May 2nd, 2008

Obama wonders about Paula Abdul

Obama will appear on Letterman Thursday night.
Obama will appear on Letterman Thursday night.

(CNN) - Barack Obama appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman Thursday night to deliver the Top 10 "Surprising Facts About Barack Obama," including his interest in singer Paula Abdul.

From the home office in Wahoo, Nebraska:

10. My first act as President will be to stop the fighting between Lauren and Heidi on “The Hills.”

9. In the Illinois primary, I accidentally voted for Kucinich.

8. When I tell my kids to clean their room, I finish with, “I’m Barack Obama and I approved this message.”

7. Throughout high school, I was consistently voted “Barackiest.”

6. Earlier today I bowled a 39.

5. I have cancelled all my appearances the day the “Sex and the City” movie opens.

4. It’s the birthplace of Fred Astaire. (Sorry, that’s a surprising fact about Omaha)

3. We are tirelessly working to get the endorsement of Kentucky Derby favorite Colonel John.

2. This has nothing to do with the Top Ten, but what the heck is up with Paula Abdul?

1. I have not slept since October.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Mr. B.

America Is Ready
    Obama 08

May 1, 2008 06:30 pm at 6:30 pm |
  2. Fed up!

Thomas this site is set up for good serious clean comments and not racist comments. To indicate that he will paint the white house black and add a bb court is a racist remark. How dare you make that remark. Apparently you have no home training and I'm sure your family is ashamed of you. This man is going to make a great President and in the end I think you will be happy and hopefully feel guilty. This is all about who can help American people regardless of race.... I am so tired of people judging people because of their race. You owe this site and Obama an apology. Just another Hillary distraction- what a team. I think it's good for him to go on a show and laugh a little. What were your thoughts when she went on SNL and other late night talk shows?

I'm ashamed CNN published Thomas May 1st, 2008 5:49 pm ET
    comment. I have no respect for people that make comments like that. B4 I vote for Hillary, I'll vote for out of touch McCain.
    ===
    OBAMA 08 – YES WE CAN!!!!!!

May 1, 2008 06:30 pm at 6:30 pm |
  3. Jed

A question for the Hillary supporters...many of you say Obama isn't electable in the GE. Are you saying that Hillary lied during the ABC debate? I seem to remember Hillary saying "yes, yes, yes."

May 1, 2008 06:30 pm at 6:30 pm |
  4. Mike

Did Barbara Walters have an affair with Obama? Or was just Sinclair and Young.

May 1, 2008 06:31 pm at 6:31 pm |
  5. THE TRUTH !!!!

Obama Is going on The Late Show trying to Distract Us From Asking Questions About The Rev.Wright Scam , He And His Campaign Have Cooked Up To Fool Us . They Want Voters To Talk About These "Non Issue" Things To Let Their Rev.Wright Scam Stay Under The Radar

A Lot Of People Are Saying The Same Thing !!!

They're Saying Obama and His Campaign , Along With Obama Media Pundits Planned The Wright Speaking tour So Obama Could Publicly Disown Him To get The Wright Thing Behind him . Wright Is A part of The Staged Event . It's All Smoke And Mirrors , Designed To Fool Us .

I Don't Trust Obama At All !!!!!!

Hillary 08 . Or McCain 08″

May 1, 2008 06:31 pm at 6:31 pm |
  6. Shaji Nair

Hello Mr Obama,
    1.I haven't slept since I came to learn that how much a person can influence on confused people, that is YOU “ It is easy to stand up and tell people those who don’t know about basic political matters around the world about the word “Change”

2. I didn’t sleep after realizing who the real RACIST in their heart is. After South Carolina primary, I started believing that African American People are the most opportunistic racist in their mind. Racism is not a view of a majority to minority. It is the narrow minded view of a human being to others.

Finally, I have seen you criticizing Clinton’s decision to support the initial phase of the war. However I watched you supporting the initial phase of a coward, cult, and racist pastor using a divine place such as Church to bring millions of hard working Americans’ feeling down, hey finally he really tried to screw you too by using his idiotic speeches.

As a stupid politician you realized the trouble of your own decision and you are crying now.

May 1, 2008 06:31 pm at 6:31 pm |
  7. Charles

Wait a minute wait a minute. So folks here are actually taking the top ten list from David Letterman seriously? Yes yes, many Obama supporters bashed Hillary when she went on making jokes about her sniper fire incident. THe difference is that he's making fun of himself and not any of the situations that have risen around him. Just clean innocent fun. She made fun of a situation about which she lied and at the same time basically spat in the eye of the many soldiers that have been under fire. Honestly, Everyone needs to get a bit of a grip on reality. He's winning the Democratic primary and if he somehow loses the general election, it's not because he's unelectable, it's because supposed democrats have voted a republican in to office. This will not be on Obama's or his supporter's heads but on those spiteful individuals that can't get over either their personal prejudices or just the fact that the person they backed took a beating after being the supposed heir apparent.

May 1, 2008 06:31 pm at 6:31 pm |
  8. Chill Out-N-AZ

Clintonistas......so now you like polls do you? Not surprising since you're always changing the rules in the middle of the game to suit you.

Its interesting this latest poll considering she still considered the "MOST UNTRUSTWORTHY" candidate in a national survey. How surprised can you really be considering these polls were taken in Ohio, Penn, and Florida.

May 1, 2008 06:31 pm at 6:31 pm |
  9. B

Media should start bringing up the paul vs clinton case. The clintons are thieves. Why are they hounding barack so much right now and this week? Stop this please

May 1, 2008 06:31 pm at 6:31 pm |
  10. hillary

everybody call your sd's and tell to pull the plug on obama. he win not win in nov.

May 1, 2008 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  11. Truth

Mr. President,
    You are young and active. I saw you on playing basketball. You can stay awake and answer all calls. You have the judgement to make all tough decisions. McCain will be confused and Hillary see sniper fires at night...
    By the way: Can McCain run?

May 1, 2008 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  12. IndependantQ

SUSAN MO: I am so sick of your comments on all of these blogs! You never have anything intelligent to say. Why don't you get educated and informed...then come back to post. You are tiresome!

May 1, 2008 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  13. kelly WI

The comments are closed on the Obamma losing ground thread.
    Could it be we are tired of the media shoving him at us.? Seems like they did that with the other losers too. Gore and Kerry to name a couple.

May 1, 2008 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  14. Mrs. Madonia Irvine, KS

I wish the country would cut Michelle some slack. She is a young woman who does not have the same network as other first ladies have had. She doesn't have Cindy's 100 million dollars, and she hasn't been a former president. I think the country is being unfair to her.

There is no way in the world this woman is not patriotic. In this country, you have to be more than patriotic to go through what minorities go through all the time.

Michelle is well educated, a great mother, and a good representative of the State of Illinois. She will be a fine first lady.

I will lift her up in prayer, and will support Barack with my vote.

Hang in there Michelle, we are with you.

May 1, 2008 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  15. Frosty

If I hear Sen. Clinton talk, I'llseriously throw up.

May 1, 2008 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  16. John

I suppose that all US naval vessels have banner printing presses Mission Accomplished, Oh it must have been the Rev Wright who printed the Banner at Obama's insistance, err no it was Bush and his Mery men durrrrrrrrrrr.

Obama is quite simply the best candidate and all the Wright rubbish and GOP rubbish is just that flim flam and will not change the fact that America is in it deep.

I do hope the superdelegates make their choice soon or it will be too late and we will end up with McBush in charge.

I have no doubt that America will get the President it deserves, not the best person for the job.

May 1, 2008 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  17. Stephanie Hussein Worchowski

Mr President! That has a nice ring to it.

May 1, 2008 06:33 pm at 6:33 pm |
  18. a voice that count

I commend Obama for being positive. Being the 1st Lady in the White House does not consitute as experience in issues that matter. Lying and calling it something else gives you a preview of the lack of character and integrity.

May 1, 2008 06:33 pm at 6:33 pm |
  19. Stephanie

Yes, Hillary Clinton–this guy is going down in history as the first minority president. Barack Obama will make us proud.

Obama 08