April 30th, 2008

Clinton adds third new superdelegate in 24 hours

George with Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell.
George with Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell.

(CNN) – Pennsylvania AFL-CIO president and superdelegate Bill George announced his support for Hillary Clinton Wednesday.

“Hillary Clinton has the strength and experience to jumpstart the economy and rebuild the middle class,” George said in a statement released by Clinton's presidential campaign. “Working families in Pennsylvania overwhelmingly favored her in last week’s primary, and I feel that she is our strongest candidate to carry Pennsylvania in November and win back the White House.”

George, a Democratic National Committee member since 1996, had been actively courted by Clinton and Democratic rival Barack Obama in advance of his state’s primary last week. Clinton and Obama both addressed the Pennsylvania AFL-CIO convention earlier this month. Clinton defeated Obama in Pennsylvania's April 22 primary.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • superdelegates
  1. Mike, Indianapolis IN

Well.....I for one am happy to see that the women of this great nation no longer support the idea of fairplay or honesty. It'll make it easy for me to fire 6 older white women from my shop today.

I'm a white male and by no means an Obama supporter, however, I will vote for him next week based on the way he has conducted not only himself, but his campaign as well. None of the gutter win at any cost crap that comes out of the Hillary camp.

Most dissappointing is the fact that so many women seem willing/giddy to overlook this character flaw. It amazes me that I've never seen this before. Late next week I'll be heading to my other plants and hopefully I'll have an opportunity to repeat these firings. I hope they like their catfood!!

April 30, 2008 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  2. yen

They know that she can't win the demo. election. You are wasting your vote and elongating the pain of the American people.

April 30, 2008 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  3. Rob

As long as they wrap this up before the convention. I'd hate to see soemthing like the rodney king riots if Hillary steals this election at the convention with another backdoor deal.

April 30, 2008 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  4. Blake

It is supply and demand that effects the pumps. The demand for oil and the supply at its peak is the cause of the gas spike. The taxes are not the answer. Do you think that the oil companies are going to just leave the prices be if the tax is lifted?

April 30, 2008 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  5. louis

You people say Obama has no experience they say?

Well I used to lift weights in my 40's I was bench pressing 370lbs and dead lifting 405lbs and that was my weight experience but if i went into the gym and someone threw 1500lbs at me I don't experience to deal with that.

NOBODY! white or black has experience to deal with the fall and decline of world and the greatest nation in that world it is not experience needed a scholar once said "Where there is no vision the people perish" and that is where Obama is ranking over all of them!

April 30, 2008 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  6. Love the USA

You go Hillary... We are all behind you...

April 30, 2008 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  7. Paul

Now that's a new one I haven't heard yet. The Clintons have overwhelming support from all of the Hill-Billys. What a coincidence.

April 30, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  8. Mike from Westchester

I like this. Keep splitting the SDs evenly. If they can split the next 200, the fat lady will have finished singing, HRC can deliver her concession speech, and the real contest can begin.

Obama '08

April 30, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  9. obama lover

roger
    don't feel bad for barack he is ahead and staying that way. save you pitty for hillary she will need it in court in november for federal fraud from year 2000

April 30, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  10. Moses, Ca.

What about this L.A. fraud case i've been hearing about, involving Bill Clinton. They're not letting Hillary testify until after Nov. sounds a little strange to me.

April 30, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  11. Frank, Missouri

Join the lie fest !

April 30, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  12. Wright

You do not need to look at Wright.

Just look at the pro-Onama blogs and you will see the same hatred and divisiveness and name-calling.

Obama and his supporters will sink the bandwagon and movement.

April 30, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  13. Ann

Amy R April 30th, 2008 10:54 am ET
    I am so sick of hearing Bill Clinton's rants and Hillary lies. America wants change."

Sure, all the noise started by Obama's campaign is exactly the kind of change America needs. Noise instead of hard work will not bring prosperity back.. You perhaps like to watch TV and read the news, so you need Obama. Too many people need to bring bread on their kitchen tables so they have a different understanding of 'change'.

Hillary'08!

April 30, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  14. not a lemming

Finally, Superdelegates are awakening from the spell....

April 30, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  15. Eric , Gettysburg, PA

can someone explain why hillary supports the republican gas tax relief which will only save us around 30 dollars at the pump, and why she also uses George W's scare and terror tactics to advertise??? seems to me that Hillary is more republican than democratic...just look at the general population that supports her, they reside in predominantly republican counties that always vote republican in November....so do we have two republicans running??? lol, hilarious indeed. GO OBAMA

April 30, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  16. Helene

I am wondering what will happen if there is a tie in superdelegates. Go to super, super, super delegates ?

April 30, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  17. Paul Dobro

well, that increases Clintons non-elected superdelegate lead to +30 while Obama leads in elected superdelegates +9.

BUT don't worry, there is no back room political push to give Billary the nomination that she feels entitled to.

April 30, 2008 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  18. BEtty

I feel sorry for Obama, he has been betrayed for someone he should have been qble to trust. I think all this will help him win.

April 30, 2008 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  19. An American in Canada

Amy R April 30th, 2008 10:54 am ET

I am so sick of hearing Bill Clinton's rants and Hillary lies. America wants change. The Clintons are the same old status quo dressed up in a pantsuit.
    ******************************

AMY R

GET A LIFE!, IF THIS IS ALL YOU CAN SAY ABOUT THE CLINTON YOU SHOULD GO BACK AND DRINK MORE KOOL-AID.

Hillary R. Clinton will be the next President of America AMY R
    Because she is the most intellectual

Because,she is the most trustworthy to forward the American agenda to get back to being the most powerful and rested country in the world.

Because, she will be ready on day one, she has solutions to the problems facing American on day one, left by G.W. Bush...

And most of all, she is a strong leader, she is tough just like the Iron Lady that Britain had.

Hillary is the kind of presiden that America needs in this time , in this place and in this year 2009!

April 30, 2008 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  20. Indepenent Voter

Older women voters: vote with your brain...not your hoohaa!

April 30, 2008 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  21. Venus

It's OK. They all will be voting for Obama!

Go Obama!

April 30, 2008 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  22. larry from minnesota

If the Democratic Party does it again–nominates a candidate that annoys everybody like they did when the nominated John Kerry and Al Gore, I will be annoyed. Poor Hillary. She was not blessed with a pleasing personality. I like her stand on the issues, but her persona is like fingernails on a chalk board.

April 30, 2008 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  23. Ted R.

Big deal – Bill George is from Pennsylvania, which is led by that famed Clinton puppet, Ed Rendell. It would be intersting to see if George would have supported Obama if the primary vote went the other way.

April 30, 2008 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  24. DAN

Great news for Hillary and NC governor yesterday was a big one.. She has to win especially now with Obama lying about his pastor. Hillary is what the country needs ASAP.

April 30, 2008 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  25. Jaime

Hillary Clinton cannot lead the nation. She should be nicknamed "the Great Divider." She is a bitter, mean-spirited, vindictive old woman, who is power hungry. This nation does not need another presidency that is riddle with sex scandals!

Also, why is your network and other media outlets giving her a free ride. It seems that your network has joined with Fox to create an Obama smear campaign. Do you guys realize that we do not want to hear anything else about Reverend Wright, Flag lapel pins or Hillary's Bosnia lie! Do you guys think the public is stupid! When did CNN change its policy to tabloid journalism? We care about where our nation is headed and who is the right person to try and turn around the mess that village idiot from Texas created.

April 30, 2008 11:09 am at 11:09 am |