May 9th, 2008

O'Donnell: Clinton will exit race by June 15

CNN

Watch Lawrence O'Donnell's interview.

(CNN)— Lawrence O’Donnell, Emmy-Award winning producer of The West Wing and a contributor to the Huffington post, said Friday that a senior Clinton campaign official told him the New York Senator will be leaving the race by June 15 with a clear exit strategy.

O’Donnel said the senior campaign official told him they will continue on through the “final votes on June 3,” during which Clinton and Obama are expected to split the states.

After that point, O’Donnell said, the Clinton campaign “will take no more than a week to make their case to superdelegates and as you know, the superdelegates have absolutely no chance of moving over to Hillary Clinton in a week.”

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. jess

To the guy worried about Roe vs Wade being overturned:

I bet your pretty glad your mom wasn't pro-choice.

May 9, 2008 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  2. HillarySkank on myspace

Yeah, June 15th......what year?

May 9, 2008 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  3. jim

really need to get out now clinton, stop dividing the party. and if she thinks of running in '12, people will look back at now and they still wont vote for her

May 9, 2008 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  4. Anban

Skewed Democratic Nomination Process
    This year’s Democrat nomination is the most skewed process in terms of races, genders, and ages. The most striking skewers is the race. Take the NC primary as an example. 93% African Americans (AFA) voted for Obama in the NC primary, while only 39% of the rest voted for him. Yet, he had a big win (14%) over Hillary Clinton. Do you know that Hillary would need 30% AFA votes or 73% of non-black votes just to tie Obama? This over 90% AFA support of Obama has been prevailing key for Obama’s lead in the primary contest. The only chance that Hillary can still win is that the remaining voters and super delegates understand the above numbers, and make a wise choice for the more qualified candidate

May 9, 2008 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  5. Sheila

As has been the case from the beginning, the media pundits have pushed Sen. Obama as the Democratic front-runner, even when he was obviously not performing well.

No one has a crystal ball; therefore, no one can predict the outcome of this contest. How does anyone know what might happen between now and mid-June?

Sen. Clinton has made some remarkably poignant observations during the course of this campaign, and she has done a superb job in presenting her plans and ideas to the American people.

She has proven to be a true fighter whose persistence is admirable. I wouldn't be so quick to count her out.

May 9, 2008 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  6. LF of NC

It is very hard not feel so angry towards Hillary. She has been on the ATTACK from the beginning. She gave plenty of "motivational" and "emotional" speeches, but none truly addressed any issues. She has been caught in so many lies, who can believe her?

Why did she feel the need to attack with such venom? I understand that negatives will emerge throughout campaigning but will when it end is the question.

In my opinion, she shows signs of bi-polar characteristics-- she cried in the beginning, she was happy in the middle and appears out of control and angry in the end. This is what we need leading us, unh?There was negative thrown at Barack hand over fist but he held his ground and continued to press on. That is who we need to lead this nation -- someone who will stand in the face of adversity all the way to the end.

May 9, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  7. spencer

A Clinton Supporter,, Take it to the convention...........Get every delegate seated.................................

May 9, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  8. Meropi

The fat cats of the Democratic party hijacked this election from the voters. Granted some believe in those inspiring speaches but the majority is following the media coverage and the pundits.
    The long drawn process shows how corrupt the party insiders are and how they believe that no matter what, we will forget come November, will unite and heal.............NO WAY NO HOW........as soon as this charade is over and the boys are done pouncing on Hillary I am changing my registration to INDEPENDENT. That party does not deserve my vote. I hope all true Hillary Clinton backers do the same.
    Let the Obama adorers carry this election and I am going to sit back and see this fiasco unravel.............Change?? with who on his side? The insider politicos who have been divorced from reality years ago?? Good luck!!!!!!!!

May 9, 2008 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  9. NO-BAMA

WE GOT YOUR BACK HILLARY

KEEP FIGHTING

May 9, 2008 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  10. spencer

Give Obama no degates from Michigan, He chose to remove his own name..........His fault............Seat the delegates from Florida and Michigan as is..................................

May 9, 2008 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  11. Republican for Obama

SO much hate on both sides. What should have been a shoe in for the Democrats (and a few of us Republicans) has been destroyed by a bitter emotional battle. The last thing I'd like to note is the only way Obama won't win in the fall is if a good percentage of the Clinton supporters take their ball and go home because they didn't get their way. If the nominee should be selected on someone's perceived idea of electability then why even have us commoners vote? Oh that's right because we live in a democracy!

May 9, 2008 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  12. Texas Independent

Primaries do not include independents. In November independents sick of pandering (gas tax etc.) will vote her out. Moreover, religious Christian White Women (many of them ELDERLY) will vote AGAINST her in 10s of millions. So much for women support.

May 9, 2008 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  13. Sherey

Billary...you should just go and spend some time in front of the kitchen sink...so rewarding to do mindless tasks...just like you are doing now. Get a brain, woman! You are wasting time and money you don't have!

May 9, 2008 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  14. MMN - Milwaukee WI

I’d hate to think of the most horrible outcome of all of this, but here we go. Since Hillary will not accept defeat, I am fearful that she’ll run as an independent to prove a point in the General Election. Thus far she’s shown she has no best interest of the DEM party leave alone the Country.

Hillary I beg you to prove me wrong!

May 9, 2008 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  15. kola

It's time for her to leave. The republican should not use her to gain cheap points on Obama.

May 9, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  16. Diane

Even though I'm sure this message will be under moderation as all my others are, I'll try to write another one.

I'm definitely for Obama, but it makes me sick that people for either candidate are so hateful and childish calling the candidates awful names. Please be mature and think before you speak. This just makes you look like a fool–which I'm sure you're not, just frustrated.

At this point Hillary should bow out gracefully and start helping Obama get this nomination and I would be saying this to him too if he were the one losing.

Please, please, please quit acting so immature–and I'm saying this to anyone being so tacky about either candidate.

May 9, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  17. Michigan voter

I want Hillary to contine to talk out their as well as Bill. The more they talk the worse they look. If she keeps going to the end, she will kill any chance of running again in 4 years. Just think of all the replays of her and Bill yelling about how unfair this has been to them! Keep going Hillary....I'm lovin every minute of this!!! :-)

P.S.

If you wanted Michigan's votes to count, why did you say no today to the deal offered up? In our fake primary you won 73 delegates and we offered you 69 of them today. Apparently we don't matter as much to you after all.

May 9, 2008 02:46 pm at 2:46 pm |
  18. Rev. O'Neal

What bothers me is that all of us encouraged Hillary to run, I agree she should step down now because we need to concentrate on Mc Cain. But I hate the fact we since Obama is in the race we have ditched her. Before Obama entered the race even Oprah was with Hillary.

May 9, 2008 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  19. FAYE MOGHTADER

I THINK PEOPLE NEED TO CALM DOWN,PUT THEIR EMOTIONS ASIDE,AND THINK LOGICALLY ABOUT THE PAST 8 YEARS.THINK FOR A LONG TIME.NOT SO QUICKLY,WHY WE ARE IN THIS ECONOMIC TURMOIL,WHY PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE JOBS,WHY THE WHOLE MIDDLE EAST HATE US,WHY WE ARE IN THIS TERRORIST STATE,WHY.IF THIS ADMINSTRATION WAS GOOD,WE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN IN THIS SITUATION.EVERY POLICY FROM DOMESTIC TO FOREIGN HA BEEN A FAILURE.SO THINK ; WE MUST CHANGE THE COURSE OF THIS COUNTRY WE HAVE NO CHOICE AND OBAMA SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO DELIVER THAT MORE THAN THE OTHER TWO CANDIDATE PLEASE THINK AND VOTE WITH YOUR HEAD
    FAY FROM VA