May 13th, 2008

Exit polls: West Virginia voters want Democratic race to continue

ALT TEXT

(CNN) - Despite a week of intense media speculation about whether Hillary Clinton will drop out of the race for the Democratic nomination, early exit polling in today's West Virginia Democratic primary shows 70 percent of the voters would prefer the campaign to continue. Only 25 percent say the campaign should end as soon as possible.

1. Bitter

It makes you proud to be a Republican.

May 13, 2008 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  2. Bibobo

I hate Obama so much that when I vote I will write in:

– Cancel Roe v. Wade –

as my candidate.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....sarcasm

May 13, 2008 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  3. Independent99999

How about making WV folks get some education first.

There should be some minimal education before someone can vote.

WV voting should be DISCOUNTED .

Well – any case, it does not matter, right!.

Go Obama

May 13, 2008 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  4. Lovable Furry Old Grover

I am voting for a Democrat in November – whether it is Hillary, Obama, or Satan, Prince of Darkness (whups – I forgot he is currently serving as vice-president).

No, I am not satisfied with the results of the primaries. It seems that if you don't have media marquee value – you have no chance. I would likely prefer Kucinich or Edwards to the two remaining Democrats – but our strange system of giving power to a few "early" states means that the rest of have to pick through whoever remains. A sad system. Regardless, I will vote for whoever is annointed at the convention.

McCain has some virtues – but he is a Republican. I have burned too many times to think that the leopard will change his spots.

May 13, 2008 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  5. Thore

Would Obama drop out if the popular vote was virtually tied? Would Obama chose to decide to disenfranchise MI and FL, if he was a little behind?

I know if the roles were reversed the pundits would be saying how the DNC is creating the most divisive civil rights violation in the history of America. All the civil rights activists would be parading their opinions about how Obama is being treated unfairly if he won MI and FL; and the media would just eat up all this controversy.

The media’s presumptive coronation of Obama and trying to close down the democratic process of selecting our nominee is only hurting the Democratic Party and just shows that the pundits do not decide the election process – the voters do!

It is amazing how Obama supporters can continue to slip their little attack innuendos in during their comments and opinions, while demeaning the voters in WV. Hillary continues to show her strength and will not give up until all the votes are counted.

The voters who want change voted for Hillary in WV.

May 13, 2008 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  6. sacto joe

All the national polls I've seen for months now say that either Hillary or Barak will wipe the floor with McCain. Those who are shooting their lips off on this forum about how they won't vote Democrat because of the way the vote is going don't mean SQUAT!

May 13, 2008 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  7. Jenna, CA

WOLF – Take a look at how Hillary wins HUGE among Independent voters in W V.....WOW!!! So much for BO's appeal to independent voters!!

May 13, 2008 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  8. FDR

The Democratic Party is dead.

May 13, 2008 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  9. Karen G

I think ,people are forgetting that obama won a lot of caucas states which are a very unfair way of voting, almost to the point of being ellegal.Most people in my state didn't even know what a caucas was or that they were being held. How fair is that, so you really don't know what the numbers are DO YOU!!!!

May 13, 2008 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  10. Frances

She is still behind people. It's still over!!!

May 13, 2008 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  11. JBY

What people are missing about the race argument is that black people overwhelmingly vote for the Democratic candidate in the general election.
    Bill Clinton got over 85% of the black vote in his 1996 campaign.
    What we are seeing are white voters who voted for Clinton are threatening to vote for McCain.

There is a difference:
    If Hillary beat Obama in the Democratic Primary, black voters have proven that they would continue to support the Domocratic nominee no matter what color they are.
    Like I said previously, white voters are threatening to vote for McCain.

When people want to talk about race and what it means to electing the President in November, it's an absolute apples and oranges issue.

Black people would never vote for McCain.
    Never.

White people who call themselves Democrats wil vote for McCain.

That is where the argument of racism holds water.

May 13, 2008 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  12. Aaron

Is this a Lou Dobbs poll? It's easily as stupid as one.

May 13, 2008 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  13. ADINDU SAB TORONTO

Now, we are all know what Hillary is made of, She claims to love the party, but she is destroying the party out of her selfishness. I think it is time for her to just call it quit, and support Obama. Maybe and I repeat maybe she might have a chance for the running mate. Come on Hillary why don' you just accep defeat?

May 13, 2008 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  14. john

My sincere apologies to the Democrats in Florida and Michigan for calling your voters dumb. If i knew that West Virginia University was the only education opportunity for the Hillarybillys in the state, i realized that their voters fly way under the radar in rational decisions.

May 13, 2008 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  15. No Hillary

Who cares what VA voters want. This race needs to go to th eend so we can concentrate on McCain. We can't afford to continue racing against our own democrats.... wake up guys!!!!..

She lost and she is gone....next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2008 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  16. George Neiffer

I am a Montana Democrat who wants to know, Why is it taking the DNC so long to determine the fate of Florida and Michigan? Wouldn't you think that a controvercial topic such as this would have been addressed right away after Super Tuesday or in March or in April? Hillary is clearly the most electable candidate by far taking into consideration these vicories!

May 13, 2008 08:35 pm at 8:35 pm |
  17. linda

I am listening to CNN and the "top political adivors" on both Dem and Rep sides. First, let me say as a resident of Michigan, "NO our delegates should NOT BE SEATED at ther DNC!" It is not the fault of the rest of America or the fault of the DNC that our votes do not count. It is the responsibility of our Governor and the elected officials of our state!" SHAME ON THEM! Of course, Hillary would like the "INVALID" votes to count as she was the only one on the ballot! It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out what is behind all that thought process! I am not a registered Democrat nor Republican, but rather decide who to vote for based on policies and the direction the goernment seems to be headed. As a Michigan Resident I can only hope that my home state is required to FOLLOW THE RULES THEY AGREED TOO PRIOR TO THE PRIMARY THAT WAS HELD IN OUR STATE! It is high time that our government takes responsibility for their "POOR" judgement to hold a primary that is in violation of the rules that they agreed too! I am sorry but all you CLINTON lovers need to realize if the Michigan voice is not heard at the Democratic National Convention they you should hold your OWN state responsibile not the candidates that ran a "FAIR and RESONSIBLE" race!

May 13, 2008 08:35 pm at 8:35 pm |
  18. Ray Ito

I hope Obama is not taking things for granted that he's already clinched the nomination.

He did not vigorously compete in W.Virginia like in other places which shows that he's sort of complacent.

Anyway, he should NOT think that strange events cannot happen overnight that could change the whole picture.

Watch it Obama.