May 10th, 2008

Valerie Plame, husband appear in new Clinton ad

Ambassador Joe Wilson and wife, Valerie Plame, appear in new Clinton ad
Ambassador Joe Wilson and wife, Valerie Plame, appear in new Clinton ad

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Hillary Clinton's campaign released a new ad in Oregon Friday, featuring two familiar faces: Ambassador Joe Wilson and his wife, Valerie Plame, who was the undercover operative in the highly publicized CIA leak case.

In the ad, they say Clinton has the "strongest plan to end the Iraq War and bring our troops home safely," according to the campaign.

The 30-second ad, dubbed "Strongest Plan," comes as Oregonians vote by mail in advance of the state's May 20 primary.

The Clinton campaign says the Wilsons played a "critical role in drawing attention to the Bush Administration's exaggerated claims about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, and have been outspoken critics of the conduct of the war."

Watch the ad here.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Chris

Barack Obama has no place in the White House! ..... the only way our community will vote for him ...is if he takes Senator Clinton with him ...she at least has some sense! ....

May 10, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  2. Franky

I'm not lying guys, I really do blame Hillary and McCain is some sense where we are now. NO, is not because I don't support them, is because I really do believe in my opinion, they should be held responsible. I don't want answers, I don't want questions, I want solutions from them, not from my boy. Let me tell you something, I have this theory that i'm working on and I'm telling you, once I'm finished with this "crazy theory", I'm not going to be a happy man with Hillary and MCain..........but one part is in fact the Iraq war and that's the only beginning....

May 10, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  3. Jeanie in Oregon has Hope and wants change

She has the strongest plan to bring them home???

She is the one who voted to send them into a war we had no business being in, and now that it helps her get elected she wants to bring them home??...

Oh wait I think she wants to have them home just to send them to Iran right???

I want my family that is fighting in this war to come home , and I know that Obama wants that too .....

And he was against the war from the start !!!!

May 10, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  4. Frank

Yea Hillary wants the troops back from Iraq so she can send them off to Iran.

May 10, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  5. David

Is it not fun for Clinton to raise this issue.

So Hillary Clinton didn't even consult them before voting authorizing the war?

She is making fun of herself.

May 10, 2008 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  6. OBAMA YES

it is sad because no matter what she does in KY and West VA she is still a loser with a loser husband..Lets just hope his ticker can handle the loss

May 10, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  7. linda hemmingsen

haven't you obama supporters heard on anderson cooper says they investigated and the clintons were not involved in race baiting but you can't accept it because it came from chicago style politics from the obama camp

May 10, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  8. Garth

To the person that compared Obama's experience to Bush's. You are so wrong. What kind of experience do you want? I don't see how being First Lady, even the Iron Fisted First Lady does that much as for experience. Would let yourself get brain surgery from a resident that has been next to the chief surgeon for a few years, but has never touched a knife?

None of the three candidates has Presidental Experience like almost all first time Presidents. So vote for the one with leadership. That would be Obama.

May 10, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  9. mike from texas

Hillary will say anything ................................Question is trust................??

May 10, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  10. Bucks County

May I remind you that Barack didn't vote for the war because he wasn't in the senate then. Don't be fooled he was talked into voting for the intrusive Terri Schivao action and Kerry and the boys would have pressured him into voting for it too. I didn't vote for the war either-does that make me qualified to President too?

May 10, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  11. unifier

she's not going to win oregon so why in the hell is she even running ads and why in the hell did you even post this CNN??

May 10, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  12. Lara

Since Hillary voted for this war she was part of the Administration that allowed this war to happen. Now she is the best one to get us out. Bush had help starting this war and anyone who voted for it should share the blame. She is suppose to be a leader but she seems to be a follower. The war (Bush's idea) the gas summer tax break (McCain's idea) one turned into a nightmare for our country and one was never going to happen. it was just a way to get votes. Wake up America I want someone who won't jump on the band wagon because everyone else does.

May 10, 2008 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  13. Joyce

OBAMA is too eager to say he is the nomine. People are not looking to really see who he is ,does not answers the right questions . spends half his time saying Hiillary is bad mouthing him.WHAT DOES ThAT Say?Hillary has more answers and more experiance

May 10, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  14. andrea benini

barack obama cant close the deal

May 10, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  15. Cyndi

I would like to say that why now Hillary. Are you ashame of voting to send our troops to war and trying to engage in another war before another President is elected.

Tell me something People, WHY would we elect someone who speaks before they think. Hillary is so sidewinded that everything comes out of her mouth is false. The knob is stuck on stupid. She can't engage in nothing that makes sense to her now but the American People will suffer in the future.

My question to all is Hillary needs to think about what she is saying the the American People and mean what she says, instead of saying something just to get elected.

Lying to the American People is no better than her husband being impeach. She must remember that the American People wasn't racial divided when Bill needed there votes to state out is term so , Hillary continue to dis the black voters and see what will become of your door to happiness in the future.

Blacks do get a chance to vote Ma Dear.

May 10, 2008 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  16. Dennis

Chris-

Hillary makes sense? Sniper fire? Whitewater? Voting for the war? Running for senator of NY even though she had never lived there?

Come on...

May 10, 2008 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  17. Media blackout Date May 15th

How pathetic!

May 10, 2008 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  18. Sure

And what makes you people think she wasn't fed the same false information spread throughout the American people? Plus, at least she takes a stand on issues rather than a wait-and-see approach.

May 10, 2008 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  19. andrea benini

Hillary will be the strongest in beating Mccain. Go Hillary! We love you!

May 10, 2008 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  20. Geriatic

POOR HILLARY. IT'S LIKE SHE'S IN A BAD DREAM AND DESPERATELY WANTS TO WAKE UP, ONLY TO REALIZE IT'S REAL AND THE AGONY OF REALITY IS ENGAGING EVERY MODE OF DESPERATION.

May 10, 2008 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  21. jane in CA

Get over with. Read Obama's phased troops withdrawn plan on his website obama.com. Republicans vote Obama.

May 10, 2008 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  22. Protest CNN for pusing joint ticket

Where is this couple's creditbility? They cannot even bring truth home to American people effectively when the war started. Now, endorsing Clinton who voted for war? Give me a break.

May 10, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  23. Independent

Who cares? Hillary has lost, and she needs to end her temper tantrum. Obama 08

May 10, 2008 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  24. Ig

What kills me is that HRC has changed her stance throughout this election. If I can recall, she once said small states don't matter. Obama has beaten her in small, big, rural, white, black, better, educated, uneducated, vets, old and young, yet she's still coming at him with this BS argument. So to HRC supporters, are you telling me that the millions of people who voted for him don't seem to send the message that he is electable? Small states didn't matter after Super Tuesday, now she's LOST the whole thing, the 18 delegates in W.V matter. WoW!!!

May 10, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  25. John Camden

We need Hillary to run as an Independent--the Democratic Party is trying to take her down by insisting she withdraw--she can turn the tables and take them down (along with Barack) by running as an Independent-start e-mailing her to show your support–

May 10, 2008 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |