May 6th, 2008

Clinton: GOP win in November 'more of the same'

CNN

Watch a clip of Sen. Clinton's speech Tuesday night in Indiana.

INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana (CNN) - Hillary Clinton claimed victory Tuesday in the Indiana Democratic presidential primary, but pledged to work for the eventual Democratic nominee "no matter what happens."

CNN has not projected a winner in Indiana because the race between Clinton and rival Barack Obama, who won Tuesday's North Carolina primary, remains tight.

"We know how desperately people want to see a change, and it will not be a change if the Republicans keep the White House," the New York senator said. "It will be more of the same - something that no one, no matter what political party you may be, can afford."

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Sarah

Wow, no winner called yet in Indiana. Now is 51% to 49%. So much for Clinton's landslide. OBAMA 08'

May 6, 2008 11:57 pm at 11:57 pm |
  2. lewis

THANKS TO rush limbaugh Republicans are too studip to think for themselves and did what rush told them to go and do. If he told you to take drugs like he does will you do that too?

rush is a hoe and hillary is a hoe too, and if you voted for hillary and you are a republican, then you are a hoe too.

May 6, 2008 11:57 pm at 11:57 pm |
  3. Bitter Tommy Hussein in St. Louis

How are we supposed to believe that Hillary represents Democratic Party change when she keeps co-opting McCain's positions?

May 6, 2008 11:58 pm at 11:58 pm |
  4. Tony

I'm a life long republican that supports Barack; if she is anywhere near the ticket I will vote McCain...

For those like jessica... don't drink the koolaid; we have once chance... because of your candidates scorched earth policy, to make things right. I don't agree with most of what Obama believes but I believe in him...

May 6, 2008 11:59 pm at 11:59 pm |
  5. A,

I can't stand this shrill, useless hag.

May 6, 2008 11:59 pm at 11:59 pm |
  6. After further review,Texas

She meant to say if she wins it will be four years of the same.

May 7, 2008 12:00 am at 12:00 am |
  7. Michael

Hillary Supporters, the second worst people in the world.

With Hillary being the absolute worst.

May 7, 2008 12:01 am at 12:01 am |
  8. justobserve

"Hillary can save us" but she is losing! She said she will go ahead with the next states but it's impossible now for her to win. Bill's face said it all. But as tenacious as she is, she will go on trying to deny Obama to reach 2025 just to comfort herself that she was denied a fair game!

May 7, 2008 12:02 am at 12:02 am |
  9. linda-Texas

NC Exit Polls by age and race:

White 17-29 = 56% Obama, 42% Clinton
    White 30-44 = 43% Obama, 50% Clinton
    White 45-59 = 34% Obama, 61% Clinton
    White 60 & Older = 29% Obama, 69% Clinton

Black 17-29 = 93% Obama, 3% Clinton
    Black 30-44 = 88% Obama, 7% Clinton
    Black 45-59 = 94% Obama, 5% Clinton
    Black 60 & older = 89% Obama, 6% Clinton

Black voters account for 30% of the North Carolina vote.

May 7, 2008 12:02 am at 12:02 am |
  10. Doober

Obama was not in the senate to vote on the Iraq war. The democratic party decided upon the rules for their primaries. Both the states of Michigan and Florida and their delegations were aware of the consequences. What is the problem? Why blame Obama? Why not blame the morons who wanted to make more money for each state?

May 7, 2008 12:02 am at 12:02 am |
  11. alice2

I agree with some of the above comments that Hillary uses Obama's lines, I too wish she would stop. Obama is going to be the Nominee & Indiana still is not in, but it is getting closer right now Obama has 49% Hillary 51% so Obama had a terrific night. American people did not buy into Hillary's crap . Guess we are all getting REAL SICK OF HER. I hope the DNC talks to the Superdels & they get together & end this. I don't see how anyone can vote for Hillary, Negative campaigning, Chronic Liar, Barack is ahead of her in all ways She should GET OUT. .

May 7, 2008 12:02 am at 12:02 am |
  12. Ty

Where is Mike's comments now?

May 7, 2008 12:04 am at 12:04 am |
  13. john

I am a black man. Be really ,Obama will never win general election by
    winning 90% of black vote . Black americans are only 12% of the
    general population. If obama gets the democratic party nomination,
    lucky Mccain, he will be the next president. Obama only win in the
    Red states like Utah that will vote for Mccain in the general election.
    Obama did not win any large blue state that a democrate need to win
    the president except his own state. It will be a landslide for Mccain
    with that record for obama. Of course, I am a democrate too.
    Thanks,
    John

May 7, 2008 12:04 am at 12:04 am |
  14. Destruction

Is this post closed or is CNN being Clintonesque once more?

May 7, 2008 12:04 am at 12:04 am |
  15. JC

I read lots of angry postings tonight from Hillary supporters after the vote counts came in. Why would they be so angry after Hillary gave a winning speech in Indiana? Have they decided not to be cheated by Hillary one last time?

May 7, 2008 12:07 am at 12:07 am |
  16. Bitter Tommy Hussein in St. Louis

nannie bouroughs, Kenosha, WI – you are incredibly naive if you don't think that goes both ways. I've seen Clinton supporters say nastier things about Obama on these political ticker blogs, things that border on, if not outright crossing the line into, libel. There is usually no evidence to support them, no basis in fact. But it is a fact that Hillary has run a nasty and negative campaign.

And besides, isn't it Clinton's supporters, by and large, who are throwing the big tantrum because their candidate is losing, and threatening to vote for McCain in November? Trying to break the party because your candidate doesn't win is about as divisive as you can get.

May 7, 2008 12:07 am at 12:07 am |
  17. Judy Hankins

So Senator Clinton declared herself the winner in Indiana, and all of the totals are not in. I guess it was clever on her part to do so since she got the early opportunity to ask for more donations. If her supporters send money right away she keeps the cash to continue even if the final numbers could be 51/49 in Obama's favor.

May 7, 2008 12:08 am at 12:08 am |
  18. Destruction

Ok I get it..nothing negative about Hillary. I can't believe this, if you actually state her strategy, point out who is being harmed by it and it's financial and political costs, CNN will not post it!!
    CNN you suck!

May 7, 2008 12:09 am at 12:09 am |
  19. Thore

I wonder how much Obama spent to get his 200,000 early ballots cast in NC. With all the free and favorable publicity Obama receives from the cable networks and the fact that Obama outspent Hillary 5 to 1 in April, it is amazing that Hillary is competing in Obama's backyard. Why can't Obama close the deal? Answer: nearly 10% of the US population in Florida and Michigan have not been counted. Nothing matters until the DNC decides to count all the votes. Keep fighting Hillary!

May 7, 2008 12:10 am at 12:10 am |
  20. Diamond

The CNN Pundits should investigate int to Votes coming out of the North West Region of Indiana; that soundsvery fishy to me!

COME ON CNN KEEP THEM HONEST!!

May 7, 2008 12:10 am at 12:10 am |
  21. Debby

Well Obama did very well tonight congrats to him. It looks like he will be the nominee and I do think Hillary should drop out now and I support Clinton. I think even if Michigan and Florida comes into play I think Obama deserves the win.

May 7, 2008 12:11 am at 12:11 am |
  22. douadavid, PA

Congratulation to American Queen Hillary Clinton by winning Indiana. Now, it's the time to expose Nobama ' s dirty politic and knock him out of the race for good. American know his fake change and will never vote for him again. Nobama can talk and talk but he never walked and walked to show his true color. Obama is good only to be the president of that racist church. 2008 is for Hillary.

May 7, 2008 12:11 am at 12:11 am |
  23. HillarySkank on myspace

Her comment "pledged to work for the eventual Democratic nominee "no matter what happens."" is something that I would have to see to believe. I still think she has some nastiness up her sleeve but should she eventually bow out and work tirelessly to help Obama win, I may be forced to reevaluate. Until that happens, I will believe it is only another in a long string of "misstatements" by her and her dope smoking (but not enhaling) husband who questioned what the defination of is was.

May 7, 2008 12:11 am at 12:11 am |
  24. Diane in Texas

Just so that Obama knows, I will put together some of the brightest and biggest Hillary supporters and pay for it myself to get out the vote for John McCain in which it will not take a lot. I have a group already in place. I was a Hillary supporter but since the DNC have lost all the real Democrats, I think that it is time to reel them back into the Republican house and make Obama a glitch in the history books. Hope you had fun while it lasted, Democraps.

May 7, 2008 12:12 am at 12:12 am |
  25. Joseph

Hillary has more baggage than a 747.

Why does CNN screen real comments and post racially charged BS?

May 7, 2008 12:13 am at 12:13 am |