May 3rd, 2008

Life's a picnic for the Obamas

ALT TEXT

INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana (CNN) Stepping on to the tarmac in Indianapolis, Indiana, for a day of campaigning together, Barack Obama, wife Michelle, and daughters Sasha and Malia, will host a series of events together Saturday– including a picnic gathering in Noblesville and an ice cream social at a roller skating rink in Lafayette.

They'll also make a stop at a house built by Sen. Obama's great great great grandfather in Kempton.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Dani

How nice, another set of scheduled fake I'm just like you events.

May 3, 2008 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  2. Venus

What a nice family!

Go Obama!

May 3, 2008 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  3. Elizabeth

He has a beautiful family!

May 3, 2008 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  4. steve

God bless the first Great American family – Obamas

May 3, 2008 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |
  5. J. Sully, Newburgh, NY

Can't wait to see this wonderful American family in the White House. This is what America is all about. Opportunity, change. Let's finally live up to our ideals. GO OBAMA!!!

May 3, 2008 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  6. SZ

Awwww.

May 3, 2008 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  7. Eddie

Obama is just like us I'm glad he is taking time to spend with his family this what he needs.....................GO OBAMA

May 3, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  8. McShame

i love them, great people, unlike the mClintons.

May 3, 2008 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  9. J. Sully, Newburgh, NY

I for one can't wait to see this nice American family in the White House. That's what America is all about, opportunity, hope. Let's live up to our American Ideals. Obama is more like me than Hillary Clinton and I"m white. HRC is a woman of privilege. He's not a man of privilege. Simple as that!!! He's all American and will make a great President. GO OBAMA!!!!!

May 3, 2008 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  10. frank, las vegas

God bless America!

May 3, 2008 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  11. USAF Sr. Airman

Clinton supporters will attack this somehow.

CNN, where is your story on Paul vs Clinton?

Funny how I can't find anything on it when I do a CNN search for it. I can only find outside links. Funny.

May 3, 2008 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  12. LT for Obama

What a great day for the kids to be able to participate and have some fun. The children deserve to have a this time to hang out with their parents and do some fun stuff.

May 3, 2008 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  13. Jan from Boca Raton

Cute family, But not for the White House.

May 3, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  14. Nora, FLORIDA

Someone with a set of family values, integrity, and dignity. The goons will be all over this when they wake up from the dark. I am so proud of Obama for setting a set of standards for the political campaign because I am so sick of politics as usual. Saying anything to win. I can't believe that some of Hillary supporters call Obama the attacker when Hillary attacks him and he responds. This says alot about how malicious our country can be. Did Rev. Wright really have it all wrong??

May 3, 2008 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  15. Dylan John

I was THIS family in the White House.

Gas Tax Holiday? I prefer a Hillary Clinton holiday.

May 3, 2008 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  16. lance

May 3, 2008 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  17. Joe Reg

Senator Obama represents a new beginning for America.

Obama is a new dawn for America.

GO OBAMA GO!!!

May 3, 2008 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  18. rjudy

Im sure the y have nice kids but I cant shake the feeling that these two are phony. Michelle more so. You know the media is always polling Pres Clinton's negative numbers, I wonder what Michelle's are, pretty high I'll bet.

May 3, 2008 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  19. Ken

They are just like us... unless you are an elitist, then you can vote for the 110 million-dollar woman.

May 3, 2008 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  20. Edith Arkansas

I am so happy for the Obama's they are very nice people painted as bad. See beyond the pundits The media won't go against the Clintons as what they have done to the Obama family. They have gone against the very thing Barack Obama is attempting to bing back to this great country. He wants to get it together baby!! The media and others are destroying what would be a great thing. Why not a least let him have a chance this is a very brilliant, prudent, vibrant young fullof energy kind of person. Lets not get in the way of what would be a great President, I present to you BARACK OBAMA 08.

May 3, 2008 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |