May 2nd, 2008

Second former DNC chair backs Obama

(CNN) - Another former Democratic National Committee Chairman is backing Barack Obama. One day after former DNC chair Joe Andrew announced his support for Obama’s presidential bid, Massachusetts superdelegate Paul Kirk, who led the party from 1985-89, will officially endorse the Illinois senator Friday.

1. duhhhh

yay!

P.S. CNN... I'm not sure where your facts are coming from, but EVERYONE I know that is voting for Obama will NOT vote for Hillary... it's McCain all the way. So Hillary supporters better be excited for another 4 years with a republican... or stop be RETARDED.

May 2, 2008 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  2. Experience for Texas

What are all the Obama supporters going to say when the Electoral College smashes the Junior Senator Barak Hussein Obama and places another republican in the Whitehouse? At least he is a candidate who has more than 10 minutes of experience. It will be a sad day when we democrats have once again given the Presidency away because of a pipe dream!

Clinton 08!

May 2, 2008 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  3. Elisabeth

Another one supporting a loser. A better strategy would have been to wait for another 4 years and secure a democratic Presidency this time. Clinton can beat McCain and Obama cannot.

May 2, 2008 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  4. MaryQuiteContrary

I'm starting to see a little light. People are beginning to realize Hillary is just a crazy old woman. She is not the right first female president. She'd do women wrong. Obama is the right one, he has proved it, and he'll be the first black/white american president. He just as much white as he is black. But it makes no difference to me. I wish people would say he isn't going to win in the generals. The republicans want Hillary there because they must have more ammunition for her than Obama. They'd like to have her on the firing line in November because they are going to beat her down. Think about it. She's not real at all.

May 2, 2008 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  5. Joe

It never ceases to amaze me. How gullible we are, after the last eight years we still trying to elect someone who doesn't have what it takes to be president of these United States. First of all Mr. Obama is weak. It shows in the debates and that is the real reason he won't debate Hillary anymore. With all the money and votes he's had since day one, he still can't put Hillary away. That should tell you something. It takes a strong person with political savvy. Mr. Obama has not been groomed enough. He talks about change. What change? Insurance, the economy, and gas prices? What about foreign policy? When Hillary is president she will make those changes also and she already knows most of leaders from around the world. You have to be very naive to think she won't make those changes also. Hillary was already working with a politician running for president when Mr. Obama was still in school. Hillary is a strong politician with a mind of her own. She doesn't let the likes of the CNN media crew (loose cannon Jack, the yes (to Jack)lady Gloria, don't rock the boat Jeffery, the answer to politics roland martin and Soleda___)to dictate her campaign.
    Mr. Obama doesn't have a mind of his own. He plagiarizes, he has done this all through his campaign cause he's weak. I think he reads the news and gets his ideas from the media. We will not see an improvement for the next two to four years if Mr. Obama makes it to the White House. The only difference we will see is the name of the party.

May 2, 2008 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  6. RickP

If you call yourself a democrat and are saying you would rather vote for McCain then Obama if Hillary drops out, then you are a disgrace to your party. Step 1 is voting for the democrat you like, step 2 for those who don't get the person they like is still to vote democrat because in general the views are the same. Saying you will only vote for Hillary and not Obama in the general election is an early emotion reaction. You will be hurt that your democrat didn't make it, but saying you'll switch to McCain is just insane and will only hurt the party you claim to be apart of. Let the ideas and views of a party control your vote, not your emotions. Hillary supports need to take a deep breath, understand that there can only be 1 democrat nominee, and follow what Hillary will ask of you when she steps down. Endorse Obama for the democrats.

May 2, 2008 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  7. Christoper

Wow, I honestly can't believe the "Clinton News NetworK' actually reported this!!! It must have been a quick 2 second by the way report!!! Looks like the "tide is turning". Sorry Hillary!!
    Obama 08'

May 2, 2008 10:08 am at 10:08 am |
  8. rb

If Hillary doesn't get the nomination, I bet she will sue!

May 2, 2008 10:08 am at 10:08 am |
  9. Jason, Omaha, NE

I really don't like the idea of Super Delegates. That is one of the reasons I used to be Republican because the people decide who the candidate is, not the higher ups in Washington. That being said, I think (not sure) that Obama is up 12-4 in Superdelegates since Pennsylvania and Hillary lost one who switched to Obama. Hillary won by 10 delegates in Pennsylvania. So, she has gained 2 delegates this week? Even if she wins Indiana it will be close and the delegates will split about 50/50 and Obama will win North Carolina. Hillary will be down in the delegate count for the last 2 weeks after that. I don't know how she can possibly win this thing. Someone explain how it is even possible.

May 2, 2008 10:08 am at 10:08 am |
  10. Kris from AZ

Obama is our hope at real change at home or over seas. Good things will happen if Obama is president. Good people are seeing this. Please ...UNITE BEHIND OBAMA. HE HAS BEEN CONSISTANT ON HIS CAMPAIN FROM DAY ONE. WE NEED TO BRING BALANCE!

May 2, 2008 10:08 am at 10:08 am |
  11. begging for facts

Too bad the state-sponsored media won't cover the real stories, like the campaign fraud case against the Clintons in California. The Clintons are going to lose that case. What role models for our country and our children.

May 2, 2008 10:09 am at 10:09 am |
  12. Matt

The tide is turning. It's on now! YES, WE CAN!

May 2, 2008 10:09 am at 10:09 am |
  13. Indiana will deliver

To all those who say they wil not vote for the democratic nominee if it is not the candidate of their choice.

What is more important, your personal bias (and I have my own too) or what is the best for this country? The best for this country is to have a Democrat in the White House. I am an ardent supporter of Obama, but I will vote for HRC if she is the nominee even though I detest a lot of what she brings with her. McSame-as-Bush is the last thing this country needs. He is worse that HRC.

We need to move this country forward in new and significantly different ways because the realities of the world and our place in it is very different that what conventional US politics is all about. Obama has the vision and leadership skills to do this.

HRC has her own strengths, which is actually more suited to being a successfull Senator. She is a fighter, scrappy and ruthless. Those are great qualities for being able to get things done. Those are not the kind of skills that a great leader needs to be able to inspire, motivate people to be the best they can, engage the hearts and minds of a wildly diverse population and move us into the 21st century.

May 2, 2008 10:09 am at 10:09 am |
  14. Stephen Davids

Hillary supporters GREAT NEWS!

Google: Paul vs Clinton.

May 2, 2008 10:09 am at 10:09 am |
  15. proof hillary's a goof

i've got the video if anyone wants to view it. send me an email to keisha367@aol.com and i'll send it to you. cnn is punking out and wont allow me to post it, so...i'm doing the next best thing.

i probably need to back off before the cia is at my front door. but who gives a care. send me an email i'll get a link of the video to u

May 2, 2008 10:09 am at 10:09 am |
  16. Sue, PA

Several people here have written re Paul vs Clinton that Peter Paul is "American businessman, convicted drug dealer and securities felon, controversial political donor….". I don't know about you but it makes me wonder, what business on earth could the Clintons have had with this kind of person? How or why in the world would they have been in the same room let alone in any kind of business dealing with this kind of character. Why, knowing his background (can't have been hard to find out if all we have to do is go to wikipedia), did they choose to stay in that relationship? Makes you wonder folks, makes you wonder.

May 2, 2008 10:09 am at 10:09 am |
  17. California Lady

To Kim in PA

You are right about Peter Paul but I ask you, why were the Clinton's so closely involved with him when he is such a crooked guy? Have you even bothered to watch any of the video about this.

I am so glad that people are finally talking about this at least in this blog but we have to get it further before it is too late.

Just log onto The Hillary Project and you can read all about it.

THE CLINTON'S ARE CORRUPT
    THE CLINTON'S ARE CORRUPT
    THE CLINTON'S ARE CORRUPT
    THE CLINTON'S ARE CORRUPT

May 2, 2008 10:09 am at 10:09 am |
  18. Donald from SC

What about Peter Paul and CLinton?!

May 2, 2008 10:10 am at 10:10 am |
  19. Truth

***************************************************************************
    CNN IS not saying anything about Peter Paul like ALL OTHER NETWORKS Because Peter Paul is a professional liar who has four separate criminal convictions, two for fraud. His video repackages a series of seven-year-old false claims about Senator Clinton that have already been rejected by the California state courts, the Justice Department, the Federal Election Commission, and the Senate Ethics Committee.

Maybe CNN should talk about Larry Sinclair!

**************************************************************************

May 2, 2008 10:10 am at 10:10 am |
  20. Faith, Mobile, AL

WHAT'S UP CNN...DO YOU NOT READ THIS BLOG.

OBAMANATIONS LET'S ALSO FLOOD DAVID GREGORY'S RACE FOR THE WHITE HOUSE LINES (212-790-2299) ASKING THAT THEY REPORT ON THIS WITH AS MUCH INTENSITY AS THEY DID THE REV. WRIGHT ISSUE.

I CAN'T STAND OLD MAN BIGOT PAT BUCHANON AND THE MIDDLE AGED BIGOT JOE SCHOBROUGH.

OBAMA 08!

May 2, 2008 10:10 am at 10:10 am |
  21. Pat Mac

It confuses me to see the big swing each day in the Obama, Clinton poll. A week ago, Obama was up by 7, now Hillary is up by 2...Just how bad are us democrats in making up our minds on who we want as our candidate in the upcoming presidential election.

I made up my mind months ago that I am for Obama...NOTHING WILL CHANGE MY MIND...I like everything about Obama, especially his platform. In particular, he will save me 6 thousand a year in taxes...I am a 65 plus senior that pays 6 thousand in federal tax each year. If Obama is elected, I will enjoy this 6M to spend and enjoy. ...and I will definitely spend it, helping our economy. At least 30 million other americans like me will do the same and 18 billion additional dollars will be spent each year in the USA helping our economy. Of course, I like all the segments of Baracks platform. I truly feel he will turn our country around and get us going in the right direction.

Unto thyself be true...Hillary, a former republican is nothing more than a blowbag that tells everyone what they want to hear and will definitely do nothing if she was ever elected. Can't you read this in her phony smile and her monotone deliverance?!

I can't believe that so many are using the CLOWN Reverend Wright as a barometer to measure the true substance that Barack represents.
    Reverend Wright is nothing more than one in millions of people who were and are a part of Baracks life. Nothing more. He has no control, or ever had any control or influence on Baracks thinking. Barack is his own man and truly cares for America and americans.

I strongly recommend the democrats in Indiana vote for Obama in their upcoming primary election. Barack will definitely win N. Carolina. With a win in Indiana, Hillary will definitely drop out and we can get on with substantiating our strength in the November election with Barack as the person who will strongly represent us.. Why prolong the agony...Barack is definitely going to win based on all the determining elements.

May 2, 2008 10:10 am at 10:10 am |
  22. 28 year old White MAN in FLORIDA

For all you hillary supporters who are saying we need to research peter paul for who he is... i did.... and the simple fact is the Clintons along with Ed randell were involved with him

peter paul... yes he is a convicted felon... just like the clintons... are know for scandles and LIES...

SO i believe everything the case is about.... i read the full transcript of the Case..... that is exactly why ED Randell endorsed hillary....they are all involved

Cnn is not being fair and they need to report this Story

OBAMA 08

May 2, 2008 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  23. Milwaukee for Obama

Kamyar Khavajian, please google the scandal of Paul vs Clinton and you will understand why the superdelegates are doing what they are doing. They know the repubs are not talking about that scandal because they will use it in the fall to finish Hillary and as you know they have exhausted all there is to pin Obama down with. I was also wondering why they would go to Obama instead of Clinton even after the Pennsylvania big win for Hillary but now I understand and I am like WOW, that scandal is huge!!!

May 2, 2008 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  24. observer

The SD's know that Clinton will not win the GE. She is actually more inelectable than Obama. I just read the peter paul clinton case and now understand why she must win the election. If she loses, she is in very deep trouble when she testifies in november. She is not fighting for America, but for the white house immunity

May 2, 2008 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  25. Bill

Wow, Headlines say Barack is losing support as he gains superdelegates. He currently (with this nod) has 1733, needing 292 more delegates. he should pick up around 107 + next tuesday, leaving roughly 185 to get. The rumor mill around the nations capitol beltway has 80 + superdelegates awaiting tuesday to support barack Obama, leaving him needing around 105 or less. If you are a Hillary supporter, now is the time to donate your vacation money into her campaign. Don't worry about food prices or gas, if your candidate wins, you'll get a FREE HALF TANK of gas, only at the expense of around 7,500 jobs, not to worry tho, the Hillary dems are thinking more like the Reagan republicans. Who cares about the nation. I have what I have. I hope the fat lady is warming up her voice.......

: )