April 24th, 2008

Jenna Bush may not back McCain

Laura Bush and daughter Jenna appeared on CNN's Larry King Live Thursday.
Laura Bush and daughter Jenna appeared on CNN's Larry King Live Thursday.

(CNN) - President Bush was quick to endorse John McCain when the Arizona senator wrapped up his bid for the Republican presidential nomination.

But another Bush might not be so sure.

Speaking with CNN's Larry King Wednesday night, Jenna Bush said she hasn't decided yet who she will vote for in November.

"I don't know," Jenna Bush, daughter of President and Mrs. Bush, said when asked if she will back McCain.

"Of course [I am open]. I mean, who isn't open to learning about the candidates and I'm sure that everybody's like that," she added.

Though the younger Bush conceded she has "been too busy with books to really pay that much attention."

Meanwhile, mother Laura Bush was quick to affirm that she will be voting for the Republican candidate in the fall.

The two appeared on the show to discuss Jenna Bush's upcoming wedding next month.

"[It will be] outdoors, very small wedding, you 'know, very small, all relatives, our families, really, kind of big," Jenna Bush said. “So it's half-family and then half very close friends."

Filed under: John McCain
  1. Bored

Who gives a whoot what Jenna Bush thinks? Why would CNN think this is actually news much less of of their "Top Stories?" She's a nice enough girl, but seriously, who cares what she or any child of a politician (who is famous simply because of their parents) thinks?
    Geeze. Must be a slow news day.

April 24, 2008 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  2. ARMSTRONG

Jenna:

You are a brilliant, smart young lady, to make this decision. You are also a very courageous.

Our two daughters will be also be voting for Barack Obama.

God Bless you and wish you all the best.

April 24, 2008 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  3. Anonymous

Who cares about Jenna Bush??? She wanted to be left alone from the media, then the minute she's trying to sell her book, she's everywhere.
    Go away Jenna, no ones cares!!

April 24, 2008 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  4. Robert NYC & Miami

CNN and the rest of the Media will stop at nothing to create news.

I saw Larry King and the way she answered the question did not come close to saying she may be open to support anyone else.

Besides, who cares?

With the country in an endless was, that her stupid Daddy started, and she is talking to us about her wedding.

Again, who cares.

April 24, 2008 11:24 am at 11:24 am |
  5. Tamika

Why isnt CNN(the most watched news channel in my opinon)covering where Mr. and Mrs. Clinton are going to be tomarrow and why? Are you afraid of them like everyone else is..why isnt anyone covering "The Hillary Movie".. if this were Obama.. it would be OVER!!!!! you all should be ashamed of yourself as journalists…I am sure you wont be posting this!..people go to you tube and see the movie(full)for yourselves and wake up!!!!.. google Clinton V Paul (California April 25th 2008)…

If i get this posted it would be a miracle…and then you'd remain my MOST watched news channel(maybe)

April 24, 2008 11:24 am at 11:24 am |
  6. JimS.

What makes you all so sure she's supporting Obama and not Clinton?

April 24, 2008 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  7. Rich in Seattle

Uh yeah, she wants to have a write in vote for "That cute guy from the OC."

I and can care less about Chelsea, and even less about the Bush Twins.

April 24, 2008 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  8. D Long

Come on, CNN. Do really think that Jenna Bush's opinion is newsworthy one way or another? Must be a slow day.

April 24, 2008 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  9. Amit

NO to McWarInsane!

April 24, 2008 11:27 am at 11:27 am |
  10. Grandma Moses

BUSH-wacked!!!

What's this...eh? A defector from the royal family.

Can't you smell what Ba Rock is cookin?

Repubs are a dying breed. Halleluyah!

A little something I like to call the "O" factor...

O 8!

April 24, 2008 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  11. Miles

Personally, I really don't care who is ultimately the Democratic Nominee because whoever it turns out to be will get my vote. Hopefully, everyone who is concerned about our once great country and the destruction wrought upon it by the GOP Administration of the last seven years will unite behind whoever is the Democratic Nominee and give him/her a landslide victory into the White House. Further, I hope that every thinking person votes Democratic for every open office in their particular location, especially if the race is for the Senate or the House of Representatives. We need to provide a Democratic President with super majorities in both Houses of Congress so that the GOP will be relegated to a meaningless entity unable to stop the reforms so desperately needed to save our country. I ask, no I beg, that everyone who loves our country and what it should truly stand for will remember what has happened over the last seven years and vow that it will never happen again. It's the least we can do for the Founding Fathers, who pledged their lives, fortunes and sacred honor in creating the best form of government in the history of the world. To do anything less would be treason in my view.

April 24, 2008 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  12. Mike Schultz

Man, we must be suffering for real news. Jenna Bush is not going to support John McCain? Who cares?

April 24, 2008 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  13. Charles

This shows that even Republicans are leary of putting another one back into office

April 24, 2008 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  14. s

At least she was honest. I saw them on one of the news shows, and I hate to say it but she is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

April 24, 2008 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  15. ECHEWEOZO

who is she?

April 24, 2008 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  16. Price

Good for her. Obviously an intelligent voter who looks at the facts before making her decision. We could use a lot more of that.

April 24, 2008 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  17. Nancy Mengshol

I myself am waiting to know who Jenna Bush will vote for until I make my decision. Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 24, 2008 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  18. Chut Pata

it is no brainer, all the whiz kids are backing Obama, all the cranky old ones backing Billary, and the stupid ones McBush. Jenna has to back Obama, she is too young, too smart, and too educated to do otherwise

April 24, 2008 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  19. Unreadable

Sane people support Obama.

April 24, 2008 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  20. God Bless America

Come on Mrs. Bush just because you are married to April's biggest Fool doesn't mean Jenna has to support the man who will continue to ruin America. IS AMERICA BETTER NOW THAN WE WERE 8 YEARS AGO? JENNA HAS TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE COUNTRY!!!!!!

April 24, 2008 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  21. Jake

The fact that her last name is Bush and she doesn't want to support McCain can only help him. I can't believe that any of the candidates want to be connected to the worst President in the history of our country in any fashion, regardless of how tenuous that connection may be.

April 24, 2008 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  22. Jo

I agree that this is a worthless article. Plus, any individual who heard her interview on the Today show would know that she doesn't appear to be very intelligent. She has the oratory skills of her father and must have gotten into UT on legacy rather than her own intelligence.

April 24, 2008 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  23. Robbin

good for you Jenna! we know you are voting for Obama! you go girl!

April 24, 2008 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  24. Orlando

I just got a whole lotta respect for lil Jen-Jen... It is refreshing to see her with a mind of her own.

Obama 08

April 24, 2008 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  25. Nick

Simply demonstrates that the children of conservative parents are raised to have an open mind

April 24, 2008 11:32 am at 11:32 am |