April 29th, 2008

Rep. Ike Skelton picks Clinton

Skelton is backing Clinton.
Skelton is backing Clinton.

(CNN) - Missouri Rep. Ike Skelton said Tuesday he will cast his superdelegate vote for Hillary Clinton.

In a statement released by the Clinton campaign, Skelton said he is supporting the New York senator because of "her support in rural America, her commitment to National Security, and her dedication to our men and women in uniform."

Skelton is chairman of the powerful House Armed Services Committee and has served in congress for over 30 years. His state narrowly voted for Barack Obama on February 5, though Clinton won 60 percent of his congressional district.

With Skelton's endorsement, Clinton now holds a 22 superdelegate lead over Obama, 259 to 237, according to CNN's estimate. More than 300 superdelegates have yet to make up their minds.

Skelton is the fourth superdelegate to endorse a candidate Tuesday. Earlier, North Carolina Gov. Mike Easley announced he was backing Clinton and Kentucky Rep. Ben Chandler and Iowa DNC member Richard Machacek announced they were supporting Obama.

1. Walls

I like hearing all the bitter Obama supporters that actually believe he's going to bring this change upon the United States. lmfao. Go tell your Messiah that if he wants to bring change.. start over in Kenya and then if he can do well there.. we'll consider him in the states.

Oh that's right.. we elected an idiot for president twice.. and now Obama supporters are pushing for a third time of an idiot in the white house? The man doesn't even know half of what he's talking about when it's not written up in a pretty little speech for him.

Obama is a WIMP and I pray the super delegates see that Hillary IS the better candidate and they send Obama back to Illinois so that he, Rezko, and Wright can all sit around a small table in a small office and talk about how they almost done it.

Open your eyes America and quit being idiots.
    Ain't no wonder the rest of the world hates us.

April 29, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  2. rk

Fantastic for Missouri. and Hillary!!!
    Claire Mccaskill needs to get with the program.

Hillary 08

April 29, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  3. Nora, FLORIDA

Just look at him. Enough said!!! Someone is paying him under the table.

April 29, 2008 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  4. huntingdonpost

I am glad to see the press finally reporting when Hillary gets a superdelegate. With Obama, every single one is trotted out, but usually there is no mention when Clinton does. She got three a couple of weeks ago and I read it an African newspaper.

April 29, 2008 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  5. TheONE

28 year old White MAN in FLORIDA – Thank you bringing this out!!!!!!! I would have NEVER KNOWN ABOUT THIS. I can't help but to think that somehow our news is being filtered based on AGENDA as opposed to duty!!!!!!

PLEASE---EVERYBODY NEEDS TO READ "28 year old White MAN in FLORIDA" POST. IT'S THE 19TH ONE FROM THE TOP. WE NEED TO KEEP THIS THING FAIR!!!!!!!!

April 29, 2008 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  6. Dustin

I just want to comment on something that Hill-Billary has been saying this whole campaign. She keeps saying that she's ready to lead on day one. This is a bunch of crap. First, let's explore the obvious response to this. Newly-inuagurated presidents don't do crap on day one. They go to black tie parties. Hill-Billary would certainly do this. Second, there's the implication that Obama wouldn't be ready on day one. Where is this coming from, and why are people actually buying it? It's amazing to me how ignorant this country is. Someone keeps repeating the same thing over and over and pretty soon the ignorant and stupid among us begin to believe it. Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest. It's an empty statement. But then she's a Washington insider. I shouldn't have expected anything different.

April 29, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  7. wakethehellup!!!!!

If Hillary wins the primary I don't think she needs all of the African American vote to win. Besides there are plenty who still feel she's the best choice.

April 29, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  8. James

I thought Clem Kadiddlehopper was dead.

April 29, 2008 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  9. Tom

Anne E.

If this were Hillary's Rev. saying all this stuff, you can the Obama campaign would be jumping like ants in your pants.

Your BOLD writing does not intimidate me at all.

Remember, Obama will not change America. Did he do it in his State Senate District in Chicago, NO.

Did or didn't Obama say in 2002, when he was just a little State Sen. that he is not qualified to be president?

April 29, 2008 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  10. Mark Anthony

"Her dedication to the men and women in uniform" correct me if I'm wrong and I'm positive I'm not!!! SHE VOTED FOR THE WAR!!! SHE'S PART OF THE PROBLEM, SO HOW CAN SHE BE THE SOLUTION!!!

April 29, 2008 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  11. JOYCE

who the h-cares who indorsed her want do no good

April 29, 2008 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  12. Peg

I'm not surprised in Ike......he's an older representative who feels comfortable endorsing the known past. Hillary represents the past and will continue to play politics like she has learned to do.

Obama represents a new and different type of politics, we need him to lead us into a new era where we all, not just the wealthy are given a "say" in what happens in this country. Change is a good thing and we need it desperately this election.

Ignore all the Rev. Wright nonsense.....that is.....if you are courageous enough to move into the future and leave the past negative politics behind.

April 29, 2008 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  13. Tom

Good for Skeleton, never heard of him.

If Hillary loses, I will vote for McCain. You can count on this moderate democrat and others to follow.

April 29, 2008 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  14. Obama or McCain

Never voted republican and will never vote Hillary...
    Obama is the clear winner, but if for any reason he is not the nominee then I will never vote democrat again and will never vote for Obama in the future if he accepted a VP post...

April 29, 2008 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  15. jfs Memhis, Tn

NO Suprises here THE OLD WASHINGTON MACHINE SUPPORTS HILLARY...............THEY DO NOT WANT CHANGE !!! THEIR JOBS COULD BE AT STAKE IN THE FUTURE. It will business as usual with Hillary...............please folks in Indiana and North Carolina read the writing on the wall you MUST vote for Obama to change this mess!

April 29, 2008 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  16. Shane

CONGRATS HILLARY. REMEMBER PEOPLE, SENIOR MEMBERS OF CONGRESS AND SENATE HAVE A LOT OF PULL. JUNIOR MEMBERS OF CONGRESS AND SENATE LOOK UP TO THEM.

April 29, 2008 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  17. Chris in Va.

To Maya : Perhaps Obama lacks judgement, But Hillary certainly lacks integrity

April 29, 2008 06:03 pm at 6:03 pm |
  18. mitch from ark.

just another politician of the past.why do people keep electing these people,who are the ones who have caused all the divisiveness in government.

April 29, 2008 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  19. maxine

How is it that they call Obama's win in Missouri narrow but they call Clinton's win in Texas a big victory especially when she was leading by 15 points or more weeks before the primary. What is it with CNN?

April 29, 2008 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  20. Danny

Good.......Hillary 08 nominee and 09 President of the United States.

No hope and no change to Obama.

April 29, 2008 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  21. gary

SETH )FLA. HRC ALWAYS WAS AHEAD WITH SUPER DELIGATES. THAT SHOWS WHO IS THE BEST CANIDATE.

April 29, 2008 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  22. Pearl

The democratic candidate with the most fundraising money will be the nominee. Hillary Clinton is $15 million or more in debt; Barack Obama is debt free. We'll see what happens.

April 29, 2008 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  23. Brian

Iowa Superdelegate Richard Machacek, said today he is pledging to support Illinois Sen. Barack Obama. This is Obama's 2nd endorsement of the day and 7th in the 7 days since the PA Primary...

April 29, 2008 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  24. Teresa Bray Moore

I cannot be angry at anyone for whom they choose as their President, I cannot stop anyone from their choice, I can only give you my reason for choosing who I think should be our next leader, not the person who makes many promises not the person who lie at the drop of a hat to gain points, not the person who chose t o fight through unfounded accusation, but a person that has respect for the nation a person that refuse to throw words of deceit and hate even in their demeanor. I would rather each candidate win through their position their determination to make an effective change throughout the nation, as a Black woman who believes she is a strong black woman who has witness lack of family unite lack of trust in the legal and government system, racism not only from other race but within my own race. I can only give my gift of my voice through my vote.

April 29, 2008 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  25. Chris in Va.

to: 28 yr old white man: Frustrating isn't it? I have been trying to post details for a while now only to be deleted or forever in moderation. I think the answer is quite clear. Details of this scandal would sink Clinton and the media circus and advrertising bonaza would be over. -Sad, it's all about the Benjamins.

April 29, 2008 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |