May 7th, 2008

Ex-Clintonite makes press-release goof

A former Clinton staffer is now pushing a unity ticket.
A former Clinton staffer is now pushing a unity ticket.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Old habits die hard, a long-time Hillary Clinton supporter proved this week when he sent out a press release from his new organization with press@hillaryclinton.com as the contact address.

Sam Arora, a Clinton aide for three years, made the goof Tuesday in a press release for VoteBoth, which is pressing for a ticket that would bring the two Democratic rivals together.

The release said "press@voteboth.com," but linked to the Clinton campaign's generic media e-mail address.

Arora said it was a simple mistake caused by his using an old Microsoft document to make the new one.

"I didn't realize that, when you do this in Microsoft Word, you have to look at what the html says," he said. "This was just me being technically unadvanced."

Collusion between VoteBoth and the Clinton campaign would be illegal, since VoteBoth filed with the Federal Election Commission as independent of any candidate or its committees.

Founded a month ago to promote a ticket with Clinton on top and Sen. Barack Obama as vice-president, VoteBoth was retooled last week to say either candidate could lead the ticket.

Its founder, Adam Parkhomenko, is a die-hard Clintonite who was 17 years old when he launched an online drive in 2003 to draft her to run for president in 2004. He went on to become the right-hand man of Patti Solis Doyle, the Clinton campaign director who was ousted in March after a string of Clinton defeats. Parkhomenko left the campaign soon after Doyle did.

The launch of VoteBoth - originally called Clinton/Obama '08 - prompted muttering in the blogosphere about ongoing links between Parkhomenko and the Clinton campaign.

Parkhomenko said at the time that the effort was his idea - but Tuesday's press release may get the bloggers buzzing again.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. shaun

idiot....

go obama

May 7, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  2. Independent

Yeah, right, they sound REALLY independent of any candidate.

I don't see any collusion here, do you? Just keep moving people, don't look behind the sheet, nothing to see here...

May 7, 2008 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  3. Mia and Mike

Utt-Oh, that's a pretty bad goof! Sounds like an underground Clinton machine to me, and the fact that they filed under the FEC will spell big trouble if this is in fact the case.

May 7, 2008 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  4. Marshall in Nebraska

Mis-speak? Duck snipers!

May 7, 2008 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  5. Jewish Women for Obama

This is news?
    I'm losing as much respect for the Clinton News Network as I am for the candidate herself... This is getting ridiculous!

May 7, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  6. Zoey

Okay, people are losing their jobs, homes, and gas is insanely high. And you bring with nonsense to your viewers? How is this news or even slightly relevant to our lives??? Come on CNN, your losing me.

May 7, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  7. Marc in DeKalb, IL

OOPS!

Not that it was difficult to DRAW THE LINK, since Obama does NOT need Clinton, but Clinton NEEDS Obama to get into the White House.

... this bears further, federal investigation, IMO.

May 7, 2008 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  8. Boston for OBAMA

I don't think this was a mistake at all. HMMMMMMMMM

May 7, 2008 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  9. mary cleveland, ohio

The reason people aren't voting for Hillary Clinton is because we don't like her, or approve of her negative traits like lying, greed, a husband who would have lived with her in the White House, a husband who is quilty of perjury and was disbarred; a husband who had affairs for years and who is a co-defendant with her in a current fraud case brought against both of them. I cannot imagine her being vice-president. She has too many bad habits to be in the White House in any position. I wouldn't hire her to work as a housekeeper in the White House.

May 7, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  10. Caryn, Washington DC

Typical Clinton...cheating and lying to get what she wants.

May 7, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  11. D.Kimbro OHIO

As you can see they all are crooks.

May 7, 2008 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  12. TEXAN FOR THE NAKED TRUTH.

VOTING FOR ONE AS PRESIDENT AND THE OTHER AS VP WILL NEVER WORK. I was a Hillary supporter and for something of this nature took place color me not black but color me gone from the Democratic party. Call me a racist or whatever you like. I know in my heart I am not one. I am a veteran of 28 years from the U.S. Army and a whole lot of my buddies were African Americans and I would vote for any of them before voting for this lieing OBAMA. He is just as bad as all the other politicians put together. It's just that his backers do not want to admit the truth. Hillary lied, Obama Lied and McCain has lied but not as much as the other two. GEN POWELL COME OUT OF THE CLOSET AND RUN AS AN INDEPENDANT. I will vote for you in a Heartbeat. But don't try to push the trash that is up there now on me. I WILL NOT VOTE COME NOVEMBER.

May 7, 2008 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  13. Gillis

Catherine Sebelius of Kansas is a better choice than Hillary for VP. Being a woman, Hillary supporters will welcome her and so will Obama supporters.

May 7, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  14. proud army and navy mom

so it's the clinton campaign trying to get Sen obama to pick her as a running mate. watch her sen obama, old girl is slick

May 7, 2008 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  15. Evie

Never heard of 'em. And now that I have, NOT INTERESTED.

May 7, 2008 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  16. ted

Why is it that evertime a story is posted that negatively effects one candidate, that candidates supporters always gripe that it isn't newsworthy? Let's have some perspective people, it is all content to fill web space and attract advertisers. CNN isn't some servant of the public trust, it is a for-profit business. Anyway you slice it, this news makes Hillary look silly and desperate.

May 7, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  17. James

So what? We all make mistakes.

May 7, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  18. Diing

Minor mistake. Give them a break!

May 7, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  19. Margi

And they want us to believe that this was a mistake, try again.

May 7, 2008 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  20. Obama IS the Nominee

Hmmmm...collusion?

May 7, 2008 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  21. Mika- NC

Unfortunately, I think a joint ticket would seal the deal with Obama- Clinton. It's unfortunate b/c Clinton is not trustworthy and is very selfish for still competing in a race that she can not win.
    African Americans make up 25% of the Democratic Party Nationally and they need Black votes to beat McCain, they can't do it w/o our votes. To just take this nomination out of Obama's hands and simply give it to her would be the ultimate destruction to their party and they know this....

May 7, 2008 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  22. Eileen from Portland, Maine

shaun May 7th, 2008 4:25 pm ET

idiot….

go obama

Independent May 7th, 2008 4:30 pm ET

Yeah, right, they sound REALLY independent of any candidate.

Mia and Mike May 7th, 2008 4:34 pm ET

Marshall in Nebraska May 7th, 2008 4:34 pm ET

Mis-speak? Duck snipers!

Jewish Women for Obama May 7th, 2008 4:35 pm ET

This is news?
    I'm losing as much respect for the Clinton News Network as I am for the candidate herself… This is getting ridiculous!

Zoey May 7th, 2008 4:35 pm ET

............................................................
    Good point Zoey, but this is the 'Political Ticker"

May 7, 2008 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  23. No McSame

To vote McSame because Hillary didn't win is helping to prove Rev. Wright right when it comes to race and White people in this country. If you would rather shoot yourself in the foot rather than vote for Obama and turn around and vote for McSame is NUTS. America will show it's true colors to the rest of the world for sure this year. This country is all about race. If Obama had 20yrs in Washington he still would not be good enough for some of you. Work hard to better yourself and you people still shoot us down. What a hate filled home we live in.

May 7, 2008 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  24. douadavid, PA

I never saw a racist vote in my life until this election. Obama ' s change is to divide the democrat party more than you can think : black against white , young against old , woman against man , student against educator , labor worker against professionnal, drug dealer against crook , christian against moslem , party member against party member , and democrat against democrat. This is very good news for John Mcain , America hero. 2008 is for Hillary or Mcain.

May 7, 2008 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  25. Brittony

Seriously?!?!?!?!?!? How do you know what an HTML is and not understand how it works in Word? Whatever, here is the truth, Democrats like you Hillary, they just like Obama more, please just get out now before you do irreparable damage.

May 7, 2008 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |