April 24th, 2008

Clinton sees influx of campaign cash

Clinton has seen an influx in campaign cash since winning the Pennsylvania primary.

NEW YORK (CNN) - Sen. Hillary Clinton's Pennsylvania victory seems to be helping her regain ground financially against rival Barack Obama, who has outraised her by tens of millions of dollars.

The day that followed Clinton's Pennsylvania win was the biggest day in the history of her campaign, according to Terry McAuliffe, her campaign chairman.

The New York senator raised $10 million through the Internet and had 80,000 new donors, he said.

Compare that to two months ago, when Clinton could not afford to pay staffers and even lent her campaign $5 million from her own pocket.

Full story

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. ray

If you donate, you get personalized messages in your email from Hillary. It's hot.

April 24, 2008 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  2. aLBAMA

OBAMAOBAMAOBAMAOBAMAOBAMAOBAMAOBAMAOBAMAOBAMAOBAMA!!!!!!!!

April 24, 2008 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  3. lol

go hillary! you are a fighter, stay in it for the long haul. PA sent a message to elitist obama. he can't beat mccain. the dnc and superdelegates have to see seniors, and blue collar workers will never relate to obama. drop out obama you are not a uniter, you are a divider.

April 24, 2008 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  4. Karen in Ohio

Have any one noticed the odd couple of politics and weather this year? After Clinton won Arkansas, a tornado swept a town called "Clinton" there. Afetr she won Ohio, next day Ohioans digged themseslve out of a 10-inch snow. This time, Pennsylvanians are crying at a big storm the day after voting for her. Incredible!

April 24, 2008 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  5. ds

HRC should take responsibility for the economy. She claims to have been a leader all this time.

April 24, 2008 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  6. Tim

Since yesterday I have seen the campaign ad on Rev Wright down here in NC .It sure raises some eyebrowes .That guy is a piece of work and to think Obama knew him for 20years scares me to deaf .

McCain 2008 !!!!!!!!11111

April 24, 2008 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  7. Gary

She has the momentum! You're done Obama! Pls. explain your special friendship with Bill Ayers pls!

April 24, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  8. mama4obama

She has sold her soul and is now out to get ours.....

It will be a cold day in he– when she gets my vote.

Have you people all forgotten that it was the Clintons that sold us out? They robbed the American people of hundreds of thousands of jobs. Did you forget the scandals?

WAKE UP!!

OBAMA 08- for integrity, honesty and much needed change.

April 24, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  9. jonny

If Clinton can round up her 9.3 point win to 10 points, can I round up my $53,000 salary to $60,000?!?

April 24, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  10. Obama 08

Sorry, I just donated to Obama 50 dollars today so I cannot afford to donate any more to anyone.

April 24, 2008 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  11. Janie, Raleigh, N.C.

This is a TRUE story from North Carolina. The percentage of the black voers in the Democratic party is much larger than the % of white voters. However, when added to the Republicans or the Democrats who vote Republican in the general election, Obama does not have a chance. More adult women, over 35, will vote for Hillary than for Obama...that includes Republican women. If Democrats want to win in the general election, they will support Hillary...not Obama. These are the facts from NC. Senator Clinton understands that and is trying to give DemocraTS A CHANCE. Obama needs more time for the country to decide if he really has what it takes.It is time to vote what is best for the country...Hillary in 08

April 24, 2008 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  12. TONI

Hilary is generating new money and her old doners like myself will be continuing to contribute. Her supporters are going to pace it out, because they are the worker bees of this country that keep things going. I am a single parent, over extended, but I will give my last 5$ if I have to to Hilary Clinton. If is 10 bucks a week whatever, I can afford, at the time. Because I know that shes going to look out for people like myself. I would love universal Healthcare, that would have helped me tremendously. I got injured inbetween jobs a few years ago and let my cobra go at 800.00 a month and then got ill. A lapse in insurance coverage has changed my life forever! I dont want that to happen to anyone else. She has the experience and the political know how to get the job done. Hes all talk, no action. Look at his record people! He has none. I volunteered at the school when I was a young mother, I dont think my experience in the community warrants me to run for any office. Let alone President!!! Hey Msnbc. I havent heard one of you yet ask obama to get out of the race

April 24, 2008 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  13. Dan

I live in the UK and I am observing this election because it will make history. Obama is all talk and when comes to action he fails to deliver when it comes to the general election he will lose to the Republicans if he is the nominee also there are very influential people who don't want to see an African American President and thats a fact. Hillary Clinton on the other hand is the Democrats best chance to win the general election and reclaim the White House. We had a female Prime Minister why can't America have a women President! If I was an American Democrat I would vote for HILLARY.
    HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT

April 24, 2008 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  14. Susanne in PA

Why such venom from you Obama supporters. If you can't stand the heat.... I don't remember seeing such a fuss over Mr. Obama's 42 million in April. ( alot of it squandered on television and mailers gee that helped didn't it). She finally gets some cash from her supporters and you guys have to rip her. Is this the "Change" your talking about?
    WAAA WAAA, I think you guys all need your diapers "Changed". Grow up and face facts: ripping Hillary Clinton is not going to change the fact that he has lost a lot of luster over the past month or so and this race is taking a toll on his candidacy. People are finally starting to see that you have do more than whip crowds into a frenzy to capture the hearts and minds of most voters. There has to be some thing backing it up.

April 24, 2008 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  15. Zoey

Well, she got alot of Lobbist money. It's a little too late. It's funny how she is taking Obama's idea and letting the people fund her campagin.

April 24, 2008 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  16. tidho

The Clinton's really are brilliant politicians, that can't be denied.
    She basically met expectation in PA and she's spun that into a wave of new financing.

She's really no closer to taking the delegate lead (not that its a relevant measure to her anymore) and her 20%+ lead was sliced in half and yet she goes on TV declares victory andthe money begins to flow. You have to respect her for that.

April 24, 2008 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  17. Janie, Raleigh, N.C.

Those who donate to Obama gave him a lovely vacation in the Virgin Islands. Didn't you feel taken......?????

April 24, 2008 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  18. Chris

CAN WE SAY MADAM PRESIDENT GO HILLARY 08 KEEP ON FIGHTING AGAINST THAT BIGOT OBAMA AND HIS HATEFULL PASTOR. I HAVE JUST DONATED TO YOUR CAMPAIGN THIS IS GOING TO THE CONVENTION. YOU NOW HAVE THE POPULAR VOTE.

I SMELL VICTORY.

April 24, 2008 03:49 pm at 3:49 pm |
  19. Larry

God bless America.

April 24, 2008 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  20. Sante

Common sense must prevail!!
    GO HILLARY, I am going to donate rite now on other $100.

LOOOOOOVE YOU!!!!!!

April 24, 2008 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  21. Scott

Hillary Clinton is psychotic. She rounds 9.3 up to 10, she has sniper bullets wizzing past her in her head, and she is destroying her party for her own personal gain......Psycho.

April 24, 2008 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  22. Not too late, NC...

To the angry Obama supporters:

Who are you guys trying to fool?

If Obama's got it all wrapped up now, then why does he focus on Clinton at all? Why doesn't he just move on to the general election?

It's because he doesn't have it anywhere near wrapped up and, if you count Florida, the two of them have almost the same popular vote. This is the reality.

April 24, 2008 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  23. kenny cole

this woman is a crook not good for american president,rasict change your mind get behind the one that God choose....................obama 08

April 24, 2008 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  24. Wait

No, wait! She only raised 9.31 million dollars, so she didn't actually raise any money at all. Isn't that the kind of logic going on at this MENSA meeting? Obama supporters are morons, and a perfect example of what is wrong with the state of education in America. Apparently you can graduate from college and still not have learned anything.

April 24, 2008 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  25. Lulu

I suppose this what she mean by “I have 35 years of experience”, can’t run her very own campaign so; I wouldn’t want to know how she would handle the economy. Please QUIT Hillary!!!!!

April 24, 2008 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |