April 24th, 2008

Clinton sees influx of campaign cash

Clinton has seen an influx in campaign cash since winning the Pennsylvania primary.

NEW YORK (CNN) - Sen. Hillary Clinton's Pennsylvania victory seems to be helping her regain ground financially against rival Barack Obama, who has outraised her by tens of millions of dollars.

The day that followed Clinton's Pennsylvania win was the biggest day in the history of her campaign, according to Terry McAuliffe, her campaign chairman.

The New York senator raised $10 million through the Internet and had 80,000 new donors, he said.

Compare that to two months ago, when Clinton could not afford to pay staffers and even lent her campaign $5 million from her own pocket.

Full story

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Jay

What a bunch of Bitter Obama fans today. BITTER!!!!!!

Guess you thought Obama had this..THINK AGAIN!

April 24, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  2. Titus

Is it or me , or are you guys supporting a woman who can't even manage her own bills, and she is suppose to help America with it's problems?????????????????????????????

And how did she raise this money so quickly, something is fishy!

Tit for tat , silly season in America ,,,, You guys are straight wilding out,

IDIOTS,,, VOTE for OBAMA OR MCCAIN and WAKE THE HELL UP, your future is at stake.

April 24, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  3. Hillary-ious

Here's a bit of truth for those who are saying that "Obama is disenfranchising FL and MI voters".

Obama is not disenfranchising anyone. Both of those states' legistlatures voted to not redo their primaries. Obama had nothing to do with that. I'm sure people would love to make him a scapegoat for their frustrations, especially since he is the man who is going to beat Hillary Clinton for this nomination, but get your facts straight.

None of you can produce one bit of factual evidence that places the blame for FL and MI not revoting on Obama.

April 24, 2008 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  4. Pat

Does Hillary really thinks she will get over 70% of the remaining votes or convince more than half of the super delegates to over turn the vote of the people. It is so unlikely that either of these things will happen it is really unkind to be giving her supporter false hope and asking them for money.

April 24, 2008 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  5. owl

The one that lies will steal......watch out Obama .......We are all looking out for you .
    vote Obama '08

April 24, 2008 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  6. JAX, Florida

Clinton supporters don' understand they are only helping her pay her bills. She is in debt and she needs to raise money to pay her creditors and her office crews.
    It's not money that is going to be used to secure the nomination.

April 24, 2008 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  7. Jay

$100 yesterday..

$100 tomorrow...

My kids need someone who KNOWS what they are doing, now someone who HOPES they get it right and is ALL talk!!

HILLARY 08!!!

April 24, 2008 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  8. Phil From VA

Billary begging for cash. I can't take any more of this. Please quit.

April 24, 2008 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  9. Reid

This is what is called good money following bad. Typical female behavior, similar to a spoiled child having a temper tantrum and refusing to face reality. Clinton supporters who claim that they will not vote for Obama or vote for McCain in November obviously use the same thoug ht process. Keep spending AND asking for money even though you have already lost and then yell that you are going to "take your vote and run home" if they don't get their way. How ironic that when Roe v. Wade is flushed down the toilet by a 6-3 or 7-2 extremely conservative Supreme Court these fools will be to blame.

April 24, 2008 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  10. Repentant

I gave her so she can pay up the debts and peacefully exit the race without being in the red. But if she makes the mistake of acquiring more debts in a goose chase (Of course she cant win), she will have herself to blame; though not as if it matters much cause, just like Romney, she is sitting on hundreds of $million.

April 24, 2008 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  11. Eddie G

Charlotte...get a clue. This is not about gender. It certainly would be a great time for the first woman or african american to be the president. But Hillary is none of what you described. She is a liar and a cheat that will stop at nothing to be that first woman president. She wants to twist and bend and change the rules. The women over 60 didn't teach that and I hope they don't condone that....so please, if it were a great woman, I would be first in line to vote. Clinton is not, so wait for the right one to come along.

April 24, 2008 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  12. jj

Nasty nasty people, you talk about the money Clinton owes and wastes. Obama spent 3 or 4 times as much and still didn't gain any ground, if people knew in Feb what they know now, he wouldn't have the votes he has. He has the black vote and his supporters have divided the democrates and even more so the country with everything about race pushed down everyones throats. People don't vote for him because they don't trust him. there's a difference between exaggerating something and a continuous belief in racism. Obama and his wife have listened to Wright for 20 years and they are raising their daughters to be racists too. Obama supporters have divided this country and party more than anyone could imagine. They are the racists, they say if you don't vote for him you're a racist. Bull they just don't trust him because too little is known about him except his speeches and his MENTOR. we need to get past this or he will never stand a chance, even once he does get more experience.

April 24, 2008 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  13. Rick

To Steve from California. Yes, campaign finances (contributions) should be limited. The answer is simple. Limit contributions to only those holding a valid Social Security number. No special interests, no PAC, no Unions, no Corporations, etc. US citizens only.

But here's another $10 million going down the toilet that won't be available for the general election.

April 24, 2008 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  14. Leslie4Hillary

I'm sorry to burst your bubble Obama supporters, I too, like the rest of you was an Obama supporter; I've contributed to his campaign. I was a precint captain for his caucus. The statement of Obama in that PRIVATE FUNDRAISING in San Francisco, made me turned sour against him. He used me as a tool to fulfill his grand ambition. I've overlook the fact he doesn't have any track record or experience to backup his words. I had high hopes on what he said, but it never dawn on me in private he called me a bigot, looking down on me.

I've made amends for the most grieveous mistake that I've committed, I was one of the first time donors to Hillary Clinton campaign after the media announced she was the projected winner. I did not donate just once or twice, but 5 times and I will continue to donate more to her campaign. One thing I cannot stand and leaves a bitter taste in my mouth when a politician with ZERO credentials but wanted us to put faith in his words is to look down on me.

April 24, 2008 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  15. joyce

listen older grannies
    buy groceries with your money
    hillary has plenty of her on and her campaighn is lost. when she breaks you, she will still be rich and you will be straving and she could care less about you. i know the clintons, see i am white = 65- and i live in arkansas and we don't want them back her. our state was corrupted enought by them already

April 24, 2008 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  16. ObamaFan

Between Sideshow Bill and Hillary Jr., criss-crossing the country, and HRC's "momentum" BS, and weasel Terry McAuliffe's "new math", I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. I'm from PA, and I apologize we couldn't have ended this madness on Tuesday. To say that Obama can't carry the big states is riduculous. In the last 4 elections, the Dems have carried all the big states that Her Highness only thinks she can. Why are none of the media reporting that Obama was behind in PA by 20 POINTS six weeks ago, and winnowed down to 9? Why is HRC bemoaning the fact that the votes in Michigan should now count, when she, and the other potential nominees agreed that they wouldn't? Because she needs the votes in a contest she's LOSING!!! Enough of her and Bill, and their perceived notion that the they are ENTITLED to the Presidency.

OBAMA 2008, 2012

April 24, 2008 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  17. Toni

Come on you guys.You like her,you really really like her.Stop fighting yourselves and admit the truth. I like and trust her, that is why I keep donating.By the way, I am a woman way under the age of sixty,Mother of two boys,happily married and college educated.And because I am "all that", I make my own decisions. I do not follow what media personalities, entertainers,biased media and anyone else who falls for the flavor of the season .

April 24, 2008 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  18. Lindsay

I just made a donation!
    To BARACK OBAMA.

April 24, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  19. Bobby

He got thrashed in OH and PA because hard-nosed Blue-Collar voters can’t be won over with simple minded clichés and lofty speeches. His cronies made sure that MI and FL were not counted. Does anyone see those Democrats voting for him in the GE?

90% of African-Americans are Democrats. Therefore, in States where they are only 15-20% of the population, they suddenly become 30-40% of Democratic Primary Voters and won him S Carolina, Georgia, Miss., etc. They will again become 15-20% of General Election voters, and these States will remain Repub.

He's won small White States with large no. of College Students, like Wisconsin and IA. Again, 12% of the pop. translates into a quarter of Primary voters, and will have little effect in the GE.

He's done extremely well in Caucuses, which won't exist in the Fall, although I think he'd take IA.

The MA, CT, RI and NY Primaries are unimportant, since those States are going to remain with Democrats and TX will similarly remain Repub.

Therefore, Barrack in not elect able in the GE.

QED

April 24, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  20. Steve

Hillary's biggest misstep to this point is her failure to state the obvious – Obama is neither prepared nor qualified to be president.

It may be against ettiquite to attack an opponent from your party that way, but it's honestly what's best for the country.

April 24, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  21. I could use 10 million

To the very smart people who donated money to a campaign that is statistically over............I have a new cause I would like for you all to contribute to............my college tuition bills!!! It is a far better cause considering I will actually get my degree. You gave 10 million to a second place contestant!!!! And all she is doing is making sure the person who will be the democratic nominee less appealing even if by some stroke of luck it is her. We are going to be stuck with a crappy republican in office again. Gas will be $5 a gallon and I still will have to work two jobs to graduate from college and keep a roof over my head. So to the people who keep ebbing her on..............thanks for nothing!!!

April 24, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  22. DoneWithDems

This is great news. Keep them cards and letters coming!! Operators standing by......

April 24, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  23. LH, TX

Obama do not debate with Hillary because the media will keep playing the games she likes to play and not discusss the issues. Keep having townhall meetings so the people will get to know who you really are because in Hillary's townhall meetings people will find out how dishonest she is and that she blows whichever way the wind blows. They are not fooling us with these debates and Hillary is not fooling us with her propaganda. God Bless Obama. OBAMA '08

April 24, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  24. Sam

I wanted to donate her. But there wasn't any option of dontaing 2 cents.

April 24, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  25. wolfsbane

Deck stacked against her? Are you serious? She's a former first lady to a two term President, has name recognition, support of the establishment, her husband is a money making spigot with speaking fees, her huge cash advantage at the start.....why isn't she the frontrunner, with such a starting deck in her favor.

Clinton supporters should be asking what happened, how did she fall behind and in debt, and what does this say about her leadership ability?

April 24, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |