May 15th, 2008

Biden calls Bush comments 'bulls**t'

Biden had some strong words for the president.
Biden had some strong words for the president.

(CNN) - The chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee Joe Biden, D-Delaware, called President Bush’s comments accusing Sen. Barack Obama and other Democrats of wanting to appease terrorists "bulls**t” and said if the president disagrees so strongly with the idea of talking to Iran then he needs to fire his secretaries of State and Defense, both of whom Biden said have pushed to sit down with the Iranians.

“This is bullshit. This is malarkey. This is outrageous. Outrageous for the president of the United States to go to a foreign country, sit in the Knesset…and make this kind of ridiculous statement,” Biden said angrily in a brief interview just off the Senate floor.

“He’s the guy who’s weakened us. He’s the guy that’s increased the number of terrorists in the world. His policies have produced this vulnerability the United States has. His intelligence community pointed that out not me. The NIE has pointed that out and what are you talking about, is he going to fire Condi Rice? Condi Rice has talked about the need to sit down. So his first two appeasers are Rice and Gates. I hope he comes home and does something.”

He quoted Gates saying Wednesday that we “need to figure out a way to develop some leverage and then sit down and talk with them.”

Filed under: Joe Biden
soundoff (1,221 Responses)
  1. in Philadelphia

I think Biden would be a great VP Choice for Obama.

May 15, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  2. snow

biden is so sexy, he should be VP to Hillary. HILLARY 08

May 15, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  3. Anita from Arizona

WOW, that's some strong language Biden, but very appropriate for that kind of talk from Bush. I think Bush is "losing his bearrings".

May 15, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  4. Bob

biden who?

May 15, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  5. Michael in Lorton, Virginia

My hatt off to Joe Biden........call it like you see it.......How in God's name this Bush ever get elected!!!!!!!!!!!!Doesn't say much for us as a American society.

May 15, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  6. Joe from Alaska

Biden for secretary of state

May 15, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  7. proud army and navy mom

that's why i love this guy, Sen Biden, he tells it exactly like it is. He would make an excellent VP

May 15, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  8. Are You For Serious!!!!!!

All I have to say is way to call it Joe " No Bull" Biden. I mean why are we so scared to sit and talk to someone. I mean the number one rule of war is keep your friends close, but your enimies even closer. seems to me that atleast if you talk you may be able to better understand what they want and why they hate us so much.

May 15, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  9. Marge Hibbing Mn

That's all bush talk is.....bull....but coming from Biden another obama supporter who can't win a nomination, he has run many times before. So what does he do, support obama because he doesn't want people to think a woman could get the nod and he couldn"t.

May 15, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  10. Len

Thank you senator Biden! My God he has a backbone!

May 15, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  11. Democrat

You Go Biden! Because his entire 2 terms is nothing but a big steaming pile of "marlarky"

May 15, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  12. Students for Obama, Univeristy of Nevada

Leave it to Biden, ha-ha. Way to speak the truth, sir. You're a neat guy and it was a pleasure to meet you.

OBAMA

May 15, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  13. Bill

Amen Joe. Why this guy isn't in Obama's or Hillary's position now, I do not know. I guess because it takes a smooth-talking, word-twisting, sugar-coating person to be a successful politician. Biden is a successful LEADER; I guess too many among us can't stomach plain truth and blunt words. At this point, I will settle for him as Sec'y of State. GO BIDEN

May 15, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  14. James Moore

I love Joe BIDEN...He speaks his mind. I hope OBAMA nominates him Secretary of State!

May 15, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  15. JDL, Florida

Finally, a politician that thinks and talks like a rational American and isn't afraid to tell it like it is.

We need more of you, Sen. Biden.

Thank you!

May 15, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  16. Jason

I like Biden

May 15, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  17. Tinisha

Thank you Sen. Biden for calling out Mr. Bush and his bull$h!T.

May 15, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  18. Leagued

Bravo Joe Biden...Bravo!! Well said!!

May 15, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  19. Keith

My thoughts exactly. Biden is an honest guy

May 15, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  20. Students for Obama, University of Nevada

OBAMA

May 15, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  21. Mark

Man I love Biden.
    Obama/Biden 08 would be unstoppable. Charisma with amazing experience and wisdom.

May 15, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  22. Surendra from Pelham manor, NY

Senator Biden called it perfectly. This president has to go abroad to talk like this speaks mountain about his lack of foreign policy since he came to power.

May 15, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  23. Joy Munro

Senator Biden and Senator Obama are so eager to talk to Iran with no substance behind it and then denie they ever said it. What a sham!

What makes them so sure they will do and undo as in Iraq and Afganastan what it has taken 4 presidents to do thus far and thousands of year of bitterness and hatred to overcome?

These Senators are all full of hot air, and there is always someone there to fluff their ball bags; i.e. the media.

It is a disgrace I can't stomack listening to these Democrats any more. I pray I am not alone...

May 15, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  24. ana

wow...i heart joe biden

May 15, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  25. John

Yet another reason the Democrats would be better off with Biden at the top of the ticket!! Not Obama!!!

May 15, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |