May 3rd, 2008

Obama ahead in Guam with 3 precincts to go

(CNN) — With 86 percent of precincts reporting, Barack Obama leads the vote count from the Guam Democratic presidential caucuses with 1,720 votes (53.3 percent). Hillary Clinton has 1,509 votes (46.7 percent).

Roughly 1,400 ballots from Guam’s largest village, Dededo, have not yet been counted. An estimated 500 votes remain to be counted in two remaining villages: Agat and Yona.

The presidential candidates are battling for Guam's four pledged delegate votes. A total of eight delegates will be elected, each with half a vote at the Democratic National Convention in Denver this summer.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama • Guam • Hillary Clinton
  1. Jacob

This is great except Guam has NO ELECTORAL VOTES and residents there CANNOT vote in the general election unless they are residents of one of the 50 states. This is as important as a pack of gum.

GORE 2008

May 3, 2008 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  2. Sheanne

Obama had a bigger losing percentage in PA than Clinton in Guam.

PA votes in general election; Guam doesn't.

May 3, 2008 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  3. Steven

I thought Obama was supposed to win by a landslide. He's only ahead by 200ish votes?????

May 3, 2008 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  4. george cox

Omabama for president of USA

May 3, 2008 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  5. Steven

May 3, 2008 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  6. American on the outside looking in!!

Onward to victory Obama!!! He is the real fighter here!!

Barrack and Michelle….. vs ……Hilliary, Bill, Chelsea, Rev Wright, 25% of Racist America, All of Fox News Corp, Joe Scarbourough, and half of CNN.

Yeah that's a fair fight. Who's the real fighter.

May 3, 2008 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  7. D R

Hey Bebble get your facts right. When Hillary was ahead, if you can remember that far back, she voted for those two states to be penalized if they moved their primaries. When they turned in their new schedules she still didn't object to the penalties. Obama (playing by the rules) didn't campaign in either state. He didn't even have his name on the ballet in Mich. Then, and only when Hillary went on the slide after super Tuesday, did she become the super savior to Fl, and Mich, voters. And your right Guam doesn't count in the generals, BUT.. do the math.. I know CNN will not count her out, because they are both owned by the same corporate monster that has it's hands in your pocket. Remember that we impeached the Clinton's once! Or did you forget that Bebble!

May 3, 2008 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  8. Eddie

How stupid are Hillary supporters,I live in fl or Michigan ,I did not get to vote because of my local republican government,but I am a democrat so I will take it out on Obama(somebody who had no control over this situation).Why not just tell the truth,I am a racist,bigot,who does not want to see a black president,Coward.This is to Dumb Darrell.

May 3, 2008 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  9. Darrell

wow this will be a big win for him lol

May 3, 2008 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  10. OlvrWhit

5jayne..Obama is not so far ahead. This race is statistically tied. Shame on you for not seeing the facts.

May 3, 2008 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  11. Randle Bate

IT'S ALLOVER BUT THE SHOUTING; OBAMA IS THE WINNER, HILLARY IS THE LOSER!!

May 3, 2008 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  12. Patrice

I believe CNN is campaigning for Clinton. I keep seeing the negative stuff that has been plaguing the Obama campaign on this website. It seems the media has made it's choice because you are not dwelling on Clinton's dirty closet. Clinton may be CNN's choice but let's see who God's choice is.

May 3, 2008 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  13. jbate

IT'S ALL OVER BUT THE SHOUTING; OBAMA IS THE WINNER, HILLARY IS THE LOSER!

May 3, 2008 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  14. norm

CNN and the rest of the Billary Hillbillies will try to steal this for Hillary but don't worry America for the youth shall set you freeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama 08

May 3, 2008 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  15. mindy

hey bebble i guess colorado louisiana georgia and illinios are small states to.

May 3, 2008 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  16. MBFLA

I am a Florida Democrat and I am bright enough not to blame Obama for not having my primary vote count. And I'm sure not so stupid that I would ever vote for McCain because of it. Talk about bankrupting my country through endless war because of sour grapes? Not likely! Obama will get my vote in November, Darrell!

May 3, 2008 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  17. Ron

Never trust a woman who talks with her hands and constantly nods her head yes in aggreement with herself

May 3, 2008 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  18. Ed. FL

Obama all the way
    Go Obama!!!!!!!!!

May 3, 2008 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  19. Bobby

On 3/15 Barrack said,
    "HAD I HEARD THOSE STATEMENTS IN THE CHURCH, I would have told Reverend Wright that I profoundly disagree with them."

In TWENTY years he never heard his FRIEND and MENTOR say anything anti-American. God bless Barrack for being soooooo truthful.

May 3, 2008 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  20. belly

FL should not be given any voice in any national election until they vote out and quit voting for politicians that make these stupid decisions. Every national election has F– Ups from FL.

May 3, 2008 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |