May 7th, 2008

Clinton makes case at DNC

Clinton speaks with reporters after exiting the Democratic National Committee headquarters.

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton met with Democratic Party officials and undecided members of Congress Tuesday afternoon to make her case for the party's nomination and press for a resolution to seating the delegations of Florida and Michigan.

The meeting, which lasted approximately two hours, took place at the Democratic National Committee headquarters.

Clinton spoke briefly to cameras while departing the building, saying she had met with "members of Congress and others who have a role to play in this process."

She refused to say if she won any commitments from any undecided superdelegates.

It was not immediately clear with which members of Congress Clinton met.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. ms j

Listen, all you Dems(white,black,yellow,&brown), when are we as a party going to STOP using our political opportunity to bash and hurt not only ourselves,but the Dem party. We are sending messages of HATE and all of us say or have said we love our country, home of the free and the brave, let's show some sign. The Republicans know that a house divided against itself WILL NOT STAND, and we are giving them exactly what they want. We say we are honest, and yet we deceitfully vote with wrong intentions, led by individuals (media,&talk show host) who's feet are swift to mischief, we seek to steal, kill, & destroy someone's character, when we ourselves are imperfect, not realizing we all will have to give an account to God for what we've said and done. This is not a sermon, but an admonishion, be not ignorant of satan's devices!

May 7, 2008 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  2. California Voter

I will not be voting for Obama if he gets the democratic nomination - he has proven once again that the only way he can win is to play dirty politics again, this time by not supporting the voters of Michigan and Florida. His wins of the caucus states and southern states does not make him the strongest candidate in the fall election.

For 20 years Obama has worshiped at a black liberation church that is separatist at best and racist at worst and claims not to have heard Rev. Wright's inflammatory comments. He's too smart to play that dumb. So I would question his character and his core moral values. We already voted for a president that lead us to believe he was a uniter, and look where we are now. I'd like to believe that Americans are not so easily fooled, but I'm beginning to wonder. Obama's going to change Washington politics . . not going to happen.

GO HILLARY

May 7, 2008 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  3. REBEL

I am a registered democrat. But for what Hillary is doing I would look the other way if she is given the nomination. If she wins it (which is impossibel) then I would vote for her.

May 7, 2008 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  4. Hillary2008

From this point on, if Hillary does not win the nomination, I will be a Republican. Not just because she lost, but because the Democrats have unveiled the kind of people they have in their party. A bunch of self-serving,backstabbing, disingenous hypocrites. I am switching parties because these elected democratic officials make me sooo sick to my stomach. John Mccain gets my vote this November. No matter what the pundits think that the democrats will unite, I think they are wrong again this time. John McCain is not George Bush so I think we are safe with him than with Obama.

May 7, 2008 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  5. Frank

Hillary must think she is Cleopatra now, because she is in De Nile !!

May 7, 2008 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  6. jms

I hope all you people voting for Obama will be happy with McCain as your president. Hillary is the only one who has a chance at the office.
    You will see that her supporters will not vote for Obama. I have been a strong Democrat all my life and now I am ashamed to be called a Democrat because of the way this election has been handled. The party is in its death throws.

May 7, 2008 08:52 pm at 8:52 pm |
  7. Obama the snake oil salesman

I can't vote for Obama, not even to preserve the judicial branch of government. He scares me – even more than McCain, if you can believe that, because at least I have an idea of what McCain would and wouldn't do as president. So here is one quiet Democrat, hoping against hope that Hillary hangs in there and that the folks deceived by the flim-flam Obama man come to their senses in time. Otherwise, for the first time in my voting-age life, I may not vote at all.

May 7, 2008 08:52 pm at 8:52 pm |
  8. NH Mom - Writing In

This is the first time ever that I will not support the Democratic Ticket. I am not voting for McCain or Obama. I too will be writing in my candidate's name (Hillary Clinton) on my ballot in the November general election. I have never done a write-in candidiate before...but now is the time!! I am sending my message to the DNC (who messed-up Florida and Michigan and who created the ridiculous proportional delegate system) and to those who discounted and tried to discredit the most qualified candidiate (the first woman who could have been president). Shame on the Democratic Party.

May 7, 2008 08:52 pm at 8:52 pm |
  9. Dan, MA

I think Florida and Michigan have to realize they screwed up. Neither Clinton nor Obama are to blame for these states' mistakes. People from these states have to realize their own state politicians are the ones who messed up. If they want a re-vote, they best take it up with those who are actually responsible.

May 7, 2008 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  10. kathleen,retired Professional w/woman for obama

How can anyone feel sorry for Hillary? I could never feel sorry for
    and opportunist who will now be able to keep her lying promises.

And TWO hours in The DNC. Talking them into votes! Nancy
    Polisi, you should have run out the back door. Who wants to
    listen to her cry, beg, threaten, and remind them how much
    they "owe" to her and sleezy Bill Clinton!

May 7, 2008 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  11. Rosanne

Who is the elitist??
    Look at what she said after protester held up sign about Iran comments.
    She is staying in using her own money!!
    Her staying in the race is making a lot of Democrats bitter!!!!!

May 7, 2008 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  12. Levi Vincent

SHAME ON THE DNC!

May 7, 2008 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  13. a middle aged white woman in SF

Sharon in Minnesota needs a reality check. It was not Barack who threw "the kitchen sink" at Hillary Clinton. This woman is in it for one reason only – to redeem herself for being so humiliated by her husband Bill Clinton who enjoyed himself to the hilt at the taxpayers' expense. She feels she is entitled to move back into the White House head held high. That is NO reason to nominate her as President of this country. Voting for McCain because you are "disappointed" or "mad" is insane. If you want 4 more years of Bush, then go for it. That move would dictate that you are not a real democrat. Just a make believe one – like HRC.

May 7, 2008 08:54 pm at 8:54 pm |
  14. Ross

Okay team Obama. Let's not antagonize the Clinton team. We need to be united to beat McCain. Hillary will do the right thing and bow out soon.

May 7, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  15. Lourdes

Our soldiers have died and continue to die in the name of democracy. This primary process - particularly the dirty politics being played by the likes of Rush Limbaugh and the Clinton machine - is a disgrace to their sacrifices.

May 7, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  16. Phillip Bunn

Hillary, you are disgusting. You agreed that Florida and Michigan should not be counted, but now that you need them the democratic party should let them in. You obviously have no sense of fair play, or maybe you're just trying to get you 6 million back. I never thought I would say this, but I would rather have 8 more years of George Bush than have to deal with the likes of you. Take Bill, baby clinton, and yourself, and just go home!!!!!

May 7, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  17. steveda - poconos

Oh and by the way ... I am sure the Florida and Michigan delegations will be seated, but not the way Hillary wants it. They will probably pledge half their delegation to each candidate. After all, Obama was not even on the ballot, and hillary only got 55% of the vote. In Florida, in October, no one even knew who Obama was, and he never campaigned there. In addition in both states EVERYONE knew the vote wouldn't count. Can you honestly say how many people did not vote because they knew it wasn't going to count? Let's be real, Hillary is pressing for unfair and illegal (by DNC party rules) elections to be sanctioned by the national party. This is not a third world country. There is no way the people of this country will tolerate that.

May 7, 2008 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  18. Joyce in Florida

Terrence in Winston Salem, NC, Senator Obama is and has been BLOCKING votes in Florida and Michigan. YOU are the ignorant one!!! As far as I am concerned, Senator Obama is the bad guy. You are so delusional or something that you can't see it. Maybe you are so captivated by his empty rhetoric speeches. Hillary Clinton has every right to fight for our votes. We in Florida did nothing wrong. It was our republican legislature that moved the date up; not the voters. We spoke our mind and Hillary Clinton won our state fair and square. So keep your ignorant comments to yourself. As far as Michigan, they were all set for a revote and Senator Obama blocked that also even though he stated he would go along with whatever the DNC said. Well the DNC said it was "a go". But guess what? Obama blocked it. So the SAD story goes on. What a pathetic man he is. GO HILLARY 08!!!

May 7, 2008 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  19. Lawl

I just love the seemingly infinite number of hillary supporters who have somehow gotten it into their foggy minds that hillary is more popular than Obama, despited repeated polls showing that in a general election, Obama has the higher chance of winning.
    It'd be nice if they'd at least stop using the exact same tactics as her for once and instead of calling informed voters "sheep" and complaining that black people like barack too much when he wins, they would actually support the candidate who hasn't alienated more than 50% of the country.

May 7, 2008 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  20. T.T.L.

Be not deceived.......

Hillary-----Republican

Obama----–Democrat

McCain------Independent

McCain has no chance in the fall. Look at Louisiana. The race is now!!!! Hillary is running as Republican and Obama as the Democrat. Rush Limbaugh is supporting the candidate he wants to win. DON'T BE FOOLED!

May 7, 2008 08:57 pm at 8:57 pm |
  21. LatinoinAZ

We are not backing down just because Obama says, "He's closer to the nomination." Screw that! Push on Hillary!!! We will support you to the very end.

Go Clinton!!!!!!

May 7, 2008 08:57 pm at 8:57 pm |
  22. Jenny Altis

Have already given to Hillary, She must stay in the primary the people want her to be president, I will not vote in the main election if she does not get to stay in. What is the matter with this median, they are not being fair with her just
    Cause she is a woman. We need the change; I know I'm not the only one that feels this way. She needs to stay in till the last dog goes home. If she doesn’t get that chance to stay in, if I vote at all I will vote for McCain. She is a Great Politicians and we need her for president. It is not fair the way you mediam or the other news tv is treated her.

May 7, 2008 08:58 pm at 8:58 pm |
  23. DREW

lmao hahaha SHES STILL TRYING

May 7, 2008 08:58 pm at 8:58 pm |
  24. For the love of your country

Hillary it is time you put america first – and the clinton ambition a distant second.

Stop trying to divide the party, and step aside.

New Yorkers will not forget the divisiveness you brought to the democrats come re-election for senate.

If you love your country like you proclaimed, then do the right thing and step aside.

May 7, 2008 08:59 pm at 8:59 pm |
  25. Ken

This is stupid! I thought the people running our country had some brains! But, after last night she should call it quits. But, the DNC should tell her "THAT'S IT!" And, for all of those voters in Florida, stop crying, this is your states fault! If you have a problem it's with them, not with Obama.

Stop, throwing tantrums until you get your way. Just, like a child that throughs a trantrum in public, you don't ignore them. You whoop that Butt!

How can she be ready on day one when he can't understand simple, MATH! Get a life. Oh, yeah! Now we hear that she loaned her campaign 6.4 million dollars! Why, loan your campaign 6.4 million, if you had 10 million come in before.

And, sounds like someone is an "ELITES," to loan yourself 6.4 million, oh how has the table turned!

May 7, 2008 08:59 pm at 8:59 pm |