May 14th, 2008

Hillary Clinton chokes up in CNN interview

CNN

Watch a clip of Wolf Blitzer's interview with Sen. Clinton.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Hillary Clinton choked up Wednesday as she told CNN's Wolf Blitzer that her daughter's presence on the campaign trail had been one of the "most incredibly gratifying experiences of my life."

"Well, it's one of the most incredibly gratifying experiences of my life, as a person and as a mother. I get very emotional," she said. "She is an exceptional person, and she's worked so hard, and she's done such a good job that I'm just filled with pride every time I look at her.

"Obviously, we are very close. We are in communication all the time. But she is doing this because she believes I'd be a good president, but also because she cares so much about our country's future. She did grow up in the White House. She knows what a difference a president makes. If anybody ever doubted what difference a president makes, after seven years of George Bush, I think the doubts should be put to rest.

"So she's doing it because she's my daughter, but she's doing it because, as she says, she's a young American who cares about our future."

Chelsea Clinton, who has been a constant presence on the trail this cycle, was in Puerto Rico Wednesday in advance of the territory's June 1 primary.

Watch Wolf Blitzer's interview with Hillary Clinton at 4 and 6 p.m. ET on CNN's The Situation Room.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. geriatric

All the signs of deep depression and a nervous breakdown... Weeps easily, delusional, irrational. Please Clinton campaign,.. get Hillary some help.

May 14, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  2. IceMountain, michigan

Seriously, WHY is she still doing this:(

3. len

Wow. She's human.

Of course, Obama prides himself on his Vulcan heritage. He has his people for human things like emotions.

4. Roger

No racist Obama!

Hillary or McCain!

5. sean

I've been wondering when she'd pull it out again. Ever since Super Tuesday, it's been well known that she'd have to play the "crying card" again at some point.

Sigh.

6. Jeff D, South Bend, IN

Here we go again with the crying.

7. kelley

OH CRY ME A RIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL B SO GLAD WHEN THIS IS OVER!!!!!!!!! OBAMA IS THE WINNER, WAKE UP NUTBAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Repubican

Do we really need a President who is constantly crying to get media attention? Come on! Is she going to cry when she gets that 3 am phonecall?!!

9. Joseph, Los Angeles

The race card was played in WV and it's hard to have any feelings for her tears. I hope Mr. Obama does not pick her for VP. The Republicans would rally against that ticket so strongly we Democrats would lose big time. They don't mind Obama but her negatives would haunt his campaign and destroy it.

10. Media blackout Date May 15th

Really......

Again......

okay.....

she's doing it because she knows her role in the Clinton family saga and thinks in 8 years she too can gimmick the American people to electing her president.

Hey Hillary, please tell us about that sniper fire again please.

Hillary Clinton, the Gimmick Candidate
    Bill and Hillary, The Gimmick Family
    Do and Say Anything '08 ! :D

11. mrtulip

Cry me a River, or better said I got tears in my pants when she goes emotinal again.

12. Fedup

What's wrong with a woman being proud of her daughter? First she's seen as not being human enough, and when she lets us see her human side some people scoff. Typical of our male oriented society! Hillary for President - you go girl!!!

13. TF

Chelsea should be commended for dignified behavior out on the campaign trail. Although I don't see a political future ahead of her, I'm sure she will be very successful in her own right.

That being said, however, it's time for her mother to end this race and unify the Democratic party going forward. Perhaps Chelsea, more than anyone, is best in a position to share this message with Senator Clinton.

14. Mike

Don't be so hateful people. We are all in this together, and she can no longer win. Time to start being Democrats not Obama or Clinton supporters. Lets come together and get this thing done! The last thing we want to do is alienate the Clinton supporters and drive them to McCain because then we have failed on so many levels.

15. Joe in NoVa

Oh, come on you cynics. She's not talking about how much she believes she is the best and crying because others don't realize it. She's crying because she loves her daughter and is proud of all the hard work she's put in during the campaign. Give Clinton a little credit.

16. Pamela, Sacramento

Oh well, if sympathy helped the first time, why not try it a second...
    PLEASE!!!!!

17. bringin the pain

white people love there kids, but you losers wouldnt know that

18. ChangeWeCanBelieveIn

If Hillary is unable to keep her emotions in check and remain composed during a CNN interview, how can we expect her to do so during truly critical moments? Like at 3am, when the phone rings....

19. zina

I'm sure that she's proud of her daughter, but it's so hard to believe this isn't scripted coming from her. It's been known for sometime that the Clinton campaign is trying to push a "softer side". Sorry dear, I'm not falling for it again.

20. Crystal Mitchell

We understand, what about Bill??????????You have not choked up about him throughout this whole experience.You even had your daughter speal about how you would be a better president then your husband was. What was that about? Anyway you have to cry you are a woman. Not a man, a woman. Stop crying . Rejoyce welcome to the Obama team!!!!!!!

21. Phyllis in Buffalo

Oh no.....here she goes again. I'm sorry but I am just sick of this woman's face! Please Hillary, concede so we can get on with some serious campaigning for the general election. Have some pride, check your ego at the door and let's get on with getting the republicans out of the White House. You have got to know by now that you're just hurting the party. You can't really be that delusional, can you?

22. tar

I guess since Sen. Clinton cried the last time and picked up some votes, then she will try to get some more votes by crying.

I do not know whether she is bipolar, schizo or just will try anything to get votes.

23. carolinas

It is alright to have emotional attachment to your daughter Chelsea and to America. But you lied, did very negative campaign against Obama and not trust worthy when it comes to money, taxes and your experience. Please gracefully leave and really help Obama as you said in the media.

Obama has a good organisation skill, intelligent and honest.

Obama 2008..

24. James, CA

You people really need to get a life. You slam her if she shows no emotion, you slam her as fake if she does. She's proud of her daughter, big deal! Just goes to prove the American electorate pays attention to everything but important issues. CNN shouldn't even be writing a story about it. But it sure did catch the intended audience...

25. CP-Texas

Don't like her, but I can understand her pride in her daughter and getting emotional about it. However, fool me once, shame on me, try and fool me twice, shame on you!

Obama 08'