May 7th, 2008

Blitzer: What would you like me to ask Barack Obama?

Blitzer will sit down with Obama for the senator's first post-Tuesday interview.

(CNN) - I will be sitting down face-to-face Thursday in Washington with Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama. It will be his first interview since his impressive primary victory over Hillary Clinton in North Carolina and his narrow defeat in Indiana.

It’s not every day that I have a chance to question him, so I will be carefully preparing the subjects I want to raise with him. I don't want to waste this opportunity.

That means I'll be asking him questions on the most important domestic and national security issues facing the American people.

My hope is that people who watch the interview will have a better understanding of this potential president - and where he stands on the key issues of the day. In other words, I hope people who see the interview will be able to say afterwards that they learned something they didn’t know about Senator Barack Obama.

So here’s where you come in. If you have any thoughts on possible questions, I would love to hear them. Let me know what's on your mind.

Thanks in advance. The interview, by the way, will air Thursday in The Situation Room. Our program airs from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern time.

Send your video question to iReport.com

Filed under: Wolf Blitzer
soundoff (2,305 Responses)
  1. AMIA

As President, how will Obama crack down on this never-ending epidemic of police abuse and misuse of power, particularly against African American males? Also, will he hold judges accountable for their rulings which clearly reflects a miscarriage of justice (i.e., Sean Bell case)? It's my sincere hope that you, Mr. Wolf, will these questions to Mr. Obama.

May 7, 2008 09:14 pm at 9:14 pm |
  2. Mike Fairfax Va.

I have it on good authority that the Clinton campaign will file an application to the court regarding Fla. and Mich. They will argue that both elections fall under state/federal constitutional law. In other words, you cannot separate out the Dem. primary election from the state election process. The question will be who has the greater right – the DNC or the constitution? Politics aside I think the Clinton group has a strong argument. The results in Michigan and Florida must be counted otherwise Clinton supporters will cry foul.

May 7, 2008 09:14 pm at 9:14 pm |
  3. A&K

Mr. Wolf please ask Senator Obama the followings:

1. What makes you difference from other democratic presidents before you?
    2.What are your plans for the enviroment?
    3.Are you going to continue the bush/ Republican policies .
    4.Whoud you keep us informed before you take action.
    5.Would you consider Senator Hillary as your running mate.
    6.What are your plan on gas price and consumption.

Abi & Kazeem, Alpharetta GA Chattahoochee High Sch.

May 7, 2008 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  4. Kenny Jones

In 2006 we elected a Democrat controlled Congress with promises of "Change". Since then they haven't done a thing with Social Security or Inmirgration. Promised to cut out pork,spending and earmarks. Cut fuel prices and be independent from foreign oil along with countless other promises of change. Yet we're worse off now under a Democrat controlled Congress. How does your call for change in Washington deal with that?

May 7, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  5. Mark

I have two questions, when he says he can bring change and hope, how? I hear him say it all the time but not HOW he is going to do it. We all know the senate and house are already paid for somehow is he going to get rid of lobbyists all together? that is the only way to make real change in washington. So a real answer to how?
    Or what does he think about having 90% of the black vote and how does he justify telling the superdelegates to vote for the pop. vote they helped get instead of voting who they think is best qualified when it is more than evident that the 90% black vote is based on him being black and not what he stands for, which is the right way to vote for a president, race or qualifications?

May 8, 2008 03:53 am at 3:53 am |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93