May 14th, 2008

Hillary Clinton chokes up in CNN interview

CNN

Watch a clip of Wolf Blitzer's interview with Sen. Clinton.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Hillary Clinton choked up Wednesday as she told CNN's Wolf Blitzer that her daughter's presence on the campaign trail had been one of the "most incredibly gratifying experiences of my life."

"Well, it's one of the most incredibly gratifying experiences of my life, as a person and as a mother. I get very emotional," she said. "She is an exceptional person, and she's worked so hard, and she's done such a good job that I'm just filled with pride every time I look at her.

"Obviously, we are very close. We are in communication all the time. But she is doing this because she believes I'd be a good president, but also because she cares so much about our country's future. She did grow up in the White House. She knows what a difference a president makes. If anybody ever doubted what difference a president makes, after seven years of George Bush, I think the doubts should be put to rest.

"So she's doing it because she's my daughter, but she's doing it because, as she says, she's a young American who cares about our future."

Chelsea Clinton, who has been a constant presence on the trail this cycle, was in Puerto Rico Wednesday in advance of the territory's June 1 primary.

Watch Wolf Blitzer's interview with Hillary Clinton at 4 and 6 p.m. ET on CNN's The Situation Room.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Lucas, Nashville TN

She's officially losing, then. She only cries when she's losing.

Got news for you Hillary: People in Oregon and Montana are still too smart to fall for it. You're done. Dead horse.

2. Marc in DeKalb, IL

Sorry, Queenie, repeating your fake emotional outbursts like New Hampshire won't help you "find your voice" when you are behind in EVERY category possible.

3. Brian

Maybe if I turn on the waterworks again . . .

4. CES

Oh please Hillary – quit playing us like fools and ttake a ride into the sunset – did you do many shots in WVA to show the good folks there you're 'one of them'???

We don't need change – we MUST have change.

5. Old Women from Minnesota for Barack

Here she goes again...Will she cry the terrorists to defeat when it comes to national security? What a disgrace to all women in the country.

Also, is this a set-up for Chelsea's run for president in 8 years?

6. proud army and navy mom

is she back to crying again? give me a break. this woman has no real emotion, if she did, she would have kicked bill to the curb years ago.

7. Chris In California

I just love her. She is REAL. We know what we are getting with Hillary Clinton as our next President. She has always done well by the people of this country and I know she will continue to do well by us in getting this country back on track from her first day in the Oval Office in January 2009.

8. Matt (UK)

She's doing for America? Yeah right? Nice way to setting your daughter for stage! It's not a birth right!

9. Ivar

I beg of Clintons to shut up. I am fed up of these former "have beens".

10. Chris, Middletown, CT

You have to be kidding....the crying Clinton is out again?? I thought that was on the schedule for Friday...not Thursday....I guess I have the weeks mixed up....

Please HRC supporters.....research her many positions....don't vote on gender or race....vote on character and policy....and that will lead you to Obama....

11. christoph

i hope she chokes on her tongue! this woman is so false, and full of lies, one of the most annoying people on the planet; someone please shut her up!

12. H-ROD

YOU NEED TO JUST GIVE IT UP YOU CAN'T WIN GOD!!!!!

13. Matt

Chelsea is a phenominal speaker and is extremely knowledgeable about so many issues facing our nation. I have seen her speak three times and each time I was impressed with her depth of knowledge and beauty. I am sure Hillary is very proud of her daughter as so many other people in the country are. Go Hillary!

14. Marilyn

Why does she have to show her weakness? There is a time and place for all of this. The world sees her as a weak candidate because she cries to much. She is not strong to run this country. She need to stop doing this and it is not good for her. I am a Obama fan and he needs someone strong to stand beside him if he becomes President of the United States not someone who have to carry a box of tissue everywhere she goes.

15. Unshrub

Boo hoo hoo! She tried that one before.

16. ILuvObama

Awwwww, how sweet. It is so nice that she can take all that time off from her 6 figure job, while the rest of young America has to work, just to buy a tank of gas.

17. American Girl

Oh no... There goes the tears! Hillary please stop!

It is time for you to exit the election in a smooth way.
    You are not liked by a lot of people in this country. If this battle was between you and a more senior opponent you would be gone.

Men will not vote for you.
    Republicans will not vote for you.
    Many Obama supporters will not vote for you.

Teh difference between you and Barack is that he's new to the scene so his past got magnified for the primaries. If you win the nomination, you and Bill have a great deal of baggage the Republicans will bring to the surface.

You have a relationship with Rezko and Wright.
    You have issues with your Pastor.
    You have scandals with finances bot in your campaign, personal accounts and prior elections.
    You have a suicide ( murder) issue tied to you.
    Peter Paul vs. Clintons
    Lying and Manipulative Spirit

No more tears please!!!!

18. Change 2008 - Dallas, TX

He we go again. Sen. Clinton's "by any means necessary" to win the primary.

19. IF, Lisbon

Is she going back to the tear business? I wish she'd make up her mind between "testiculare fortutude" and the whimpers. Chelsea was pulled into the campaign as soon as Hillary realized the Clinton name might not be enough to win her the nomination, she's campaigned for her mother for a few months. Does Hillary have to get teary in public? (particularly when there's a camera around)...

20. Unite to Save our Nation

Oh geez. Reminds me of the crying just before the New Hampshire primary. Come on.

21. Jason

Oh my god! Are you serious!!! She is crying AGAIN!!!! I know her husband used that lame trick all the time. But she knows full well, after New Hampshire, that this will affect the vote. Cry so you feel sorry for her and vote for her. This is so petty.

22. Obama v McCain

she also said her daughter was jogging around the twin towers when they collapsed..nice try Hil..

23. Stop the crying

Here we go again. Worked in NH, but it is not going to work this time.

24. Ronnie in WVA

She can sure turn on the niceness when the votes count

25. New Day

I guess her new campaign slogan will be:

Hillary '08:
    Even my daughter likes me