May 14th, 2008

Hillary Clinton chokes up in CNN interview

CNN

Watch a clip of Wolf Blitzer's interview with Sen. Clinton.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Hillary Clinton choked up Wednesday as she told CNN's Wolf Blitzer that her daughter's presence on the campaign trail had been one of the "most incredibly gratifying experiences of my life."

"Well, it's one of the most incredibly gratifying experiences of my life, as a person and as a mother. I get very emotional," she said. "She is an exceptional person, and she's worked so hard, and she's done such a good job that I'm just filled with pride every time I look at her.

"Obviously, we are very close. We are in communication all the time. But she is doing this because she believes I'd be a good president, but also because she cares so much about our country's future. She did grow up in the White House. She knows what a difference a president makes. If anybody ever doubted what difference a president makes, after seven years of George Bush, I think the doubts should be put to rest.

"So she's doing it because she's my daughter, but she's doing it because, as she says, she's a young American who cares about our future."

Chelsea Clinton, who has been a constant presence on the trail this cycle, was in Puerto Rico Wednesday in advance of the territory's June 1 primary.

Watch Wolf Blitzer's interview with Hillary Clinton at 4 and 6 p.m. ET on CNN's The Situation Room.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Adedokun from Atlanta

Even if she shed blood, i have not reason to believe her again

May 14, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  2. Andy H

Oh lord... an interview by Wolf Blitzer. Could you choose anyone more blindly pro-Hillary? Hes practically on her payroll.

May 14, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  3. Dusacre

Hillary, I feel your pain. It is time to let go. Accepting reality is not the same as quitting. You are spending more and more money that some one else will end up paying you back. This is not fair to those of us who have to sent you the very little we have. Edwards did not do.

May 14, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  4. gerald strother

Will she cry negotiating with the new Russian Premier YES SHE WOULD IF HE COULD VOLT FOR HER ,THE CLINITON HAS NO SHAME IT IS OVER! SHE NEEDS TO GET A LIFE!!

May 14, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  5. TRACI

I started not knowin alot about Obama and loved the clintons from before. I was not voting for her becasue she was a woman or him becasue he is half black. Peole forgrt that he is biracial and after following this race I have been very offended by some f the commens made by the Clinton and will vote for Obama if he is the winner. I will vote for whoever the democrat nominee is period and democrats need to do the same if you vote for Mccain because Obama is Black or becasue Hilary is a woman that is just Silly. We need a change and it starts with us voting for our chosen party . Mccain may have a great past but for America we need a new future to help all of us live better.

May 14, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  6. GOD IS IN CONTROL

Wolf Blitzer, I truely feel pity for u and i was so touch when ur eyes beginning to get moist... It was such a very human and touching Wolf-Blitzer kind of moment...

May 14, 2008 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  7. BOB

BYE BYE HILLBILLY!

May 14, 2008 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  8. Stanley

i don't get it. is she gonna cry her way to the office and out of a crisis?

May 14, 2008 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  9. Karen Alex

It takes a strong family to bond together when there is so much negativity. Our country need someone with a strong family background. If you can stand together in the bad times, you will be able to conquer the task that is before you. I believe that the Clinton's have stood strong in this election because of their family values that make a difference in life. Yes, mistakes were made but who can judge a person real integrity without looking in the mirror. I commend Mrs. Clinton for running this race until the end. I appreicate their failures exposed in this election. It shows that they are human and not above the people in their country. I really have alot of respect for Mr. Clinton and Chelsea for supporting Mrs. Clinton to push forward and do not look back, and especially do not quit. I believe that if not for the negative judgment of their personal life she would have made America proud to call her President of the United States. Everyone has private closets that they do not want the world to open the doors. Just look at it like this Mr. & Mrs. Clinton what more can the world bring forth on your family. Hold your heads up and repent to the Lord and move on to the destiny that he has prepared you for. Because, others candidates will be exposed and then nobody can say they judged wrong it will be to late they will have to live with the consequences of the judgement that they have brought upon your family. With the election race you ran you should be crying rivers of water but do not stay there long get up and move on. When you know you have done your best in the end that is all that counts. I am very proud of you as being a lady that would not quit. I have much love and respect for you and your family.

May 14, 2008 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  10. NO-BAMA

ANY MOTHER – WITH A DAUGHTER AS BEAUTIFUL, TALENTED, AND INTELLEGENT AS CHELSEA WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A "SOFT-SPOT" FOR THIER DAUGHTER....

Hillary, Chelsea makes us ALL proud....

CHELSEA WILL ALWAYS BE OUR "FIRST DAUGHTER" !!! :)

OREGON
    HILLARY

May 14, 2008 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  11. Lord Benny

Is Sen. Clinton crying because Sen. Obama is the nominee or what?

May 14, 2008 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  12. Out of towner

I think the sad thing is that this could be real emotion; there may be nothing fake about this at all. But we all know the story of the boy who cried wolf

May 14, 2008 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  13. dtwynn

This woman uses every ploy in the book, enough is enough. Her integrity is nil.Whoever falls for this is an idiot.

May 14, 2008 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  14. Martha

I'm not a Clinton supporter but nothing wrong with showing strong emotions for the achievements of your child. Touching, shows she cares deeply for her child.

May 14, 2008 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  15. Venus The Super star

Clinton has done very well and I'm proud of her and her daughter Chelsea. All these Obama supporters are so negative it's disturbing.

May 14, 2008 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  16. Marilyn

Some of the posters before me must get some sort of satisfaction to be able to post things that are cruel. Who's paying attention to those types of comments anyways....Hillary's comments reflect her feelings about her daughter, Chelsea. Too bad if you didn't get that.....

May 14, 2008 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  17. Jim South Dakota

I am sick of her and wish her and Bill would just go away, go buy and island some where and do whatever it is they do. I am sick how any state that they win is a big swing state or a big state, or there is hard working white Americans. I guess if you live in the heartland or you are a hard working African American, Asian American, Hispanic American, etc... your vote just doesn't count as what is needed to win the presidental contest. I would bet money that some of these so called red states will be in the democratic camp this year, most are tired of Bush policies. Which is a reflection of the Republican Party. I am an Obama supporter. But you know for once I would like to see other political parties have candidates from the Green Party, or Independents etc... get equal air time to voice positions and have the opportunity to govern an American nation.

May 14, 2008 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  18. Independent

At least she has the common sense to chastise her supporters that would choose McCain if she didn't win. I do appreciate her speaking out against that.

May 14, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  19. Travis

Clinton supporters your leader has spoken.

"..anyone who supported me ... needs to understand what a grave error it would be not to vote for Sen. Obama".

Can we please stop picking on Hillary now!!

May 14, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  20. Concerned Canadian

Very sad to see all these Obamabots express so much hatred , mistrust and vulgarity.

I firmly believe, if Obama is the nominee and the Obama supporters keep this behaviour up when Obama is trying to run for President, these people will have no friends......McCain will be in the White House and thats the bottom line.

After this point in US politcal history, you'll never see an African American be a candidate for the Presidential nominee for either party
    again.

To be pro-active on this matter, there will never be a Latino as a Presidential nominee either.

May 14, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  21. Darlene

You people just like to Hillary hate....sounds like you're jealous to me.....or maybe you feel threatened by her? What if she's just a good person that cares about America....has anyone ever thought of that?

May 14, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  22. CB2

Give me a break!!!!! I didn't see any tears.

Tex: you need to stop already!! Rev Wright's church has done more for the African American than our own government. So, please don't talk about Barack Obama being a member of the church. Rev. Wright did not speak those things every Sunday you ignorant person!!!

It is so easy for you to discount Barack, his wife and family. You don't know that man. Grow up please!!! I would love to see you run out of a job where someone says racial jokes, or church when the pastor/rabbi mention something controversial. Practice what you preach. Rev Wright said some very controversial things at the pulpit. And to me that is the only mistake he made. He is entitled to feel what he feels, but he should not have said it in church.

There are you happy...now get over it.

May 14, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  23. BOB

SHAME ON YOU WOLF!

May 14, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  24. Christopher Abate

Shame on you Blitzer. Is that what you call choking?

Give me a pretzel and I'll show you what it means to choke.

Stop crying wolf (no pun intended).

May 14, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  25. david

Many times tears a part of our human strenght..............Go Hillary

May 14, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |