May 13th, 2008

McCain to make SNL appearance

McCain, who has been the subject of several SNL sketches this season, will appear on the show this weekend.

(CNN) - John McCain is known to tell a joke from time to time, but how will the Arizona senator stand up next to comedian Steve Carell?

McCain is slated to appear on Saturday Night Live this weekend, during which Carell will play host, a McCain aide confirms to CNN.

The aide says the presumptive Republican presidential nominee will head to New York Saturday to rehearse for his role, though it remains unclear exactly what part he will play.

McCain hosted the comedy sketch show himself in 2002.

Democrats Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton have also made appearances on the show this year.

Filed under: John McCain
  1. Yak

SNL should boost him up.

May 13, 2008 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  2. fred

Looks like McCain will be the next President!!

I am one of MILLIONS of Democarts that WILL NOT vote for Obama!!

i will WRITE IN HILLARY!!!

May 13, 2008 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  3. Beverley McIntosh

As a Clinton supporter, I have accepted ythe fact that she won't by the
    President. That however doesn't meanI will vote for O'Bama.

If he wasn't my choice from the beginning, why should I change my beliefs.?

This has nothing to do with race because Senator O'Bama are both
    Black. He's just not qualified enough for ME.

16 million votes won't get him to the White House.

May 13, 2008 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  4. karen

McCain reminds me of a lizard.

May 13, 2008 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  5. Roger

McCain will make a better comedian than president.

May 13, 2008 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  6. FactCheck

I'm guessing that he'll punch Carrell in the face and call Amy Poehler what he called his wife.

May 13, 2008 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  7. chisom

Wow! to McCain, I wouldn't have agreed to that

May 13, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  8. FactCheck

Hillary supporters make Dubya supporters look like Rhodes scholars.

May 13, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  9. J.W. of Mississippi

McSame is a living joke and SNL should hire him full time along with his pals Bush and Chaney. They could call the segment "THE THREE ZEROS".

May 13, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  10. diane for obama

Well I am 100% for Obama but I think McCain is funny. He made me laugh out loud on the Daily Show. I also have laughed uproariously at Obama on Letterman and Huckabee on everything. Clinton tries to be funny but wow she always looks like she's in pain when she does.

It's way more fun when politicians poke fun at themselves. I can only take so many news shows.

May 13, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  11. Norb

I heard Lieberman and Keating will be joining Mr. McCain in a three stooges set.

May 13, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  12. John Marietta, GA

McCain is already a parody of himself.

All they should do is play clips of McCain saying one thing, then a clip of him saying another. "I was against the bush tax cuts, I was against the Bush tax cuts because they did not pay for it with a cut in spending, Im for the Bush tax cuts, I'm for the tax cuts without a cut in spending..... Sunni, shia whats the difference.... "

He would be hillarious if he wasn't taken seriously by the dumbest in the country. Maybe he will change his mind on running too!

May 13, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  13. MD Houston

Since SNL is the lamest and least funny show on TV, McCain should have no problem.

May 13, 2008 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  14. Staci, LA

McCain is simply...not FUNNY.

May 13, 2008 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  15. Stop crying already.

SNL has officially "Jumped the Shark".

May 13, 2008 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  16. Belle

Since the nasty Obama supporters need to get their digs in on each article, regardless of subject, I'm going to take the time to thank them for pushing the Clinton supporters to vote for McCain. You should all be commended om choosing the next republican president!

May 13, 2008 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  17. John Smith

Let Hillary's supporters vote for McCain. Obama supporters should STOP appealing to these people. Clearly, these people will be rejected later by the Republicans.

The Republicans, like the Democrats, like bright and intelligent folks. So, plase stop appealing to the Clinton folks who are "bitter;" let them move on so that Obama can be better organized.

If Hillary cannot beat Obama, how is she going to beat MCain and the hungry Republicans?

May 13, 2008 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  18. LHMan

Why is it that racism evokes anger and outrage, but ageism is supposed to be funny?

May 13, 2008 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  19. Paul

How can you be more electable if you have no money?

May 13, 2008 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  20. 52 year old Baltimore ,CPA, Black Women

You know if you are not talking about Hiliary and Obama people could care less...did you not notice how many less repsonse you get
    about MCain... I won't be watching SNL

May 13, 2008 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  21. deborah jeane p, Boston

no one can say CNN didn't try to get mccain elected for their neocon masters.

May 13, 2008 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  22. JJ

Can you guys answer this question... Can Hillary run as an Independant? Any chance of her running as John McCain's VP? That would ensure the Republicans a win in November.

May 13, 2008 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  23. Fred Flintstone

John McCain: The Not-Ready-For-Primetime-President (candidate).

May 13, 2008 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  24. Caras

Mai you are so ignorant is pathetic, you shouldn't be allowed to even comment !!!

May 13, 2008 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  25. Paris

CNN if you are going to censor the live blog what is the point of it?
    CNN stop the bias.
    Why not do a report on how Obama’s campaign is negotiating with terrorist. Why not investigate the Robert Melloy story.
    Anderson cooper didn’t even mention it on 360 last night.
    CNN shame on you for being bias.

I am not a Hillary supporter but the way CNN is promoting Obama is unethical and Hillary supporters should be
    furious with CNN.

John McCain is an honorable man and he is the only one for the job.

May 13, 2008 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |