May 11th, 2008

Bush: Jenna's wedding was 'spectacular'

ALT TEXT

President George Bush and first lady Laura Bush pose with daughters Jenna and Barbara. (White House Photo)

WASHINGTON (CNN)
- Against the backdrop of a stunning Texas sunset, near a lake on the Bush family's 1,600-acre ranch, President Bush walked his daughter, Jenna, down the aisle to her groom, the White House said.

Jenna, 26, married Henry Hager, the son of a well-connected Virginia Republican.

"The wedding was spectacular. It was all we could have hoped for," the president said Sunday before boarding Air Force One.

"We're mighty blessed."

Wearing a white silk organza Oscar de la Renta gown, the bride stood with the groom before a beige-colored cross and altar made of Texas limestone.

Read more here

Filed under: George W. Bush • Jenna Bush
  1. Nathan

The pastor who officiated the wedding, Rev. Kirbyjon Caldwell of Windsor Village United Methodist Church in Houston, has already endorsed Obama!

Boo-ya!

May 11, 2008 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  2. eam

THEY LOOK LIKE THEY GOT GOT SPRAYED BY THE JOKER ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

May 11, 2008 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  3. NC4Obama08

Is this the wedding section of CNN?

May 11, 2008 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  4. NC Democrat

I am not a Bush fan – in fact, I think he's the worst president ever. However, it appears to me he is a good father and is rightly proud of his daughter and new son-in-law. Congratuations to the entire family.

May 11, 2008 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  5. Maths Man

wish them a happy marriage!

May 11, 2008 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  6. Susan Missouri

Congratulations to Jenna & Henry and all the Bush family.

May 11, 2008 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  7. J.S.B.

Why can't she have the same fate as the thousands of Iraqi children whose parents have lost their most precious gifts. This article is shameless and pathetic.

May 11, 2008 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  8. Doug, WV

CONGRATULATONS JENNA. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST, BUT REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR OBAMA

May 11, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  9. Real Issues Of The Day

Why is this featured on the CNN Political Ticker, and, more to the point,

WHO CARES?

May 11, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  10. nwhite

hah! She's got the same sh.. eating grin as her dad.

May 11, 2008 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  11. Ryan

Wow, it must be nice to get married, thanks to Bush, I don't have that right.

May 11, 2008 02:46 pm at 2:46 pm |
  12. Ludovic

what a nice family !

May 11, 2008 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  13. Susan, PA

Now the approval rating goes up.

May 11, 2008 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  14. Joseph W. Mathews

I'm sure someone will spoil this post with some crack about Jenna's father, but agree with him or not, and I don't, congratulations to the couple and all the best. The gown was in outstanding taste and may God bless them both. There is more to life than politics.

May 11, 2008 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  15. Don't care

I don't care about the Bush family's happy life while so many other people are suffering because of his outrageous leaderhship!

May 11, 2008 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  16. Don't care

I don't care about the Bush family's happy life while so many others are suffering because of Bush's outrageous leadership!

May 11, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  17. Bridgette

Congratulations. I think they make a really cute couple. I wish them well.

May 11, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  18. After further review,Texas

Good Photo of happy faces.

May 11, 2008 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  19. Rosita

Beautiful picture.

May 11, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  20. Mary

And your point is.................?
    Put this stuff on the Society pages.

May 11, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  21. Bob, Florida - RFO

Nice photo of GWB and family. As an Obamalican who supported GWB in 2004 I wish President Bush and family all the best!

Go Barack '08/12

May 11, 2008 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  22. joe

Who cares!!!! I'm paying four bucks a gallon for gas, and my son was killed in Iraq. Who cares about these losers!!!

May 11, 2008 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  23. FL Dem

Congratulations and Best Wishes to the bride and groom!

May 11, 2008 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  24. MR. Woodcock

Bush JR says bad CIA Intel,You know cherry Intel from CIA SR and JR ran 30 years combined? It accidentally killed 4000 soldier,wounded 40thousand more killed 100s thousands.JR now says "not my fault, not my bad". JR referred to the WAR as ROMANTIC! Bush gets to joke about his child's wedding.

May 11, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  25. linda hemmingsen

Congratulations Jenna and Henry on your marriage. You look stunning! Have a happy life.

May 11, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |