May 2nd, 2008

Clinton, Obama stump for last minute votes

Sen. Hillary Clinton makes a campaign stop in Kinston, North Carolina, on Friday

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama stumped for last-minute votes in Indiana and North Carolina Friday ahead of the states' Tuesday primaries.

New polls show Clinton narrowing Obama's lead in North Carolina, once seen as an easy win for Obama.

Polling in Indiana shows the two candidates running dead even.

"We are seeing terrific support all across Indiana and all across North Carolina ... I have no doubt these are going to be tight races. This campaign has been tight throughout," Obama said in Indianapolis, Indiana, Friday morning.

"But I am very confident the American people are looking for the kind of truth telling and serious policy making that is going to have an affect on heir lives, and as long as I'm talking about the issues."

Read the rest of the story

1. Julie MN

What Obama is really saying is; I count on the ignorant ,lazy,mean Americans to vote for me even though I'm a crook, liar, I have no resume, I cheated my way to this position by getting my competition names off the ballet by any means I knew. I cant release my 1997-1999 income tax, well, you know why, also I seem to have lost all my senate records or legal work I may have done for favors. He does NOT tell the trueth and he knows nothing about the issues!

Obama needs to drop out now !!!

May 2, 2008 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  2. DAN

Hillary will take Indiana by a good margin close to 10 points and Will also win NC narrowly,.This is kosher, it's easy to see because it's the economy stupid, and Hillary is on that theme while Obama's change means opening discussions and debates on race which is good for pastors but a presidents role is more about governing the country.

May 2, 2008 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  3. Moses, Ca.

I was born in Kinston. Iike Obama, c'mon kin folk let's do this for Obama

Moses,
    Ca.

May 2, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  4. ACitizen

And pundits say this thing is over...

Let the people vote, let the voices be heard, including those of Florida and Michigan!!

May 2, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  5. Susan, Kentucky

Hopefully Obama will get in there with the black voters of Indianapolis that were complaining about feeling ignored a few days ago. He needs those votes.

May 2, 2008 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  6. Eric

"Polling in Indiana shows the two candidates running dead even"

Well, that's not what I see in realclearpolitics:

Hillary 47.5
    Obama 41.3

I know you CNN want Obama to be the nominee but at least be a little objective in your reportings. One thing is opinion, another thing is facts.

May 2, 2008 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  7. Shannon McMurphy

I very much look forward to Obama's "truth telling", whenever it starts.

May 2, 2008 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  8. Peter Paul vs Clinton

Please IN and NC, can we elect someone other than Bush/Clinton! Please, the world is laughing at us saying, "can't you do better than those two names!"

OBAMA-289 DELEGATES TO GO

May 2, 2008 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  9. Yes to Obama

Obama... I wish you good luck...GOD BE WITH YOU!!!

May 2, 2008 05:27 pm at 5:27 pm |
  10. Jim

I am beginning to Notice something here. Check how often CNN is showing Hillary Clinton's picture/video versus Obama's. CNN is showing more of Hillary than Obama.
    The other day, they have a clip that says Obama but each time you click on it, Hillary's picture pops up. Watch it, we are watcing you.

May 2, 2008 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  11. Sara from Arizona

Go Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 2, 2008 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  12. Dawn

Nice Hillary Clinton feature article... There is another, far superior candidate out there in case you haven't heard... he is future President Barack Obama.

May 2, 2008 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  13. carl

i'm amazed that cnn is so stupid, one day clinton is ahead in indiana the next dead even , i will vote but not for a woman in this election. GO OBAMA.....I bet the blacks boycott Hillary if ya'll give this to her, Blacks knows how to handle hard times. W e don't jump off buildings when times get hard... so let's do this

May 2, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  14. sheella

You go Hillary you are smart,strong, right on the issues.Solution for America is Hillary 08.

May 2, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  15. Older W/Woman for Obama

Why is no one allowed to record Bill Clinton's stump speeches? I'm just wondering what old Slick Willey is up to left on his own like that. I know it isn't good whatever it is.

Think about it Indiana and North Carolina voters...if Hillary gets the nomination they won't be able to control Bill at all.

May 2, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  16. jessie

I would like to vote for hilary clinton because compared to oboma
    she is the better candidate to run this country. obama has only
    one thing in mind change change change. that is all he knows.

May 2, 2008 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  17. Interested Reader

Clinton will take Indiana and UPSET Obama in NC.

Can or Will Obama-bots support Hillary in the General election? I'm not holding my breath..... turncoats.

May 2, 2008 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  18. lynn

Vote Hillary Clinton...vote for experience, strength and
    know how. Best of three candidates.

May 2, 2008 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  19. John, Miss

*yawn*

Lost cause. He won, she lost in every category – so stop crying. On to the general election in the fall.

May 2, 2008 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  20. Janet from NH

Why isn't any one reporting about the illegal and false robocalls being made in NC too stop people from voting? Is it because the group who is responsible has ties to the Clinton campaign? Come on CNN, do some real reporting about Americans being taken advantage of?

May 2, 2008 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  21. Jim, NC

Whether Gas Tax or Not? Wrong or WRIGHT. No matter who wins the Democratic Nomination. Lets make a pledge that anyone who is a Clinton or Obama supporter that we vote Democratic… We cant afford a Republican these next 4 years. And if any Democratic voter does go vote for McCain, think about your children and your children's children that has a chance of going into a War not for ideology but for Oil. I am a rookie voter but think about the future. I Pledge that if Hillary or Obama win the nomination then I will vote for either one. I ask you consider this, and CNN posts this.

May 2, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  22. b

Is the American public this ignorant??? Apparently we are. Sad, I think. Hillary is out to get anyone willing to listen to her I will fix this for you. Really, Tell me how??? We are ready for something else, Hillary, not just same old, same old.

May 2, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  23. Jed in Texas

It takes a special kind of person to look them in the eye and outright lie to them.

May 2, 2008 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  24. yns

Go Hillary Go! We need you to run this country!

May 2, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  25. Sante

".. I am very confident the American people are looking for the kind of truth telling and serious policy making that is going to have an affect on heir lives, ......"

And HILLARY is the one hwo can and will delivere it.

"....and as long as I'm talking about the issues."

OBAMA is just talking, and talking and talking....

Go Lady, Go!!!!