May 14th, 2008

Hillary Clinton chokes up in CNN interview

CNN

Watch a clip of Wolf Blitzer's interview with Sen. Clinton.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Hillary Clinton choked up Wednesday as she told CNN's Wolf Blitzer that her daughter's presence on the campaign trail had been one of the "most incredibly gratifying experiences of my life."

"Well, it's one of the most incredibly gratifying experiences of my life, as a person and as a mother. I get very emotional," she said. "She is an exceptional person, and she's worked so hard, and she's done such a good job that I'm just filled with pride every time I look at her.

"Obviously, we are very close. We are in communication all the time. But she is doing this because she believes I'd be a good president, but also because she cares so much about our country's future. She did grow up in the White House. She knows what a difference a president makes. If anybody ever doubted what difference a president makes, after seven years of George Bush, I think the doubts should be put to rest.

"So she's doing it because she's my daughter, but she's doing it because, as she says, she's a young American who cares about our future."

Chelsea Clinton, who has been a constant presence on the trail this cycle, was in Puerto Rico Wednesday in advance of the territory's June 1 primary.

Watch Wolf Blitzer's interview with Hillary Clinton at 4 and 6 p.m. ET on CNN's The Situation Room.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. WIll

Well.. thats peachy.

You ask her anything else, Wolf?

May 14, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  2. Paul

Go Hillary go! – no, really, just go (away)!!

May 14, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  3. Erik - Dallas, TX

Yes, she maybe very proud of her daughter, but give us a break on the tears. How many times is she going to choke up to get votes? One minute she is STRONG, and a FIGHTER, and the next minute she is defenseless and crying.

WHAT WILL THIS WOMAN NOT DUE TO WIN??

She is currently pushing her elderly mother out on trail and now again pushing her own daughter to do the same. Man, this makes me question if Bill is campaigning on his own accord. Hhhhmmmm?

Obama 08 & 12

May 14, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  4. joe

She is trying the tears again.....I know my President can not CRY.

May 14, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  5. Freddy

YOU GO GIRL. ALOT OF US ARE BEHIND YOU 100%

May 14, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  6. wisdom

joyce @#$SC.
    Chelsea should run for public offices in future.

7. Joan Ross

No comment.

8. Concerned Democrat

Tears started to flow when things did not look good in New Hampshire and people rallied behind her (ie..felt sorry for her). Now, she's at it again because she's at the end. I had more respect and admiration for Hillary before New Hampshire and I can't support this feable form of politics.

9. Josa in Iowa

Blah, blah, blah Joyce and yes we can. Get a life. Your usurper has almost stolen what is rightfully Hillary's!

I "HOPE" NOBAMA knows what he's doing.....

Go HILLARY, GO!

10. USAF Sr. Airman

Oh wow. She's playing the emotions card. Come on you robot, are you so desperate you are going to try that tactic again? Actually, I view this as weakness. We don't need our leader looking soft and weak.

CNN NEWS UPDATE:

Clinton chokes up when talking about daughter.

Obama gets some Super Delegates or something....

But Clinton shows emotion!

11. jb

What a nasty bunch of people-Hillary has dedicated her entire adult life to public service and she has travelled all over the country for many many months now and is exhausted. I'm tired of hearing about Obama's "BRILLIANT" campaign. Hillary has stayed competitive with a lot less money and she's taken a beating in the press compared to Obama! Sounds like sour grapes to me!

12. sozzi

Phony as phony can be.

13. Laura

Wow didn't she choke up and cry as well just befor New Hampshire?
    I hope that we all unite ...it can't be said enough. Please folks as the saying goes "don't cut off your nose to spite your face" All those who want to pull the "I'll show you Obama" mantra, will find themselves wondering what they have done at the end of the day. If you want to pay higher prices fro gas as well as have the draft back...be my guest. Do not forget that it is not Obama stopping the MI and FL votes from being counted. It was the rule breaking itself. Remeber also that Bill Clinton during his term pardoned two of the weather undergorund activists while they where in jail. Whether you want Hillary or Obama...remember we need to stick together and not listen to rumor or inuendo. Always, always get thefacts first.

14. Eric, California

Clinton 08 ( or McCain!)

NOBAMA!

15. california voter

Joyce, Yeswecan, you are pittful people. You are so much the reason so many people cannot stomach obama's campaign (or are you for mccain?).

16. Hillary or McCain

She should be proud. Chelsea is a lovely young lady.

17. Mrs.Ricks

Chelesa has become a beautiful young woman who believe in her Mother and rightly so, although I am totally for change and Obama I do respect she and Mrs. Clinton for trying very hard to win this race. Thank you

18. Eric

SO presidential to cry. Not falling for it, you fake.

19. constance

It is nice to be proud of your daughter, but everytime she has gotten choked up, people have voted for her. Not this time Hil. On top of that stop whining about Michigan and FL. Obama followed the rules and didn't campeign here in FL so people thought their votes were not going to make a difference, and his name was not on the ballot in Michigan so how can you seat those deligates? I'm just saying.

20. Jason in TX

Yes, Chelsea worked SO HARD to have a six-figure salaried do-nothing job thrown at her right out of college. I bet that was just so tough. Just like it was so excrutiatingly difficult to be waited on hand and foot by the White House staff when she was growing up.

Im sorry, WHO is out of touch???

21. jay

Please! It's not going to work this time.

22. X in Ann Arbor

She probably *is* proud of her daughter and everything, but unfortunately she already played the crying card twice already.

23. ladymary

no TEARS????????????? Someone is slipping..there should have been tears, Kleenex and someone to put a loving arm around her shoulder (there was, but Bill got distracted). Give me a break Hillary. Don't come back to NY and think you'll get my vote for Senator or dog catcher. I know fake when I see it.

24. Roger

Just listen to the low-life Obama supporters bashing Hillary for being emotional over her daughter campaigning for her. Definately no Obama! Only Hillary or McCain!

25. johnd

Hillary must have been particularly proud when Chelsea backed up her version of sniper fire in Bosnia. Just a chip off the block. Makes tears come to my eyes too.