April 23rd, 2008

Obama: Nobody's complained more than the Clintons

Obama held a press conference with reporters Wednesday.
Obama held a press conference with reporters Wednesday.

NEW ALBANY, Indiana (CNN) – Facing reporters for the first time since his loss in the Pennsylvania primary, Democrat Barack Obama said he "doesn't really understand" Hillary Clinton's attack line that he "can't stand the heat."

"This is sort of the kitchen sink strategy, and the argument about not being able to stand the heat - that I don't really understand," Obama said, responding to a question on recent attacks aimed at him.

He went on to turn the argument on them.

"Nobody has complained more about the press, about questions at debates, about being mistreated than Sen. Clinton has, or President Clinton," he said.

"We have been pretty tame in terms of taking our shots and just rolling with them."

1. Snapper, Seattle

Obama: You should take the advice of an old baseball guru who said "nice guys always finish last." I'd stop trying to understand why the Clintons do what they do and start fighting back. The press prints just as many untruths as the Clintons spew out, knowing full well that if you smear someone they have to defend themselves, whether its true or not (and from the Clintons, it's usually not true). The press will make or break anybody because most people can't separate truth from fact out of a newspaper anymore, nor from TV newscasts. The Clintons know that. That's why they fight dirty...to WIN!

April 23, 2008 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  2. Charlotte

This is true and everyone knows it. Clinton supportors and Obama supporters. Why can't you people understand "you are fighting amongst one another in the same family". What ever happened to "John McCain"?

This is how "people were divided in slavery". So, good job republicans for engineering such a process.

April 23, 2008 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  3. Ryan, New York, NY

This attack coming from someone who complained during a debate about being picked on by the media. Seriously, come back to reality, Hillary.

You know, that nice place where you've mathematically lost the nomination and you're just a junior senator who's not representing my interests in NY very well.

April 23, 2008 06:42 pm at 6:42 pm |
  4. Jim Nammack; Kentucky

That has been my obvservation all along about Barack Obama, that he tends to choke under pressure. The person who is going to be the president of this country definitely should not choke under pressure. That is one of the reasons why I am rooting for Hillary Clinton. I used to be an Obama supporter, but I gradually found myself moving over to the Clinton camp. Hillary is not without fault, but she inspires my confidence more than Obama does.

April 23, 2008 06:42 pm at 6:42 pm |
  5. Sam

Hillary Clinton keep on marching. The pundits are usually wrong. They called themselves experts so CNN will pay them to talk. They don't care what the majority Americans think or needs. Barack Obama only consistently carry the Black votes. But, outside of that, he does little. Is this what he can do to win the general election? If I'm a super delegate, I will be nervous that the Democrat will not win with him on top of the ticket. The only answer is "Hillary Clinton".

April 23, 2008 06:43 pm at 6:43 pm |
  6. TN

TRUE, TRUE, SENATOR OBAMA!!!!

HILLARY WILL SAY ANYTHING AND THE MEDIA TAKES HOLD AS FACTS AND REPEAT A MILLION IN ONE DAY!!!!

HILLARY JUST LEAVE!!!!

OBAMA 08!!!!

April 23, 2008 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  7. K

Obama is a big whiner. Then he turns around and whines that he doesn't whine, it's the Clintons. What a hypocrite. I bet if Hillary gets out of the race in June, Obama will still be blaming her for his missteps and screw ups in the fall. Nothing but a whining hypocrite full of hot air and speeches. I'm going to laugh at you Obama cult freaks when he loses to McCain. Cannot wait. I bet you will blame Hillary then too.

April 23, 2008 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  8. Quit Whining Barack!

Quit Whining Obama!

It is not becoming. Winners do not whine. Winners are strong and resilient. That is why you cannot knock Clinton from the race.

April 23, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |