April 24th, 2008

Clinton sees influx of campaign cash

Clinton has seen an influx in campaign cash since winning the Pennsylvania primary.

NEW YORK (CNN) - Sen. Hillary Clinton's Pennsylvania victory seems to be helping her regain ground financially against rival Barack Obama, who has outraised her by tens of millions of dollars.

The day that followed Clinton's Pennsylvania win was the biggest day in the history of her campaign, according to Terry McAuliffe, her campaign chairman.

The New York senator raised $10 million through the Internet and had 80,000 new donors, he said.

Compare that to two months ago, when Clinton could not afford to pay staffers and even lent her campaign $5 million from her own pocket.

Full story

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. TEXAN FOR THE NAKED TRUTH!!!

Way to go Hillary. We can win yes we can. You know after reading the Obama blogs on other comment sections I've come to realize how ignorant the Obama supporters really are. Some them even claim to be educated then make such foolish statements. They're continuely bashing Hillary just like they claim CNN is rooting for her. BULL....!!! We all know that is not true. Some even promise rioting in the street if Obama doesn't get selected. BOY! Why would we expect anything different. When most of these supporters will riot on most anything where they can overturn cars, burning what they can't even buy and stealing TVs. I am so tired of this ignorance. Making these kind of statements is really going to help your candidate win this election. I'M SO AFRAID YOU'RE GOING TO RIOT. Oh! Heaven forbid, I'm so scared I'm shaking in my boots. Bring it on losers. This time we may not just stand by and watch you run rampant in the streets. THIS IS WHY WE WANT HILLARY IN THE WHITE HOUSE. We will at least know what we're gettting and that certainly is not ignorance. HILLARY 08

April 24, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  2. Candi

If Hillary is out of money and Bill wants her to stay in and fight. Thne Bill should give her the money. Yes they have more money than 3 household of people for 4 years. Hillary stop begging and five up some of your money, you want to win don't you, or do you just want to divide the party. You can't have it both ways, Other people money and save yours for when you lose. I am with Joyce save your money, the Clinton's got enough to go around. If the volunteeeerrrrrrrrr are working for free then she should have money to pay her bills,.

Obama

April 24, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  3. Fernando

I really hope that Clinton does not get the democratic nomination.
    Do we really want to live in a country that establishes a duel monarchy of Bushes and Clintons? Wake up people, and take a chance on changing the country that we all live in. I'm sure all of you Hilary supporters will argue that Obama does not have the experience to lead this country. I ask you, did our current president have the appropriate amount of experience for you when he led our country to war? Lets all turn a new page in this country's history, elect the first african american president and take the initial step towards diminishing all racial inequalities that continue to plague this country today.

April 24, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  4. James Mitchell

Go Hillary i just sent you another donation and so didd my three friends. We will continue to find people to join you and send more we belive in you and america.Yes We Can keep up the good work and never stop fighting for us the people who work to build this country.

April 24, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  5. Donna

Since MI and FL will not be counted in the primaries will they get counted in the general election? So how can we elect a president without letting every state vote? I think this was poor judgement on the DNC part not the canidates or the citizens of the states in question. I think the DNC was powertripping to begin with. I may have to switch parties not because of Clinton or Obama but because of the foolishness of the DNC.

April 24, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  6. vic nashville,Tn

10 point lead 10 Million cash .1.3 Million votes
    God bless Pennsylvania
    Hillary 08

April 24, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  7. jfs Memhis, Tn

She is ASKING FOR SMALL DONATIONS FROM THE WHITE BLUE COLLAR VOTER??? THE SINGLE STRUGGLING MOTHER??? THE ELDERLY AND RETIRED??? PEOPLE LOSING THEIR HOMES??? these are her voters ......I thought she was so concerned about the welfare of these afflicted groups !!! Someone who ,with her husband, has earned over $100 million dollars shouldn't need to beg for money these people??? After her campaign has blown over $125 million in contributions against a virtual unknown Candidate?? and still trails??? How dare they use these folks and then have the audacity to give them false hopes!!! I feel ashamed to be a democrat !!!

April 24, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  8. Lucas Hart

North Carolina voters will obliterate Obama!

April 24, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  9. Eric

Thing is, nobody can believe her anymore. Are the numbers right, did she lend money to her own campaign? Did she send herself thousand of e-mails over the internet. Who knows.

But I just love her new tactic to go with little donors.

"I care for you poor people. Keep on giving so I can pursue my meaningless quest for a nomination i lost more than a month ago".

She is getting as scary as her supporter Carville, who seems to be stepping out of his coffin everytime he gets on t.v.

April 24, 2008 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  10. Beatrice Perez

Hillary will be the best president we have ever had. Obama will make a fine vice-president. This is the dream team that can beat McCain.

April 24, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  11. NotThisTimeinNY

To Voting Block:

African americans are not voting for Obama because he is African American . .. we are voting for him because we are TIRED ... nothing but empty promises from the status quo - he has ignited us to come together, to work for the common good of our country ... when is the last time you actually felt motivated to get into the community and do your part?? Obama does this to us .... color of skin is not a pre-requisite!!! Join the team, there's plenty of room!!!

April 24, 2008 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  12. YOU NEED TO KNOW

Clinton Supporters: Ask yourselves "WHY IS SHE TAKING YOUR MONEY AND IS NOT LENDING SOMEMORE OF HER FORTUNE TO HER CAMPAIGN?" Is it because she knows she has lost and is only willing to continue on at your expense. Think about it.

April 24, 2008 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  13. mary

Hillary gets her votes the old fashioned way, hard work! Obama has to buy votes, better send him more money, for Indiana, he didn't spend enough to buy PA. votes.

April 24, 2008 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  14. Franky, New York, NY

It cracks me up how Obamites are quick to advise their candidate 'not to worry', 'take a vacation and get some rest'....will they NEVER learn. Hillary is tenacious. If he so much as takes a bathroom break, she'll pounce all over him senseless.

He needs to watch his back and start taking her more seriously...or just step down (which I'd rather he would)

GO HILLARY '08!!

April 24, 2008 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  15. The voter

"Daniel April 24th, 2008 2:22 pm ET

It was about time to help her to be well prepaired for this battle. She has done well with much less resource that Obama… now, having enogth cash we will all see her good victories."

------------------------------
    I agree. It is a silly but expensive game started by Obama. His supporters, college students, are attached to the computers and are happily pushing the "contribute" button and charge to their parents' credit cards. I always supported the democratic tickets but I never donated until this these primaries. I already donated aver $500 to Clinton and may need to donate more. It is sad, but now a candidate will get a bad reputation and a perception that he/she is not "popular" if the supporters (or their parents) don't get broke donating.

Hope, after this election, the campaign spending will be curbed somehow to be more reasonable.

April 24, 2008 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  16. Tanis

Smart, experienced, tough and vented–HILLARY CLINTON
    Elitist, inexperienced, fluffy and who knows what else he has done in his life????????–Barack Hussein Obama.

HILLARY 08/12

April 24, 2008 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  17. joe

the clinton camp always getting counting wrong I don't think this is right too.

April 24, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  18. alice2

SORRY HILLARY, YOU'R A BAD RISK. The word is out, Haven't you heard? YOU LOST.

April 24, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  19. Kelley

maybe she can try to pay her way out of all her lies.

Obama '08!!

April 24, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  20. The voter

What is so bad about my last comment that you keep it "under moderation?"

April 24, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  21. Chris, Middletown, CT

Did you guys forget that she misspoke about a sniper attack – supported drivers licenses for illegal aliens – was unclear whether her healthcare plan supported illegal aliens (or not) – or the fact that her "experience" is confirmed in recent White House papers from the Clinton administration – and she didn't attend one cabinet meeting – hmmm?? and the "experience" helped her to not read the intelligence report prior to her Iraq vote....what are you voting for?? I mean really....what are you supporting??? she's a mess

April 24, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  22. Get Real

Obama, by his own admission said in 2004 that he was not qualified to be president of the United States. I agree and have taken him at his word. That's the best endorsement I have for not voting for him.

April 24, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  23. The voter

April 24, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  24. aware

Hillary 2008 and 2012! :)

Obama is not electable.

April 24, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  25. California Girl

I just donated to Hillary.

April 24, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |