May 6th, 2008

Florida governor's plane makes emergency landing

Florida Gov. Charlie Crist made an emergency landing Tuesday.

Florida Gov. Charlie Crist made an emergency landing Tuesday.

(CNN) - A plane carrying Florida Gov. Charlie Crist to Washington made an emergency landing Tuesday after experiencing a series of malfunctions, the governor's spokesman told CNN.

The plane's autopilot, yaw damp and pitch trim all malfunctioned in the first 45 minutes of Crist's flight from Tallahassee, Florida, Erin Isaac, Crist's director of communication. The yaw damp is part of the autopilot system that helps stabilizes the tail, and the pitch trim the craft's up and down movement.

With the plane over neighboring Georgia, the pilot decided to return to Tallahassee, she said.

Isaac said the plane could have continued on its journey with the malfunctioning yaw damp and autopilot, but the pitch trim problem and possibility of other issues surfacing created enough concern for the pilot to bring the plane around.

Crist will try again Wednesday to make the trip to Washington, where he is to participate in a round-table discussion on the Colombia Free Trade Agreement, she said.

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. hillaryfan4mccain!!!

Glad you made it okay. You may be getting my vote if McCain picks you for VP. Obama definitely is not getting my vote.

May 6, 2008 08:52 pm at 8:52 pm |
  2. Ludovic

thanks got everything goes OK

May 6, 2008 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  3. mike

Actually he instructed the pilots to cut in front of the other planes because he didn't want to land later than the others. Now his plane doesn't count!

May 6, 2008 08:57 pm at 8:57 pm |
  4. Alice in Fort Myers, FL

Issue #1 for me at this point is the fact that Barack Obama will do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to steal this election INCLUDING disenfranchizing millions of voters because he is, after all, even according to his formerly beloved uncle, a POLITICIAN.

First, he threw millions of Florida and Michigan voters under the bus, next came his "typical White grandma," after that, his formerly beloved mentor.

I care less about 100 years in Iraq, an overthrow of Roe vs. Wade, and four more years of McBush than I care about the fact that Barack Obama kept my voice from being heard because he was scared he might lose the Democratic nomination if it was.

You see, I have no children who will have to fight, I can no longer get pregnant, and I am set financially for life, due to the fact that I've earned it. I have no children who will have to pay for disastrous financial decisions that are made by either party. I have health insurance, and I don't CARE how much gas costs – I can afford it even if it goes to $10 a gallon. I've already donated some of the maximum amount I am allowed to by law to Hillary, and I will continue to donate to Hillary and ONLY Hillary until I reach the maximum amount or CNN and the DNC force her out, at which point, I will no longer care and vote for McCain just out of spite.

I DO CARE VERY MUCH about my country AND my right to vote.

Barack stole my right to vote. At this point, that is the ONLY issue I care about. How DARE he disenfranchise me????????

Let's see him steal my vote from McCain. It won't happen.

May 6, 2008 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  5. carrie

but hasnt anyone heard about the ALLEGATIONS of hillary having an affair with a campaign staffer who is female?
    CNN wouldnt report it,saw it on sky news
    so much baggage
    read it up guys

May 6, 2008 09:03 pm at 9:03 pm |
  6. carrie

alice,next time you want to write such long rubbish,please make sure its truth
    obama did not make any rules,the dnc did.
    hillary and barrack and john agreed to those rules
    she only cared abt them because she started to lose
    how many times do we have to say this to you?
    if john had a chance with fl and mi,maybe he wouldnt have dropped out of the race
    u prob dont have a college education.did u get ur 20 year old niece to write this trash for you?
    so gets ur facts straight
    why do u clintonites lie so mmuch?

May 6, 2008 09:23 pm at 9:23 pm |
  7. carrie

and all u people who keep sayinng rather than vote for obama,you would vote for maccain or sit home
    then my fellow americans,do just that
    we dont care
    we can and we will,with/without you

May 6, 2008 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  8. j

I am not sure how to spell it because I have a public education but Mr Crist looks very much like an oompa loompa. If you dont know what that is just watch Willy Wonka .. Im telling you its something to look into.

May 6, 2008 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  9. will stay home

Loyal democrat. Contributor to John Kerry, Bob Casey, Martin O'Malley...and Hillary Clinton. Two words...Donnie McClurkin (and throwing Gays under the bus in SC) will cost Barack Obama 10% of the national vote and John McCain will be the next President.

May 6, 2008 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm |
  10. D'Anne

Alice in Fort Myers, FL...

Will you please explain to me exactly how Obama stole your vote???

Unless he came dressed in Black (no pun intended) and sat in on your state offices and meetings as a representative, then you are blaming the wrong person. I doubt that he has the power to stop an election or he would have ended the primaries by now.

Oh, by the way you have to use facts in your explanations, not opinions of bloggers or partial people that you are just repeating.

Moderater, PLease, Please, PLease Post this. I really want to know the answer.

May 6, 2008 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |
  11. Puddytat

who cares ?

May 6, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  12. D'Anne

Alice in Fort Myers, FL...

With all the money you have and all the things you cease to care about....

Will you please explain to me exactly how Obama stole your vote???

Moderater, PLease, Please, PLease Post this. I really want to know the answer.

May 6, 2008 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  13. Sharon Minnesota

Alice in Ft. Meyer. Don't give up on Hillary. Anything is possible in this primary election. I'm a Minnesotan but have been a retired snow bird traveler to Florida several times in the last few years and feel your pain as a good friend to Florida voters.

McCain is not going to be president. Hillary Rodham Clinton will win this nomination before it's all over and she will shortly be living once more in the White House.

She's a champ all the way.

By the way, Jr. Sen. Obama congrats on North Carolina and good luck back in Chicago.

May 6, 2008 10:42 pm at 10:42 pm |
  14. D'Anne

Sharon Minnesota,

Although I may not have voted for who you voted for, I totallyrespect that you support Sen. Clinton, while maintaining respect for Obama. I wish that more of us could be like you. People lets support our candidates, and respectfully agree with those whom we oppose.

May 6, 2008 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  15. John

Across the blogsphere today,all we had dished to most,was the cheap rhetoric of insults,name calling and derogatory simplistic lingua. Well tomorrow is the beginning of a day filled with a lot more to do.I hope DNC. does not fly off the tangent to revert to the past status quo.I hope not.

May 6, 2008 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |