May 13th, 2008

Exit polls: West Virginia voters want Democratic race to continue

ALT TEXT

(CNN) - Despite a week of intense media speculation about whether Hillary Clinton will drop out of the race for the Democratic nomination, early exit polling in today's West Virginia Democratic primary shows 70 percent of the voters would prefer the campaign to continue. Only 25 percent say the campaign should end as soon as possible.

1. Brenda from TN.

Hillary should stay the course and let Obama drop out if anyone needs to drop out. Everybody knows she is the best candiate but are only scared to admit the truth about this race....the top DEMS that want her out are the ones that never have done as well as she has and Howard Dean and others like him would do anything to make sure she doesn,t succeed...KEEP GOING HILLARY.

May 13, 2008 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  2. tell the truth

Go ahead Jeanna, Vot McCain or write Hilliary name in. This will only hurt you. Roe/ Wade McCain does not support woman rights. This makes me sick with all the negative comments aganist Obama. I will vote for my children and country. I will vote with facts not out of angry. Sometime I wonder our you people adults or children.

May 13, 2008 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  3. Ric

He can't even unite the party. How do expect him to reach out to Republicans.

With all the *bitter* comments of his supporters, there's bound to be more of the same. His supporters can't deliver the promise of change.

May 13, 2008 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  4. Retired white female now an Independent

Hey Kids!

This all echoes how things were when Kennedy was running for president.

Except we had to be 21 to vote, and I was one month short.

I worked on Robert Kennedy's campaign.

Be nice! Be respectful! Yep, you are frustrated, keep it clean!

And I just left the Dems to be an Independent!

I am writing in Hillary on the November ballot!

May 13, 2008 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  5. puntarenus

Drop out Obama

May 13, 2008 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  6. B / NYC

The media is horrible to Senator Clinton and yet she pushes on with her head held high. That is a leader.

Can ANYONE please name just five things that Senator Obama has done for his state or our country while being in public office for the short time that he has?

Two things?

Thought so...

May 13, 2008 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  7. Yes She Will

In answer as to why the SD's are running to Obama....THEY ARE BEING PAID....It's true.....Obama campaign has paid Super Delegates 3 x what Clinton has!!!

You need to look into this CNN....Please. This is a HUGE flaw within the Party and it's not fair.

May 13, 2008 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  8. daniel

Lucky you are voting for a liar you will have three... wow

May 13, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  9. mitchell from arkansaw

well done sen. clinton.now,gracefully exit the race. obama '08

May 13, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  10. Jeremy

I'm sure racism has plenty to do with it.

May 13, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  11. obvious

Exit polls in W. Virginia...Duh, of course they want the race to continue idiot. W. VA is so irrelevant ...and so it Hillary. sorry folks : )

May 13, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  12. Mr G

There's a reason WV only has 28 delegates. The voting doesn't reflect the thinkinbg of the whole country.

May 13, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  13. DavidASattanni

The media and biased politicians have been calling for her to drop out of the race for a long time. It's nothing new. All it proves is that the country is still more sexist than racist.

God forbid if a woman was allowed to run this country. No one in the world leader boy's club would respect her. We would be taken over immediately by an evil foreign nation who's been waiting for the opportunity for a weak person such as herself to win the Whitehouse.

"I like Obama because he's new" – do you know what? If I'm having surgery, I don't want a NEW doctor. If my car's getting repaird, I want a mechanic with at least SOME experience.

Wise up people!

May 13, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  14. BRiley

Holly.....NEWSFLASH...there is racism everywhere. Yes – even in Chicago at Barack's Trinity Church! Maybe you and others should stop stereotyping the southern and more rural states as not counting and racists. Hillary should stay in for the sake of the Democratic Party. The party should not chastize one of its own for running a tough race. Yes it is convenient to say that she should drop out if you're an Obama supporter. If Barack wants an easy race maybe he should have run for Chairman of the Democratic National Committee. He and Dean seem to be real chummy anyway! GO HILLARY!

May 13, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  15. Jazzy

Holly: I have to say that I agree with you. Until we can acknowledge that racism is alive and well in this country, we will forever be in the dark. Thank you West Virginia for voting.

May 13, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  16. B / NYC

If Obama wins the nomination, I will write in Clintons name...
    I will never vote for him, he is not ready, he can speak, but he is not ready!

May 13, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  17. joel

and, holly, there is sexism in all 50 states, end of story.

May 13, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  18. Smart

No wonder Mike Huckabee won 100% of the delegates at the WV convention in February!

They are good at the game.

May 13, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  19. Run Up The Score!

This is "sobering news for Dems"? Hillary's going to win 65% of the vote and 70% want the race to continue - you think those numbers have something to do with each other?

May 13, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  20. Bitter Tommy Hussein in St. Louis

Can somebody please point me to the forum where all the bitter Romney and Huckabee supporters are threatening to vote for the Democratic candidate in November, or Bob Barr, or write in their candidate's name, or not vote at all, because McCain got the Republican nomination? What? That forum doesn't exist, you say?

I see. That's because Republicans who don't like McCain have resolved to attempt to influence him in a positive way if he goes astray in their eyes while he is president, rather than play childish games with the future of their country, as they see it. I sure wish Hillary supporters would do the same for their own party. I don't think it's that much of a stretch to say that an Obama administration would be open to other points of view.

May 13, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  21. Susan, PA

I do not understand how CNN works.

CNN projected Clinton's victory even if 0% of precincts were reporting. I know it would be more likely to be true but isn't it a speculation rather than a projection or did I forget that it is in fact CLINTON NEWS NETWORK.

May 13, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  22. Chuck, Oregonians for Obama

Okay, Ill give Sen Clinton this one. She deserves it. Now lets stop all this division stuff you find in the media. Not going to vote, going to vote McCain, any one can twist a pole any way they want. One thing for sure, the democratic party will NOT be as divided as the media wants us to believe.

May 13, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  23. Sharon Minnesota

Why won't Hillary quit!!!!!

1. She may still be the nominee when Obama's campaign implodes with another scandal.
    2. She is creating a coalition for an Independent party to go for it in the fall.
    3 She is finishing all primary's because that is the democratic way.
    4 She is creating documentation of every states vote so that when Obama bombs in November she has the goods on him.
    5. She is readying herself for an October surprise candidacy when Barack has to find another job.
    6. She is creating documentation of every states vote so she can run in 2012 and win handily.

Hillary is a very intelligent woman contrary to what some of the ignorant Obama bloggers seem to think.

No good reason to stay in this race? I think not!!

May 13, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  24. spencer

Seat the Florida and Michigan delegates as is no change....Obama took his own name off the ballet in Michigan his fault...Keep on trucking Hillary....I saw Donna get a little pissed when wolfsen said seat the delegates from Michigan and Florida... So what.. Seat the delegates...

May 13, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  25. Goody - Oregonians 4 Hillary

For those who do not appreciate the way the 'old guard' has hoodwinked Hillary: If Hillary does not get nominated, vote McCain!
    We'll be as loyal to the DNC as they have been to Hillary and her supporters! Staying home or writing-in Hillary's name will only help Obama. Be smart, think ahead.

May 13, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |