May 14th, 2008

Hillary Clinton chokes up in CNN interview

CNN

Watch a clip of Wolf Blitzer's interview with Sen. Clinton.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Hillary Clinton choked up Wednesday as she told CNN's Wolf Blitzer that her daughter's presence on the campaign trail had been one of the "most incredibly gratifying experiences of my life."

"Well, it's one of the most incredibly gratifying experiences of my life, as a person and as a mother. I get very emotional," she said. "She is an exceptional person, and she's worked so hard, and she's done such a good job that I'm just filled with pride every time I look at her.

"Obviously, we are very close. We are in communication all the time. But she is doing this because she believes I'd be a good president, but also because she cares so much about our country's future. She did grow up in the White House. She knows what a difference a president makes. If anybody ever doubted what difference a president makes, after seven years of George Bush, I think the doubts should be put to rest.

"So she's doing it because she's my daughter, but she's doing it because, as she says, she's a young American who cares about our future."

Chelsea Clinton, who has been a constant presence on the trail this cycle, was in Puerto Rico Wednesday in advance of the territory's June 1 primary.

Watch Wolf Blitzer's interview with Hillary Clinton at 4 and 6 p.m. ET on CNN's The Situation Room.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. raf

Tex,

Neither of Obama's children have been alive for 20 years.

May 14, 2008 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  2. Elaine

May 14th, 2008 3:55 pm ET
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.

I absolutely admire Hillary Clinton. And, anyone who says otherwise is just jealous of her. Go Hillary! We are standing behind you all the way to the White House!

Not surprised that my comment is "awaiting moderation." It is a pro-Clinton remark. And, this makes it even more obvious that this board is moderated by Obama supporters. So sick of Hillary bashing. Grow up!

May 14, 2008 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  3. Thore

We need a President who is not acting as a puppet of their campaign. Somebody who shows true leadership and will be there for us when times get tough. Despite all the forces against her, Hillary Clinton shows true leadership by providing solutions that will be consequential for all of America and every politician can take lessons from her when she becomes America's first President. Obama's attempt to ignore the race in front of him shows he is not worthy of my vote in the fall. And the Clinton's do not need Obama's money, especially after she wins the nomination and becomes President.

May 14, 2008 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  4. bmaggiemay

Again? She tried that before. Maybe she is crying for all that money her campaign officials blew. When this race started the Clinton's boasted that she had the richest war chest of all time. Now she'd $20 million in debt and you think she can run a country. Yep, it's definitely the money she'd crying over. It's a good thing she has all those white, uneducated voters supporting her, other wise they be smart enough to know when they are being conned.

May 14, 2008 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |