April 24th, 2008

Jenna Bush may not back McCain

Laura Bush and daughter Jenna appeared on CNN's Larry King Live Thursday.
Laura Bush and daughter Jenna appeared on CNN's Larry King Live Thursday.

(CNN) - President Bush was quick to endorse John McCain when the Arizona senator wrapped up his bid for the Republican presidential nomination.

But another Bush might not be so sure.

Speaking with CNN's Larry King Wednesday night, Jenna Bush said she hasn't decided yet who she will vote for in November.

"I don't know," Jenna Bush, daughter of President and Mrs. Bush, said when asked if she will back McCain.

"Of course [I am open]. I mean, who isn't open to learning about the candidates and I'm sure that everybody's like that," she added.

Though the younger Bush conceded she has "been too busy with books to really pay that much attention."

Meanwhile, mother Laura Bush was quick to affirm that she will be voting for the Republican candidate in the fall.

The two appeared on the show to discuss Jenna Bush's upcoming wedding next month.

"[It will be] outdoors, very small wedding, you 'know, very small, all relatives, our families, really, kind of big," Jenna Bush said. “So it's half-family and then half very close friends."

Filed under: John McCain
  1. sacto joe

WHO CARES???

When are you going to start delving into the SUBSTANCE of the candidates, instead of playing the tabloid sleaze game?

Of course, why would I expect anything different from a Repuplican rag....

April 24, 2008 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  2. Terry

I'm tired of reading everyday that "such and such" is endorsing somebody. I don't really care who endorses who. I'm waiting for the voting to be completed. But I must say, maybe there is a Bush with some brains. Maybe.

April 24, 2008 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  3. Anne - VA

Hillary, get over yourself! You do NOT lead in popular votes. Read my lips...YOU DO NOT LEAD IN POPULAR VOTES!!!

What is wrong with this woman? Is she serious? If so, she really has issues and a very dangerous obsession with being President of the United States.

If her obsession runs this deep, then I think she's a time bomb just waiting to explode. Watch out people!!! Or will that be "sniper fire"???

Get over it Billary....take your lost like a man. Afterall, you do seem like the one who wears the 'pants' in the house.

The sooner we rid of you the better. And to think that I actually used to have respect for you and your husband.

You are a disgrace to this country...and that's my opinion, which as an American citizen I am entitled too...

April 24, 2008 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  4. mamady sylla (london)

Will Jenna get the courage to make official who she is backing! Like many young american people, i am sure she is for Obama.

April 24, 2008 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  5. Nuwan Samaranayake

Good attitude. I never thought it would come from a Bush. But it is good.

April 24, 2008 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  6. anna colburn

Obama said government doesn't listen to the people.

The vast majority of the American public supported the Iraq invasion-on recommendation of a President the majority wholeheartedly supported.

Hillary is now blamed for doing what Obama accuses the government of not doing.

In the aftermath of such a devastating crisis as 9/11, to go against public opinion and be wrong, would have been political suicide.

I sincerely doubt the attention-loving Obama would have had such courage. "Walk in my shoes".

Go Jenna!
    And Go Hillary–per Obama's own expectation, she listens!

April 24, 2008 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  7. Jean-Sebastien Dufresne-Vaz

Its nice to see that at least one Bush know wath is best for this country

April 24, 2008 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  8. Phillip-Little Rock

Who cares? If she's supporting Obama, then that would be the biggest slap in the face to daddy's legacy, right? If she's supporting Hillary, then she's another in a long line of losers......

BUT, the biggest insult is that she won't even support her own party!! Like was said before, can somebody say 'closet Obama supporter'?

April 24, 2008 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  9. Amanda

WHO CARES WHATS GOING ON WITH JENNA!!!!!!!!!

April 24, 2008 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  10. Joe G, Washington, DC

She sounds like a real, er 'rocket scientist', got dad's brains "for sure"...

April 24, 2008 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  11. NoozeJunkie

Go to the tape and notice the very uncomfortable look Jenna shoots to the camera following those comments. It looked like she was thinking, "Oh God, I hope I don't get sent to the Gulag for that."

April 24, 2008 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  12. The Young & Educated for Obama

Ann 69 was a good year :)

April 24, 2008 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  13. John

I like this. Study the people then vote. Not just "Im a Dem/Rep". I wish the leftys would take this advise.

April 24, 2008 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  14. Tim Lieder

Wow.

That's the most inane "news" story I've seen in a long time.

Maybe you should tell us Paris Hilton's candidate of choice while you're at it.

April 24, 2008 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  15. Phil

"[It will be] outdoors, very small wedding, you 'know, very small, all relatives, our families, really, kind of big, so it's half-family and then half very close friends."

I think she's a dim bulb like mom and dad. Jenna, please don't breed.

April 24, 2008 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  16. Richard Rivera

Really though, why pay attention to any family member of the Bush Family. I would think at this point we would know not to expect much from any of them. Personally, I wish they would talk about not spreading their seed so that we would never have to hear from the Bush gene pool ever again.

April 24, 2008 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  17. sakki

Smart Girl. The only credible commentators in the news media right now are Keith Olberman, David Shuster, Cafferty, Andrew Copper, Rachael,

For the following, Morning Joe, Chris Mathews, Lou Dobbs and the rest continue continue with your bias news.

April 24, 2008 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  18. Bud

This would be a breath of fresh air... a Bush that can think independently and not simply tow the party line.

April 24, 2008 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  19. Marie

I saw that interview last night & Jenna had no idea what Larry King was talking about–"What? An election coming up? Huh?" She is in her own little "wedding" world.

April 24, 2008 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  20. Pam

Spoken like a true Bush.

April 24, 2008 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  21. sakki

OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT.

April 24, 2008 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  22. Ernest

Who cares!

April 24, 2008 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  23. AJP Richardson, TX

She is my kind of gal!!

April 24, 2008 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  24. Anonymous

"Who cares what the daughter of the worst president in US history thinks about anything?"

"What a wortheless article! Who cares as to whom she will vote for?"

"Real worthy of news, eh? And a frontpager! Wow!"

Amazing how many of you morons bother to comment given this "non news".

April 24, 2008 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |
  25. Nanc, MN

Jeez, CNN, with this kind of top notch reporting you should have at least shown us a picture of her engagement ring!

April 24, 2008 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |