May 10th, 2008

Valerie Plame, husband appear in new Clinton ad

Ambassador Joe Wilson and wife, Valerie Plame, appear in new Clinton ad
Ambassador Joe Wilson and wife, Valerie Plame, appear in new Clinton ad

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Hillary Clinton's campaign released a new ad in Oregon Friday, featuring two familiar faces: Ambassador Joe Wilson and his wife, Valerie Plame, who was the undercover operative in the highly publicized CIA leak case.

In the ad, they say Clinton has the "strongest plan to end the Iraq War and bring our troops home safely," according to the campaign.

The 30-second ad, dubbed "Strongest Plan," comes as Oregonians vote by mail in advance of the state's May 20 primary.

The Clinton campaign says the Wilsons played a "critical role in drawing attention to the Bush Administration's exaggerated claims about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, and have been outspoken critics of the conduct of the war."

Watch the ad here.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. honkey white guy from cali

That is going to do about as much good as the Mrs Angelo ad in IN NC did her. And I would like to know who was stupid enough to run the add knowing they will never get paid! she is 25 million in debt and going deeper is this a women you want running the national economy! I don't want her anywhere near it! I would be happy at this point if NY held a special election and replaced her seat there. She has really gone off the deep end!

Go Obama 08 Yes We Can

May 10, 2008 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  2. LD

I believe it is time for Hillary to go home because she's trying to play the race card on Mr. Obama to hurt the Party chance in November. She really shows a lot of dishonesty in her campaign.

May 10, 2008 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  3. Bridget

I would ask...what's in it for them?

May 10, 2008 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  4. John WA

Oh, you mean the war she VOTED FOR! The president she trusted.

May 10, 2008 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  5. Ron L

THIS WILL NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!

May 10, 2008 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  6. The Darth

This is what is killing me. hillary supporters say Obama has no experience. but how is it that such a junior senator is beating the most powerful name in the democratic party. she came in the race with the Name,Power, connections, and the money. and all Obama came in the race with was his Honesty, Intelligence, and his abillity to inspire a whole new genaration. Please look at this with your minds not the sound bites.

BARACK THE VOTE!!!!!!!!!

May 10, 2008 01:29 pm at 1:29 pm |
  7. CK California

CNN, put something deeper, not just follow Cliton's campaign.

May 10, 2008 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  8. Sharon Minnesota

It's not about Sen. Clinton anymore, it's about keeping Sen. Obama out of the white house. It's not about democrat or republican parties anymore it's about saving our democracy from the ideology of hate and division. It's not about my one vote anymore but about millions of people who are going to vote in November to keep the radicals out of the white house.

We shall overcome.

May 10, 2008 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  9. s.positive

HRC will only learn the hardest way and she alone will bear the pain...

May 10, 2008 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  10. Mary

She has played the race card and it's time for her to go. She should leave now with the little respect she has left.

May 10, 2008 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  11. no more Hill-Billys

is Hill-billy that stupid to use something which she supported.

what an idiotic, self-serving, rich little woman.
    get rid of her.

obama

May 10, 2008 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  12. adam

Hillary is so selfish, I use to have respect for this lady. But it seems like it is all about her now instead of unifying the party. Unite not Divide. enough!!!!

May 10, 2008 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  13. Kim

Yay yay yay, Valerie Flame ing idiot is for Hillary. What a shock.

May 10, 2008 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  14. Kat

I think Hillary is just trying to draw attention to the deceit of the Bush Administration. Come on folks; this may not make much of a difference in Oregon, but it does remind people of Bush's major mistakes.

You see what INexperience does to this country? And you want Obama to be our next leader? He doesn't have a clue as to how to handle foreign policy! He's only been in the Senate for 2 years!!

If this Obama person happens to win the Democratic nomination (and/or he doesn't add Hillary to the no. 2 spot), I'm voting across the isle this time!

Go Hillary!

May 10, 2008 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  15. Franky

Again, my genius comment disappeared, LOL!!!!

And for the record, this is about the Iraq war??? You mean the Iraq war that she approved??? Ohhh let me guess, it doesn't count because according to Hillary, there was "false information" therefore is not her fault. I got a secret for her........believe it or not, ONE big reason why I'm supporting my boy is because he opposed the war. Let me tell you somthing, I'm a conservative and I don't believe ANY of the Dems, let alone I don't wanna believe senator McCain. But it sure sounds better when my boy says he'll bring them in about a year than say 60 days like Hillary said. I'll take more time than time wasted...........exactly, the Iraq war.

May 10, 2008 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  16. Jeff Spangler, Arlington, VA

I think I get it– "spooks" for Hillary?

May 10, 2008 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  17. linda hemmingsen

thank you joe wilson for acknowleging the truth of hillarys experience in bringing the troops home from iraq. for all the obama supporters she would still win over macain in the general election and obama isn't look at the polls. you will get a president in that loses good for you! all for political correctness gone bad.

May 10, 2008 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  18. mitchell from arkansaw

hillary does NOT have the strongest plan for getting out of iraq.she is part of the same group of washingtonites,that got us into the war.hillary authorized the war.remember ,plame,it was clinton who authorized the war,after you and your husband stood against it.hillary's judgement is poor,as reflected by her votes in the senate,her smear campaign,and her divisiveness.i have always sympathized with your cause ,and i know you were shafted by this government,but,to support someone ,who wouldn't listen to your claims,and voted for this illegal war.your support of her,is not in your own best interests.idiots!

May 10, 2008 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  19. Nando, Florida

SHE VOTED FOR THE WAR ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 10, 2008 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  20. Dr. J

It is ironic that Clinton voted to go to war and now is using people who had evidence that we should not go to war. This should be used for the Obama camp. He was against the war.

May 10, 2008 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  21. Anthony

May I ask a question. Did Hillary vote for the war? I beleive the answer is YES. So why is she now using the war she authorized claiming she did not read the detail in an ad? How can you authorize war and never read the details. She is such a liar. The more I see her on TV or read about her, the more I dislike her and her negativity.

May 10, 2008 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  22. Peter Damoah-Afari

How can people be so cheap like this..............behaving as if presidency is a birthright and that when you are loosing you can do any shameful thing to survive. The whole world will see the clintons.

May 10, 2008 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  23. josh nyc

Where's she getting the cash? Will we, the Obama supporters, have to pay for this?

May 10, 2008 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |
  24. helen

Here we go again!
    The posturing of Obama with his entoutage on Cpitol Hill is reminiscent of Presidents' Bush "mission accomlished."
    Ominous indeed!

May 10, 2008 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  25. linda hemmingsen

why do you say hillary is selfish? half the population voted for both of them each. she desperately wants to help the people . i am sick of your political system that is disfranchizing a legal election. the media has called for her to quit months agao and the pundents are all against her, please don't say you are the champions of free elections anymore you have lost that long ago since this election. let it continue! as for the media the constant putting down of hillary for months and not looking into obama and you still haven't is disgusting to all.

May 10, 2008 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |