May 14th, 2008

Hillary Clinton chokes up in CNN interview

CNN

Watch a clip of Wolf Blitzer's interview with Sen. Clinton.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Hillary Clinton choked up Wednesday as she told CNN's Wolf Blitzer that her daughter's presence on the campaign trail had been one of the "most incredibly gratifying experiences of my life."

"Well, it's one of the most incredibly gratifying experiences of my life, as a person and as a mother. I get very emotional," she said. "She is an exceptional person, and she's worked so hard, and she's done such a good job that I'm just filled with pride every time I look at her.

"Obviously, we are very close. We are in communication all the time. But she is doing this because she believes I'd be a good president, but also because she cares so much about our country's future. She did grow up in the White House. She knows what a difference a president makes. If anybody ever doubted what difference a president makes, after seven years of George Bush, I think the doubts should be put to rest.

"So she's doing it because she's my daughter, but she's doing it because, as she says, she's a young American who cares about our future."

Chelsea Clinton, who has been a constant presence on the trail this cycle, was in Puerto Rico Wednesday in advance of the territory's June 1 primary.

Watch Wolf Blitzer's interview with Hillary Clinton at 4 and 6 p.m. ET on CNN's The Situation Room.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Time,GA

I have not problem it Hillary Clinton. I am a african-american male age 39 in GA. I have always and will be a Hillary fan. I did support Barrack not because I am black because I believe in what is is speaking. Please let judge people for people and not for anything else.

May 14, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  2. Edwin from Fayetteville, NC

If she is crying now, what will she do when Sen. Obama gets the nomination?

May 14, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  3. Tina

sadly a bunch of her supporters will still fall for it

4. Dawit

Just shup up and go away!

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Do you really think we are stupids?

5. USMC Ret

isn't this game getting a little old? Take your toys and head home – you are not the party nomination – now leave us alone!

6. Angus McDugan

Crocodile tears... Also setting Chelsea up for the run in about 12 to 16 years.

7. Danny

What's you mean about "CHOKES UP"? Did Obama lobby in the Hill is not a CHOKES UP? This is bad MEDIA your just want to knock Hillary down and your MEDIA is not American at all.....support a divided candidate. So, my question did your guy proud of your children? I think every should proud of our children when they doing some thing good like
    Hillary daughter. Look Obama wife proud to be American in first time too
    this is not a CHOKES UP?

8. Barbara - 65 yr old white female in NC

Gag me with a spoon – since when does a frigid ruthless person ever shed real tears.

It's another act. What does she want now? $20 million of sympathy donations?

9. Peter

Obama supporters you are a copy machine.
    HILLARY 08 THE MOST QUALIFIED AND PREPARED

10. sb

Here we go again. What a load of crap. They will lie, cheat and anthing else. Does the country really need a president that crys at the drop of a hat or uses it to gain sympathy support.

11. Jon

Why is this even a story? So she got emotional, so what!

12. spencer

Hillary Your are definately the best choice for president....Don't Let Howard"the duck"Dean try to bully you about Florida and Michigan..Stand you ground...And after the process is over he needs to be fired..

13. charles

who cares.

14. WDC

Hillary has everything planned – do not ever think she is not extremmely bright and extremely dishonest. She is nothing but a pile of half truths. EVerything is calculated, and there is no level too low for her to stoop to.

15. Robert

Good for you, Hillary. Show emotion!! Let the people who claim you are heartless, now whine because you show you aren't. Obama supporters are the poorest sports I have ever seen. If you aren't for him, they hint that you are racist. They can call Hillary "a monster" but if someone speaks out that he isn't specific about much that he will do, they cry that we and Hillary are being negative. Trust me, for the first time, this democrat will be voting Republican if Obama is the nominee. I would prefer a split government, democratic congress and republican president, than having Obama as president. Now, you poor whiners, call me a racist.

16. Roger

Let's raise that persentage of Hillary supporters that will not support Obama!

Hillary or McCain!

17. Josua Ghosn

Keeping Clinton`s Dinasty alive!!!!

May 14, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  18. shirley ann

This woman would do anyhting to win. Hear she goes Again. The crying game.

May 14, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  19. Lisa in Canada

Such a Drama QUEEN. I don't know what America is gonna do with her. GOOD LUCK. I pray for us all, cause if America makes that decision we are DOOMED.

May 14, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  20. Dale, Cincinatti

Mrs. Clinton is an impressive woman. It is too bad she wants to be President for selfish reason's. I would have voted for her, but it is obvious she is self motivated, by the way her campaign "Changes" all the time. Mr. Obama is steady (except to defend himself from her attacks)

May 14, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  21. Robin

She is so good in that. Maybe she gets some votes again. Is she also going to cry at 3am when she picks up the red phone?

May 14, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  22. Leah DiMarco, Texas

Millions of women in America have daughters that they are proud of. Senator Obama has TWO daughters that he is proud of.

Of course Chelsea wants Hillary and Bill in the White House – Chelsea will get the perks ;)

Hillary never does anything without a reason and if she choked up on TV then it just another ploy to drum up votes.

Come on America don't fall for it again!

No more Bush/Clinton/Clinton/Bush etc...

America needs change – America needs Obama

May 14, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  23. vic m.

It is better for Hillary to accept defeat now and may be receive the vp position than to be stuborn till the end and gain nothing.
    It is very clear to the whole world that she has lost the game, even among her friends.
    I think what she is doing now looks foolish to even a baby.

May 14, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  24. Cry me a river

This is why she should not be President. We need someone in office that can handle emotions. We don't need someone who is going to cry all the time. This is twice now she has either let her tears flow. Is she doing this as a ploy now thinking she will get more votes? Who knows, but the United States needs a President who can handle extreamly emotional times and not fall apart. Wheather we look at it this way or not, mant\y countries will see this as a sign of weakness. That is the last thing we need right now!

May 14, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  25. CES

Sen. Clinton – Gov. Dean just called – he said something about destroying the party – you can cry all you want – just leave PLEASE

May 14, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |