April 23rd, 2008

Obama: Nobody's complained more than the Clintons

Obama held a press conference with reporters Wednesday.
Obama held a press conference with reporters Wednesday.

NEW ALBANY, Indiana (CNN) – Facing reporters for the first time since his loss in the Pennsylvania primary, Democrat Barack Obama said he "doesn't really understand" Hillary Clinton's attack line that he "can't stand the heat."

"This is sort of the kitchen sink strategy, and the argument about not being able to stand the heat - that I don't really understand," Obama said, responding to a question on recent attacks aimed at him.

He went on to turn the argument on them.

"Nobody has complained more about the press, about questions at debates, about being mistreated than Sen. Clinton has, or President Clinton," he said.

"We have been pretty tame in terms of taking our shots and just rolling with them."

1. Erick Ntang

If the nomination process has come down to who can win the big states,why did the party from the beginning not set out the rules that who ever wins the big states wins the nomination rather set a magic number based on pledge delegates and popular votes. did they not know also from the beginning that those big states were necessary to beat a Republican candidate?

April 23, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  2. Connie Segura

Hillary 2008

April 23, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  3. AppleinAZ

Obama is so full of himself. He complains all the time. He piggybacks off of Hillary's answers at debates and then trys to slam her the next day for her answers. I think Obama is a sniveling little weasel. He doesn't have a clue about anything. He doesn't even really know what his religion is. He can't take the heat, that's why he is whining...again.

April 23, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  4. P Graber

Just shut up and continue eating your waffle.

April 23, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  5. tad

I agree that Hillary is negative all the time, but if you throw it back on her she plays the gender card. Its not because your a woman. Its because some people don't trust you or like you and you look really funny in photographs.

April 23, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  6. Paulinus

Cry Lady Clinton. Hillary claimed that it was a personal victory for her in Pennsylvania. All those negative ads just show how she would do anything for her personal gains, not that of that Democratic party.

April 23, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  7. SGR

Hillary goes between being a victim, (woe is me, the press is so hard on me because I'm a woman, why do I get the first question blah blah blah) to I am fighter , I am like Rocky (especially when my husbabnd makes racially charged remarks or I go negative in campaign ads because we all know I'm pristine). The are both whiners when things don't go their way and it is NEVER their faults. The healthcare debacle, Don't Ask Don't Tell ( how convenienty the Gay community has forgotten about that), Monica Lewinsky, Genifer Flowers and all their many other scandas are always the Republicans or someone ele's fault. What a fantasyland they live in!

And for a while I was guilty of buying in to it, but no longer! I see them for exactly what they are- self-absorbed egomaniacs who will do whatever they feel they need to in order to get what they want.

April 23, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  8. b

Geez, ya think? I am tired of it also... Gender this and race that. It's all been her. I would not vote for this woman under any circumstance. And, by the way I am a white female in the age group Hillary likes. good luck is all I can say

April 23, 2008 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  9. Oregon has Hope and wants change

The Clinton's all of them have done nothing but spit their venom at Obama at every turn.

This is a good man who speaks of Hope and change for our country and I belive could really change the politics of yesterday and give us a fantastic and prosper future.

I had been a non party voter for 22 years, but when I saw and heard Obama
    I went and changed my registration to Democrat so I could vote for this man here in Oregon on May 20th

I am so against Hillary Huckabee Clinton I will never in a million years vote for her

I want hope and change
    not venom and spite.

Thanks for a place to express my opinion

Obama 08

April 23, 2008 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  10. California Girl

Stop the whinning!

April 23, 2008 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  11. Paulinus

Cry Lady Clinton. Hillary claimed that it was a personal victory for her in Pennsylvania. All those negative ads just show how she would do anything for her personal gains, not that of the Democratic party.

April 23, 2008 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  12. Go Obama!

Exactly, Sen. Obama!

The Clintons have been constantly complaining about their coverage and media bias. Not that they're entirely wrong, but they just don't get how hypocritical they look and how much they turn off their fellow Democrats when they attack people for the same thing they're doing themselves – there is enough of that kind of garbage coming from Republicans, we don't need it from our side too.

Clintons, get the beam out of your own eye before you attack other people's motes. At least pretend to some decency and humility – you ought to considering it's almost impossible for you to win at this point.

April 23, 2008 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  13. Farrell, Houston, Tx

Wait until Hillary voters find out they have voted for everything they are against and I am afraid they may find out too late. If you like doing favors for special interest groups, vote Hillary. If you like turning favors back to lobbyist, vote Hillary. Hillary is a Washington insider and knows they only way she can get funds and the support she needs is to continue to do politics as usual and that usual is not going to improve our quality of life. Hillary will have "pay time" to those special political interest and again, average "Joe" will be left again without.

April 23, 2008 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  14. Corey, Chicago

We could right a book about all the complaints from both Hilary and Bill. Please, please stick to the issue

April 23, 2008 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  15. BabyObama

But he is a loser.

April 23, 2008 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  16. Cheryl Anekwe

I feel that Hillary Clinton is killing the democratic party, and if she plan on fighting this all the way to the convention then the democrats might as well buy a silver platter and hand the Presidency to Senator McCain on the silver platter. Mid-August to the 2nd Tuesday is not enough time for the democratic party to damage control. Senator Clinton has taken on the persona that if she is not the nominee then she will make sure that a democrat does not go into the white house in January. She throws out sutile enuendos to make her supporter think about not voting democrat and then with the other side of the fork tongue of hers she pretends like she is a team player. If she was a team player she would have backed out and let the democrats start preparing for the General Elections like the Repulicans are doing. I feel that she has destroyed the party.

April 23, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  17. Sonia CA

NO DOUUUUGH Obama, the press has been treating you with white, silk gloves, they are so unfair with you, it's absolutely pathetic! America knows that! I'm so surprised you did not get it!!!! The media has been on the Clinton's back since the very beggining, that is very unfair because no other candidate EVER has been treated like Sen. Clinton. She is a very intelligent woman, hard working woman, full of experience, well known all over the World, and she will be our first American Woman President !!!!! Stop complaining know... would you?

April 23, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  18. Brian Granada Hills California

Sorry Obama, being President is one of he toughest jobs anyone can have. I agree with Hillary if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. You like to take pot shots at any critical comment towards you but God forbid if anyone disagrees with your, they are labelled a racist (Feraro, Bill Clinton, etc...).

You are untested, inexperienced and are NOT ready to take the keys to this great country.

April 23, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  19. Jean

Good Going Obama, Well Give her hell!!

April 23, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  20. Erick Ntang

If the nomination process from the democratic perspective, has come down to who can win the big states,why did the party from the beginning not set out the rules that who ever wins the big states wins the nomination rather than set a magic number based on pledge delegates and popular votes. did they not know also from the beginning that those big states were necessary to beat a Republican candidate?

April 23, 2008 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  21. Jane, NC

Senator Obama cannot turn his complaints into a negative for Sen. Clinton. His mistake was not waiting his turn to run for president. We already had a fine candidate in Sen. Clinton. His "ferocity of now" reason applied to a magnificent civil rights movement, not his personal ambition. He has jumped the gun, and unfortunately, the democratic party is paying the price.

April 23, 2008 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  22. Gavin

OBAMA IS SUCH A WIMP !

GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN BARRY OBAMA

INDIANA
    HILLARY

April 23, 2008 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  23. ChimChim

The tables have turned on poor Obama. After a flogging in PA, he suddenly sounds pretty grumpy and desperate. I bet he'll start throwing some of Hillary's old 90's baggage at the media to see if they'll take the bait. This man cannot and should not be allowed to be the leader of the greatest country in the world.

April 23, 2008 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  24. Mack

Crybaby. We need an adults as president. Obama needs to stops all of this whinning that he's been doing every since he lost the ABC debate.

April 23, 2008 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |