May 13th, 2008

McCain to make SNL appearance

McCain, who has been the subject of several SNL sketches this season, will appear on the show this weekend.

(CNN) - John McCain is known to tell a joke from time to time, but how will the Arizona senator stand up next to comedian Steve Carell?

McCain is slated to appear on Saturday Night Live this weekend, during which Carell will play host, a McCain aide confirms to CNN.

The aide says the presumptive Republican presidential nominee will head to New York Saturday to rehearse for his role, though it remains unclear exactly what part he will play.

McCain hosted the comedy sketch show himself in 2002.

Democrats Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton have also made appearances on the show this year.

Filed under: John McCain
  1. fafa

who cares

May 13, 2008 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  2. DEBBI

NOTICE how CNN only LETS A FEW PEOPLE COMMENT ON THE BARACK STORIES .. BUT LETS UP TO 800 BARACK SUPPORTERS COMMENT ON ANYTHING AGAINST HILLARY ... WHATS UP WITH THAT .???
    Im sure this wont get in , cause its against Barack the chosen one

May 13, 2008 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  3. Venus

This should be fun to watch!

SNL – really blasted Hillary last week!

I laughed like never before!

Go Obama!

May 13, 2008 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  4. Beverly, NYC

SNL is now offically uncool.

May 13, 2008 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  5. Mai

Would any American citizen vote for an active KKK member? The answer is no, that person would not be allowed on the ballot. Yet., the church that Senator Obama attends and supports is the African American version of the KKK. Senator Obama and church members believe that BLACKS ARE THE CHOSEN PEOPLE. That is as racist as the KKK.

Anyone except Obama, the Marxist, racist and corrupt Chicago politician.

May 13, 2008 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  6. Kevin

McCain..be yourself- that is what I love about you

It does not suit your age when you try to look funny and young..

May 13, 2008 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  7. Caras

Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIke I care that an old grouch is going to appear on SNL what a joke!!!!!!

May 13, 2008 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  8. Enlightened Voter

John McCain's people are going to try and do everything to paint him as the funny, empathatic, even tempered, caring man he is NOT. Fortunately people aren't that dumb to buy the nonsense and I predict he will lose that famous temper in a big way before the election.

May 13, 2008 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  9. Alex H from NY & FL

Lets face it, Obama needs Hillary and so does the Democratic Party....If she cannot get the respected votes from the Florida and Michigan Primary to win the nomination I dont see how the democratic party can afford to turn off so many people and expect to win. Hillary supporters will divide the party and choose a liberal republican to side with come November....And finally to all of those people that have to bring Bill into every equation when speaking about Hillary, let it go! Obviously he is going to be involved in this election, what spouse hasnt been in an election? He just happened to be a past president, let her views take shape as well as her committment to the American People as an individual.

May 13, 2008 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  10. JIM, MIAMI BEACH, FLORIDA

And, the Boomer vote just might go to McCAin, and the Boomers do vote, unlike the youth vote living on the sofa in front of the TV in their digusted parents' living room

May 13, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  11. NoHillaryToTheWhiteHouse

I hope the so called conservatives would note vote for Mccain, but my filling is they will, this idiots do not have the brain to comapare and contrast if you are not republican they would not vote for you, they have been brain washed years ago, and they ge screwed over and over eight years of Bush and they will still vote for Mccain knowing he will continue where Bush left off. Conservatives make me sick I just hope God willing I do not have to see republican in the white house for the coming 100 years.

May 13, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  12. John Smith

As I have noted repeatedly, only those who have had at least a "semester" of college should be allowed to vote for the nominee of the presidency.

We expect our president to be bright, morally strong, and quite understanding to the needs of others. Equally, we should expect the voters to be educated as they make such an important decision!

May 13, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  13. Eugene

Is there a reason CNN has not reported polls taken in Oregon, Montana, and South Dakota, but only the states where Clinton is leading? Time to be gracious on both sides for all Democrats now. No foolish boasting, no foolish bitterness.

May 13, 2008 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  14. Dylan

If McCain really wants to make 'em laugh... all he needs to do is talk about his health care "plan"

That'll leave 'em in stitches!

May 13, 2008 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  15. Tired of W, OH

Sid has an excellent point. The popular vote is meaningless if it does not take into account the caucus states. It should not be a basis for anything in this nominating process and it seems that the superdelegates are smart enough to realize this. If you do away with caucuses and make all states hold primaries, then we'd have a level playing field and you could argue for the popular vote. Until that happens, the only thing that matters is the delegate count. This nominating process is over.

May 13, 2008 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  16. JIM, MIAMI BEACH, FLORIDA

I would remind my fellow Jews that the Democrat party (especially Jimmy Carter) is no friend of Jews or Israel.

I don't trust Obama, Wright or Farrakhan, do you?

We stopped Al Gore here in Miami Beach in 2000 and we can sure stop Obama here in 2008!

May 13, 2008 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  17. Bob

"silghtly less rosy picture of her" – good one Jeanne. SNL tore her a new one!

May 13, 2008 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  18. Conservative and Proud

If you vote for Obama, please do not complain when you start spending 90% of your income on other people.

May 13, 2008 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  19. Joe, Chicago

Who Cares about McCain?

The War in Iraq and your vote for it isn't funny!!

May 13, 2008 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |
  20. cozumelkid

I am a democrat. I will vote for McCain because he has military experience which neither Clinton, or Obama has ever experienced. The only exception would be if McCain picked some of the same-old, same-old goof-ball for the Vice-President, then I guess I will flip a coin.

May 13, 2008 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  21. Jedeki

SNL is still around?

May 13, 2008 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  22. Uncle Sam

McWinner. It has a nice ring to it.

Americans for McCain '08

May 13, 2008 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  23. BIFF, BIFFINGTON...

Republicans just aren't funny......

not even pseudo-wannabe-intellect dennis miller.

May 13, 2008 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  24. Ed, Santa Fe NM

GAG... I'll make sure I don't tune in....

McCane the funnyman? I don't think so.... what's funny about the Bush Wars he supports or the sinking economy?

May 13, 2008 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  25. J

I'm looking forward to it both because I love Steve Carrell and because I do think John McCain has been pretty funny so far (john Stewart, American Idol), also my hat goes off to SNL for not playing to one side.

May 13, 2008 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |