May 6th, 2008

Awaiting one county

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton leads in Indiana by four points, 52-48. But heavily-Democratic Lake County has yet to report in. It’s home to one of the state’s largest cities, Gary – and a major bloc of African-American voters.

Lake County officials have said they are waiting to count all 11,370 absentee ballots before reporting results – but that’s just about all they’re saying.

“We have called a couple of times unsuccessfully,” Pam Potesta, Democratic co-director of the Election Division in the Indiana Secretary of State’s Office, told CNN Tuesday evening. “There was no answer. We haven’t heard anything. I don’t want to assume they are having problems, but they are a large county. One thing they have against them, if you want to call it that, is they had an extra hour because of the time change.”

Potesta added that “it is not uncommon” for larger counties to take a little longer in reporting their results.

1. d

Hillary will not ask for a recount if she loses the state of Indiana. The candidate who asks for a recount must foot the bill...she has no money to make that happen.

May 7, 2008 12:36 am at 12:36 am |
  2. Hillary

Spin, Spin, Spin – Hillary is sounding more and more like Bush and the hardcore Hillary supporters comments scare me to death.

HILLBILLIES FOR HILLARY! YEA HA!

I guess since Bush tried to grant amnesty to them darn mexicans, the Bush hillbillies crossed over to Hillary. They wouldn't do for the war, or the economy, or the trashing of the constitution or the outsourcing of their 'Get er done' jobs, but thank god for good old fashioned racism!

Get a clue hillbillies!

May 7, 2008 12:36 am at 12:36 am |
  3. Sean, CA

I'm very surprised that Obama has done so well in Indiana despite the fact that the demographics overwhelmingly favor Clinton. I think this shows that the voters are finally voting on the issues. I want to adress all the Clinton voters that say they would NOT vote for Senator Obama if he were the Democrat nominee. Hillary has said time and time again she will do whatever it takes to get Obama elected if he were the nominee, are you really going to undermind the same candidate your so in love with? Are you really willing to sacrifice the well being of our country just to prove a point, and get back against Barack Obama. How immature are you? How can you put your kids future in the hands of the second George W. Bush? Please consider what is at stake here people, our futures, and the future of this great country.

May 7, 2008 12:36 am at 12:36 am |
  4. Shelly in Georgia

This is by far the most interesting night we've seen in a while. John King just beat me to the news that I was going to share. 56% now in Lake County, Obama with

May 7, 2008 12:37 am at 12:37 am |
  5. Gold Canyon Gal, AZ

Posted by: Cristian Riley Location: South Bend on May 6, 2008 at 07:39 PM
    Let the nuns vote!! This is ridiculos that longstanding citizens of the state cannot vote!!!

what's up with this from one of the South Bend news blogs? Anybody know?

May 7, 2008 12:37 am at 12:37 am |
  6. kathleen,retired Professional w/woman for obama

Think twice before voting for a Clinton, or better yet, Google Clinton's
    and Google Clinton's Outsourcing. These people make 'Deals" on
    selling our jobs while campaigning for their own personal gain.
    Ask Penn?

May 7, 2008 12:38 am at 12:38 am |
  7. Bushwhacked in Eugene, OR

To all of you who say Obama can't win in the general, I have only one thing to say. He sure as hell can't win if the Hillary supporters who call themselves democrats vote for McCain out of some silly protest! Let go of your own ego and do what's best for the party and the country. Vote democrat in November, regardless of who the candidate is.

May 7, 2008 12:39 am at 12:39 am |
  8. Cathy

25% of the Republican voters showed up in NC and IN just to vote AGAINST McCain.

All I can say is: LOL!

OBAMA 08 (and you know it!)

May 7, 2008 12:39 am at 12:39 am |
  9. Lawrence

Why are the numbers going up and down? Around 10:50PM CST CNN reported Obama had 568,156 votes in Indiana. At 11:120PM CST CNN reported Obama had a little over 564,000 votes in Indiana. Now at 11:37PM CST CNN is reporting Obama has 589,888. Help me understand... Oh and Hillary shot up from 588,823 to 606,497?!!

May 7, 2008 12:40 am at 12:40 am |
  10. CB

Hillary has not had anything original. She always take other people ideals and add to it to try and convince herself that it is hers. She took McCain gas tax ideal and tried to claim it was her solutions. This is so sad.

Now it's time for Rocky and Goldie locks to step aside.

May 7, 2008 12:41 am at 12:41 am |
  11. Sue

I am a Hillary supporter and if she isn't the nominee, I will either write her name in or vote for McCain. The Obama voters have been the rudest I have ever seen and on Sodahead, if you were not for Obama, you were called a racist. This race has split the party apart and set race relations back 45 years. I hope Obama and his wife think it was worth the run, because they will not win the general. They lost at least half of Clinton's supporters.

May 7, 2008 12:42 am at 12:42 am |
  12. Terrence (Winston Salem, NC)

If Obama wins, I'm gonna laugh my behind off... Especially after Hillary has given a victory speech.

May 7, 2008 12:44 am at 12:44 am |
  13. hana

Did I hear CNN's John King and Wolf Blitzer claiming voter fraud in Gary?

May 7, 2008 12:45 am at 12:45 am |
  14. E

by saying that you, a democratic voter, will not vote for obama if he wins... isn't that just handing the republicans the presidency? and isnt that what we are trying to get rid of?
    just a thought....
    dont be a sore loser...

May 7, 2008 12:45 am at 12:45 am |
  15. truth now

Scott, evidently education skipped you because you can't even spell lying. It's over!

May 7, 2008 12:48 am at 12:48 am |
  16. Kev

Let the healing begin.

Clinton no longer has the popular vote argument (even with Florida and Michigan). She has canceled all her appearances tomorrow. Looks like it could be over.

I think/hope that Obama will offer the VP to her (doubt she would take it) or one of her supporters (Evan Byah?).

I saw McCain talk about the right-wind nutjobs he would put on the judiciary today. Shivers...

May 7, 2008 12:48 am at 12:48 am |