaveB

The use of 'then" instead of "than" in the second paragraph is indicative of poor grammar and poor editing.

I would have expected more from CNN.

April 23, 2008 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  25. Lawrence

Welcome aboard. I guess the primary result in PA hasn't scared anyone. Anyone who can do math knows that Hillary cannot overtake Obama at all. It is a known mathematical fact.

The only way she wins is if the Superdelegates vote to overturn the popular vote. I do not see that happening.

April 23, 2008 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |