May 6th, 2008

Awaiting one county

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton leads in Indiana by four points, 52-48. But heavily-Democratic Lake County has yet to report in. It’s home to one of the state’s largest cities, Gary – and a major bloc of African-American voters.

Lake County officials have said they are waiting to count all 11,370 absentee ballots before reporting results – but that’s just about all they’re saying.

“We have called a couple of times unsuccessfully,” Pam Potesta, Democratic co-director of the Election Division in the Indiana Secretary of State’s Office, told CNN Tuesday evening. “There was no answer. We haven’t heard anything. I don’t want to assume they are having problems, but they are a large county. One thing they have against them, if you want to call it that, is they had an extra hour because of the time change.”

Potesta added that “it is not uncommon” for larger counties to take a little longer in reporting their results.

1. When will this end?

I am enjoying the most annoying Clinton supporter, Lenny, babbling on and on during this evening's panel. The guy wants to chew his microphone he's so mad!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAA!

He's a fine example of the old guard watching his old ways slip away. Must hurt, eh Len?

May 6, 2008 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |
  2. Matt

This reeks of sabotage by Obama supporters.

May 6, 2008 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |
  3. mitchell from arkansaw

bill's not done rigging the votes,yet.

May 6, 2008 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  4. Paula

The state of Indiana should extremely ashamed of what they are trying to do with the vote. They are so afraid that Omaba will win, they are willing to do anything. They have learned well from Hillary Clinton book of dirty tricks and negative actions. Also, she said she found her voice. Well, it seemed tonight that she found Obama's voice in repeating almost his entire speech from tonight.

May 6, 2008 11:19 pm at 11:19 pm |
  5. Melissa Biele

So I am a California Republican for Obama. I actually changed my registration to vote for Barack in the Primary here because of my distaste for Hilary Clinton. Here is the problem, if Hillary gets the nomination this election is going to get UGLY. She has so many skeletons in her closet and a proven record of lieing the the American People. We have lived with 8 years of untruths...... I take my share of responsibility for that since I voted for him twice. Our country is divided and we need some thing new to unite us.... Barack is that something new. One thing I do need to say the healthcare stuff needs to go away, it will never happen in the US. One of the few areas in the economy that is going strong is the Pharma/Research area.... We can't afford to make changes that could affect that.

May 6, 2008 11:20 pm at 11:20 pm |
  6. JLW FLORIDA

Niether one of them has enough to make the nomintion and I think everyone is trying to push her out. I am a resident now LIVING IN FLORIDA THE USA for 4 years. I want my vote counted. And from living in NC for 21 years I know why BO won...I feel like he gives nice speeches but he has no supstance.

For HILLARY
    JLW<--biased for HILLARY 08

May 6, 2008 11:21 pm at 11:21 pm |
  7. David M.

There are 3 candidates in the Indiana primary, Hillary, Barak, & Rush.
    Operation Chaos will be the "difference" in the final vote. As a result, the Democratic contenders will continue the in-fighting for another round. Hooray!! Rush is needed until McCain grows some balls and shows some fight. The Rush factor will be seen in the number of voters switching back their registration to the Republicanparty in Texas, & Pennsylvania, etc... (I can't wait for the Pennsylvania count as Ed Rendell will wet himself!

Obama & Alerod, because of their foolish pride, will never admit publically that Operation Chaos was a factor, which is just fine for the Republicans. The Democratic blood bath will come at its convention. The walking wounded won't vote Democratic in November.

May 6, 2008 11:21 pm at 11:21 pm |
  8. Teresa in Florida

Florida has 26 state and private universities, which most college bound adults were told that they vote would not count because of the rules of DNC were not honored by Florida primary. This aurgement about Florida would not be happened if most Floridains followed the rules of the DNC.

The DNC had a chance to change the rules of Florida Primary did not make any changes at that time, so the rules should remain as it stands. If otherwise, Florida would have voted accordingly.

May 6, 2008 11:21 pm at 11:21 pm |
  9. BUT WAIT....

OK...AAAHHH....CAN SOMEONE TELL ME THE LAST TIME SOMEONE HAD TO RESCEND A "VICTORY SPEECH"? MIGHT HAPPEN...JUST SAYING....

May 6, 2008 11:21 pm at 11:21 pm |
  10. Eugene

An Obama/Sebelius ticket would put forth a woman who has recognized stature and integrity.

May 6, 2008 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  11. Kat

One of the talking heads on CNN "read " Chelsea Clinton's body language and actually believes she was trying to cover her dissapointment of the so called inevitable. HUH!!! I think he needs to go back to body language 101. Chelsea looked proud of her mother. She seemed touched by her mother's pride when Hillary mentioned what a great job she had done. To read more in it than that is absurd!

Hillary is strong-she is a leader-she DOES care about the future and the average Joe or Jill.
    Many young girls are glad to finally have someone they can truly look up to as a role model.

Hillary is the hope for the future.

May 6, 2008 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  12. kristen

I very much resent the comments just made on air about how Indiana runs their primary. No one seemed to care much that our polls closed at 6 p.m., or that it took a while to tabulate our results and report them, or that we require a government photo I.D. Now that Indiana actually makes a DIFFERENCE in choosing a candidate, we're doing something WRONG?! The I.D.'s make it harder for illegals and others who might try to "cheat the vote" from filling out multiple ballots or voting as a non-citizen. The polls are open plenty long, and Clinton's on-air supporters need to give up the ghost. Let's quit focusing on the primaries and look ahead to who we want in the White House for the next four years...

May 6, 2008 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  13. Chicago Mike

Hillary will win the nomination.

This county borders Illinois, which should tell the story why they are not stating the totals.

They are making them up to benefit Obama.

I wonder if Reverend Wright will be let out of his cell tomorrow? Nothing like setting up a drama in order to denounce someone to get votes. I hope all you Obama idiots enjoyed the drama. Do you really think he would denounce that hater? This is what you are all in for...liars.

If you see Ted Kennedy around let him know I need a ride over a bridge.

May 6, 2008 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  14. KINGSLEY

This smells too fishy. hope they not trying to pull a BUSH vs AL GORE move. thats Onama territory. hope the judge is still awake

May 6, 2008 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  15. Barb in Tn

Yes, I will admit it I am p'd off. If all these racist black people would vote the issues instead of by color this country might have a chance in the next 4 years to get straightened out. Instead we will have an inexperience man who is in the pocket of the unions, the oil companies and the drug companies and he will get NOTHING done for me. He promises tax breaks as relief for the economy, this won't help me a bit. I already get back all the taxes I pay in every year. I make about 25,000 a year. Tax breaks aren't going to help me get insurance or put food on my table. Bunch of bull! For the first time in my life I am ashamed to be an American. I am ashamed of all the ignorant people in this country who vote by emotion or color instead of in the country's best interests. You reap what you sow, unfortunately you have drug a lot of hard working Americans with you. Wait and see if I'm not right. All you idiots wanting change. Right, it won't happen.I will be writing in my vote in November.
    The black people think they have everyone over a barrel, threatening to riot if Obama doesn't win. Why don't they all just go back to Afica if they don't like it here. After all we tax payers are supporting 50% of them!

May 6, 2008 11:23 pm at 11:23 pm |
  16. Eric Thornley

LOL, I don't see it, but it would be hilarious if Obama ties or wins Indiana because of this.

May 6, 2008 11:23 pm at 11:23 pm |
  17. ME

What's happening now in Indiana is to suspicious to me!

As far as the FL & MI is concerned Obama supporters better brace themselves in the fall. There's going to be a spat on the convention floor no matter if she drops out or not. those delegates are not going to comform to what the DNC expects out of them.

What happen in Florida is a totally different circumstance than Michigan. I don't think they are going to be to happy about the situation. If they don't agree to the nominee well that nominee may not get the nomination until they agree.

LeanO;.....get a life!

May 6, 2008 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  18. terri

Obama will win the presidency. Not only does he have the democratic vote, but the independent vote and LOTS of the ex-republican votes. He will overwhelmingly win (unless he picks hillary as his running mate – HA)!

May 6, 2008 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  19. James

Count all the votes in Clark Co. Also count all the states!

May 6, 2008 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  20. Keisha Gwinn

This is my "opinion" and my "opinion" only. Let's say that Hillary was in the lead w/out the uncounted votes in Florida and Michigan. Would she be worried about some dog-on uncounted American votes, THEN!? Heck no! She wouldn't be worried about those folks one bit because she would think that she had this nomination in the bag. Why does a loss bring out the "El Desperado" in Losers!?

May 6, 2008 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  21. ike

What's taking them so long, Gary is very close to Chicago. I wonder how badly they must be cooking the books for Obama.

May 6, 2008 11:25 pm at 11:25 pm |
  22. white woman for Obama

Go Obama! Go OBama! Go ! I love it when smart people vote! Thank you NC for being smarter, braver and a good democrat! IN obviously, even if Hillary wins, she will not be gaining that much, many of you voted smart and we thank you. I am glad that there are voters/democrats out thee that know how important it is to pick the right person for the job. Negativity and tearing people down, even getting some republican votes just to keep the democrats in the race for their advantage, is still not going to work. Americans(at least the smart ones) want positive campaigning and someone who wants to make a change in Washington, and that is what I want. We love America and we must help make change happen.

May 6, 2008 11:25 pm at 11:25 pm |
  23. Charles

Conspiracy theories can come from all over. At the end of the day, this is a day for Obama. Take a look at the other large county in Indiana. He won that county in a big way. In fact, look every large county that has voted in this election. He took almost every one of them. So why would you question whether or not he wins another big county? Especially one that has a populace so closely tied to Chicago. I don't think he's going to win Indiana, but I know she's not going to gain anything from whatever victory she does claim. Oh, and where are all the people that were talking on how he lost ground in NC? 16 point victory ain't a whole lot of ground lost.

May 6, 2008 11:25 pm at 11:25 pm |
  24. sharon

To the nasty Obama supporters, wait and see as we strong women who want a strong leader rally around McCain if Hiliary were to loss. You will see Hiliary women for McCain

May 6, 2008 11:25 pm at 11:25 pm |
  25. CNN why are you not posting my comments???

hmmm .. seems the most accurate pollster .. is the Zogby Tracking .. their polling results were same as the results today ... they showed Obama winning by over 10 points in N.C and Clinton winning by 4 points in Indiana .. from now on i'll rely on this pollster ... the rest are unreliable especially ... SurveyUSA ... they had Clinton up by over 12 points in IN today ....... but that didn't occur

May 6, 2008 11:26 pm at 11:26 pm |