May 14th, 2008

Hillary Clinton chokes up in CNN interview

CNN

Watch a clip of Wolf Blitzer's interview with Sen. Clinton.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Hillary Clinton choked up Wednesday as she told CNN's Wolf Blitzer that her daughter's presence on the campaign trail had been one of the "most incredibly gratifying experiences of my life."

"Well, it's one of the most incredibly gratifying experiences of my life, as a person and as a mother. I get very emotional," she said. "She is an exceptional person, and she's worked so hard, and she's done such a good job that I'm just filled with pride every time I look at her.

"Obviously, we are very close. We are in communication all the time. But she is doing this because she believes I'd be a good president, but also because she cares so much about our country's future. She did grow up in the White House. She knows what a difference a president makes. If anybody ever doubted what difference a president makes, after seven years of George Bush, I think the doubts should be put to rest.

"So she's doing it because she's my daughter, but she's doing it because, as she says, she's a young American who cares about our future."

Chelsea Clinton, who has been a constant presence on the trail this cycle, was in Puerto Rico Wednesday in advance of the territory's June 1 primary.

Watch Wolf Blitzer's interview with Hillary Clinton at 4 and 6 p.m. ET on CNN's The Situation Room.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Jackie

Here we go again with the tears

May 14, 2008 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  2. Sean

And here come the tears again...

May 14, 2008 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  3. rumpusgoopus

Oy vey.

May 14, 2008 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  4. An American

Yawn, wake me up when the primary season is really over.

May 14, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  5. Ted in CO

Alligator tears for sure.
    She's trying to pull a New Hampshire

May 14, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  6. Cammi317

Awww.....darnit!!!!! Here we go again. Anyone remember that politically manuevered cry in between Iowa and New Hampshire????? Kentucky, she's pandering to you.....

May 14, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  7. jeff from Geneva

Ah you know Wolfie loved every moment of his one-on-one time with the HRC. He's her biggest fan...I'm sure he'll write her name on the ballot next November when Obama is the nominee.

May 14, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  8. Ram

Awwww!! So sweet!!

May 14, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  9. Stacy Clarks

okay, ENOUGH WITH THE CRYING!!!! DO NOT LET THE MILLIONS OF WOMEN WHO VOTED FOR YOU SEE YOU LIKE THIS!!

THEY VOTED FOR YOU BECAUSE THEY THINK YOU ARE TOUGH!!

no one has the right to tell HIll to drop out, but ITS TIME TO UNITE DEMOCRATS!!!

SAY NO TO MCCAIN!!!!

May 14, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  10. fred

You are the greatest Hillary!!

Don't give up...that it to the convention!! Obama hasn't got a prayer in November!!

If Obama is the nominee....WRITE IN HILLARY!!!

May 14, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  11. dems unite

LOL

May 14, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  12. Oh! The Irony

Is she playing the crying game again? I thought she used this twice already?

"There's no crying in politics!"

May 14, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  13. Franky

I told you I broke the "genetic code" code! LOL!!!!

Alright Wolf, you're close. I hope you finish it off, LOL!!!!! Na'h, nah'h I'm just playing...LOL!!!

May 14, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  14. Ralph clinton

another gimmick! please get over it already Hillary, it is over.

May 14, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  15. Bridgette

I think it is understandable that she is proud of her daughter. And you can also see that they are close. Regardless of who you back and I am not a Clinton supporter but I can see the pride swell in her when she looks at her daughter. I do think she is doing this to prove something to herself and not so much because she cares for the American public but I do think that was a geniune moment. And hope people do not bash her for it.

May 14, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  16. This race is over

CNN, you need to seriously reconsider what you report as "news"...come on now...

May 14, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  17. Mike in California

Please people...put your hatchets away...it's a mother talking who is incredibly proud of her daughter. Leave it at that.

May 14, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  18. brian

here come the tears . unite dems for obama 08,

May 14, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  19. FreshAir

care to post the video?

CNN should start posting photograph descriptions instead of the photographs... "Candidate shakes hands with voters in AP photo". That would be consistent with how video is handled around here. Pretty ironic for a TV broadcaster.

May 14, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  20. Beltway Insider

She doesn't even seem sincere when talking about her own daughter. I swear to god she must be a sociopath.

May 14, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  21. Ivar

cry baby 1 to cry baby 2

May 14, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  22. QU

And this is exactly what we need in the white house

/sarcasm

May 14, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  23. Christopher W. Mannoia

It's and act! Remember some months ago when she started crying, and her ratings went up? Well, here we go again. Nothing has changed except Senator Obama has widened his superdelegate lead, and picked up some awesome support from past chairmen of the S.E.C.; it's time for Hillary to call it a day...

May 14, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  24. Eliot from Chicago, Illinois

The crying game again.

New Hampshire bag of tricks.

Will she cry negotiating with the new Russian Premier?

May 14, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |