May 9th, 2008

Kennedy says no to joint ticket

Ted Kennedy endorsed Barack Obama last January.
Ted Kennedy endorsed Barack Obama last January.

(CNN) – Add Obama supporter Sen. Ted Kennedy to the list of joint-ticket naysayers.

In an interview airing this weekend, the Massachusetts senator told Bloomberg’s Al Hunt that despite widespread talk of a ticket featuring both Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, "I don't think it's possible."

He added that “…I would hope that he would also give consideration to somebody that has - is in tune with his appeal for the nobler aspirations of the American people. And I think if we had real leadership - as we do with Barack Obama - in the number-two spot as well, it'd be enormously helpful.”

Kennedy also said that he had not spoken with former President Bill Clinton since endorsing Barack Obama.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama • Ted Kennedy
  1. James

Hillary has ruined her chances with her Kitchen Strategy campaign.

May 9, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  2. Uncle Sam

Is that the floodgates of McCain Democrats I hear opening?

Americans United for McCain '08

May 9, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  3. Venus

Ouuch!

How many times can a person get thrown under the bus!

I guess Hillary will soon get that 3:00 AM phone call from the last superdelegate telling her they are switching to Obama!

May 9, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  4. georgia

HC has proven to be unworthy of VP consideration from anyone !She's not trustworthy ,a proven deliberate liar & has too much "Bill baggage" (specifically his womanizing) that probably will resurface . Her behavior in the last 6 mos suggest high probability of sabotage of any & every agenda. She is not a tem player or a person of high character.Ireally feel that staying in such an abusive (Bill's countless highly profiled to the world extra-marital affairs) has not been good for her.

May 9, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  5. John Nyanor

Come rain or shine Hillary will secure the nomination. I'm black and yes I support Hillary because I know she has what it takes to turn the economy around (experience, husband). Obama with all his charisma for some reason I' can't trust. I promise you that democrats will loose this election if they nominate Obama, and there will be such cry in America that the democratic party will break.
    I however remain confident that Hillary will win despite all the noise and being outspent and maltreated by the media.

May 9, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  6. get real

Hillary at the top of the ticket, or my vote is going for McCain. Barack as VP is optional at this point.

Hillary 08 or McCain.

May 9, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  7. bigben

What a loser. didn't obama lose his home state?

May 9, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  8. Andy

Obama – Kennedy ticket?

May 9, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  9. Tony

Hello McCain it looks like you will be the choice of the people for President. How can the Democrates win after all they are not for the people. Wake up America how what is the controled democrate Senate doing for the average worker. I believe that the Republicans will do a better job.

May 9, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  10. Farrell, Houston, Tx

Is there anybody out there who has been viciously attacked that would want to be in harms way of that same attacker. I don't thinks so. God Bless Hillary but she did herself in.

May 9, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  11. Danielle

Good call senator..

May 9, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  12. Queen Hillary

We don't want no stinkin' old white woman as VP. We are tired of the same old Washington players.

Old Man McCain has been playing the game longer than anyone alive.
    No Hillary for VP. Make her CZAR of poor, uneducated, working......uh, hard working white folk.

The rest of us are just too lazy.

No way to HRC!!!

Just say no!

May 9, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  13. Doug

Jim Webb changes pollitical parties more than West Virginia woodsmen change their underwear. Most Republicans consider him to be worthless.

May 9, 2008 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  14. g

Hey, you all have not posted any of my comments. What's up? You are all Obama supporters also. I'm tired of CNN. Fox News here I come. This place is pathetic.

May 9, 2008 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  15. Victor, NJ

I am reading all this blogs and all I see is how people state they would vote for Mccain because how rude Obama supporters are. Some people voting rights should be revoked. Please people STOP THE STUPIDITY, vote 4 the candidates on issues you agree with. Obama and Hillary agree on just about every issue.

May 9, 2008 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  16. weird...

...how the Obamaniacs are opposed to the bush and clinton dynasties but are so proud to have members of the kennedy dynasty behind their candidate...

May 9, 2008 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  17. kushal

Here are the states Obama will win in GE

NY,CT,CA,OR,HI,WA,IL,DE,MD,DC,VT,RI.

Oooops teddy I cant see MA in the list up there.
    Time for you to retire you misogynist.

May 9, 2008 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  18. AJ

It's a no-brainer. Obama-Clinton ticket will win the WH for the democrats.

May 9, 2008 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  19. AZM

Obama/Mary Jo 08

May 9, 2008 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  20. soothsayer

Ted Kennedy is right NO NO NO ! If the ticket needs a woman there are others that can fill the bill. Janet Napolitano for instance. She would attract feminists and Catholic voters. I also like Wesley Clark., or Joe Biden.

May 9, 2008 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  21. Darth Vadik, CA

I think we should throw Hillary out of the party.

May 9, 2008 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  22. Michael Humen

Teds hoping for the VP spot.....Obama becomes Pres....then to celebrate ....Ted will take him a drive over a bridge

May 9, 2008 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  23. Linda Esen

Listen to him..he is very very old and wise

May 9, 2008 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  24. Marilyn

Having Hillary as VP would NOT make me vote for Obama. I've never voted for a Republican in my life, but if Obama is the nominee my vote goes to McCain.

May 9, 2008 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  25. M.S. Indiana

Problem with Hillary is, you get Bill to too, so who will you act have to talk to...

other thing is, she is to tied with a lot of corporation's and special interest groups, so no good gain there...

I think he should choose Maria Shriver for VP.. A young white woman...

May 9, 2008 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |