May 14th, 2008

Hillary Clinton chokes up in CNN interview

CNN

Watch a clip of Wolf Blitzer's interview with Sen. Clinton.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Hillary Clinton choked up Wednesday as she told CNN's Wolf Blitzer that her daughter's presence on the campaign trail had been one of the "most incredibly gratifying experiences of my life."

"Well, it's one of the most incredibly gratifying experiences of my life, as a person and as a mother. I get very emotional," she said. "She is an exceptional person, and she's worked so hard, and she's done such a good job that I'm just filled with pride every time I look at her.

"Obviously, we are very close. We are in communication all the time. But she is doing this because she believes I'd be a good president, but also because she cares so much about our country's future. She did grow up in the White House. She knows what a difference a president makes. If anybody ever doubted what difference a president makes, after seven years of George Bush, I think the doubts should be put to rest.

"So she's doing it because she's my daughter, but she's doing it because, as she says, she's a young American who cares about our future."

Chelsea Clinton, who has been a constant presence on the trail this cycle, was in Puerto Rico Wednesday in advance of the territory's June 1 primary.

Watch Wolf Blitzer's interview with Hillary Clinton at 4 and 6 p.m. ET on CNN's The Situation Room.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Henriette Wayne

Holy moly, she's got a whole slew of personalities: Cuckholded Wife, Pistol Packin' Mama, Jive-Talker (at black chuches only), War Hawk, Peacenik, Feminist, Sweet Old-Fashioned Girl, Karla Rove ("Obama's not a Muslim... as far as I know.") Poor Bill Clinton, how does he deal with it? Not that they live together, mind you...

May 14, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  2. Concerned

How do you people (bloggers) think we can come together in June to be unified if you keep writing hate comments. It only divides us in November and we lose.

The Republicans are also blogging hate comments to keep us divided come November. Don't let them do ths to us!

Unite Democrats...........unite!, please!

May 14, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  3. LINDA,FL

what was that about?

We are lucky – clintons do not have grandchildren – otherwise we will follow with them to kinder garden to listen same phony baby talking there.

Still – who is paying NOW for all those trips, including to PR?
    And who is paying those vendors in rural areas?

Seems – nobody.
    So...what this woman is promising us , hardworking Americans of all colors , when she is not paying her bills?
    My bank would not credit me, when i am not paying.
    Why should we credit our votes to this irresponsible person?
    p.s. I also thought, Candidate is paying from her own pocket for ice-cream, not waiting for the aids with campaign's check book with insufficient funds.
    (That is about aiming to rule the economy of the Great country).

Oh, well.
    It is time for me to send next check to Obama.
    Is there any fool to send check to clintons?

May 14, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  4. Christina-KY

oh and tex...proper grammar please...typical uneducated

May 14, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  5. Rich

Just another drama queen...all that was missing was a box of tissues and a violin...turn off the tears Hillary and go bake some cookies

May 14, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  6. Ito, Yokosuka Japan

Oh Lord, here comes the rain...By the way Tex, I wonder what Chelsea thinks after 28 years of listening to her parents. Oh, the horror...no wonder Chelsea's a robot. Just like the Clinton's would like every other American to be. The sooner Hillary Clinton is out the better off we all shall be. It must be quite painful for her to have to bridle her venemous tongue. The Clintons have always thought highly of themselves.

May 14, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  7. sally Stovall

3 Questions for HIllary:
    #1- You keep claiming you have a lot of experience. Can you precisely specify what experience you have? I only know of being a senator and First Lady of US and Arkansas. Are you implying that you and Bill had a co-presidency that gives you experience that Barack does not have? (that you were the woman behind hte man?) Or that as First Lady you were privy and part of major national decisions which you were not elected to do?
    #2 Before you entered the MI & FL races, you and those states knew that the delegates would not be seated because they chose to violate Party rules. (Explains why Obama didn't run). How can you now insist on a change of the rules AFTER the fact? How can you insist on changing hte rules after the game is played?
    #3 How can you insist on helping people out of their mortgage problems when they got themselves into it? If they took the gamble and lost, why should the rest of us who work hard, and live conservatively have our tax dollars bail them out? Vegas doesn't refund gambling losses. We taxpayers shouldn't either. If they didn't read, and make sure they understood what they were signing, then they shouldn't have been signing, or else had hired someone to help them.

May 14, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  8. Debbie,NJ

She should get a nice payment for doing this interview. I hope she uses it wisely and pay her bills and not put out campaign ads.

May 14, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  9. Chris, Middletown, CT

You have to be kidding….the crying Clinton is out again?? I thought that was on the schedule for Friday…..not Wednesday….I guess I have the weeks mixed up….

Please PLEASE HRC supporters…..research her many positions….don't vote on gender or race….vote on character and policy….and that will lead you to Obama….

10. Florida-livin

Just a question but how come the Clinton camp believes that they would do so well in Florida when every on knows she got half the votes in Fl and Mi. off name recognition. The media never says his but if they both campaigned here it would hard fought and the margin would be nowhere near what the spin cycles claim. I am here and i like rules. some Floridians know that there are rules. Regardless and we have to abide by them. if we want to blama anyone blame Gov. Christ.

11. ok

OK CNN we get it, you have at least 5 links to this article.

12. Fernando

She was asked a question FOR GOD'S SAKE... she is not suddenly just crying. Obama supporters have got to stop this stupid attacks !!!

You are the reason this party is falling apart, you are obnoxious and BLIND !

HILLARY '08 or MCCAIN '08 !

13. Dylan

Oh my God. The first time around, I fell for it. But this seems like another ploy to generate sympathy from women and make this about gender.

NOT THIS TIME, HILLARY.

14. hillary supporter GA

I think its really sad the lack of respect some of you have for this woman.

15. Phil From VA

Cry your way out. Please get out.

16. rachel

you guys are ridiculous, the obama supporters that is. I mean no mention that she said that it would be a mistake for her supporters to vote for mccain over Obama ? of course not, because Obama supporters like to find anything belittle Hillary about. POST CNN.

17. pa voter

You want to call someone a liar, just look at Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!now a flag pin. Rev Wright.....oh thats right he didn't hear him say those things. ...MO.....proud of the first time...oh now wait...she didn't mean that....This is why the party will never come together....this is why I will vote for McCain. Atleast he has something to say.....And not just a nice speech....if I want to be preached to I will go to church.....And if you watch something other than cnn you will find out a lot more about this man......but wait, you don't want to hear it.

18. Canadian Cate

to all you in-human hillary bashers – remember karma – what goes around comes around. . . you should all be ashamed of yourselves – hope you all have a good day!

19. Ted van Tol

Tex,

The childeren of Obama are not even 10 years old!
    Rev. Wright is over and out. Hillary lost. Take that as it is.
    Look at the future and be proud of your next President!

Obama 2008

May 14, 2008 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |
  20. CNN, Report The News!

Two superdelegates representing College Democrats of America endorsed Obama this morning – but CNN doesn't mention it – but CNN makes an article out of Hillary "choking up"?

21. Rita

Obama supporters truly display their true colors. How can you call yourselves Americans when you have so much hate and so easily express it? Continue expressing your hate, just remember someday it will come back to hunt you.
    Just proves that Hillary is a person who will stick close, listen and cares for not only her daughter, but also her country.

22. Ohio Citizen

Well Chelsea is pretty cool. She should be proud. You all should just shut up. As a parent, I understand how she feels.

May 14, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  23. KP, FL

Tex,

I'll tell you what they think. They think the same thing as all of the supporters of Obama do, that this great (not always good) nation is in need of change. And as soon as Obama is elected president, I will be very proud of my country for the first time in my adult life as well. By the way, I am proud, just not very right now.

May 14, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  24. Patriot

One of the many moods of Hilary? lol

I have to tell you people; every I recall Hilary's different moods of drama in her 'reality campaign', they just crack me up. lol

My favorite is, "Shame on you, Barack O'bama!"
    Scolding like O'bama's mom. lol

O'bama ran just the opposite and smooth sailing campaign: NO DRAMA!

A nation as large and as powerful as ours needs a President with an even keel - No Drama O'bama!

May 14, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  25. vict

If OBAMA did anything like this or even less they will say he is whyning but when they do it they are emotional you guys can fool some people but not everybody it is over

May 14, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |