May 18th, 2008

Clinton: 'Think about this as a hiring decision'

Sen. Hillary Clinton has vowed to stay in the race until all states have a say.
Sen. Hillary Clinton has vowed to stay in the race until all states have a say.

(CNN) - Despite Sen. Barack Obama's commanding lead in the delegate count, Sen. Hillary Clinton campaigned hard Sunday, telling voters she's "running for the toughest job in the world."

Clinton spent her weekend in Kentucky, which, along with Oregon, holds its Democratic contest Tuesday.

Clinton is favored in Kentucky, while polls show Obama with a comfortable lead in Oregon.

Speaking in Bowling Green, the senator from New York said it was a "treat" to have the whole state to herself since Obama would not be returning there.

Clinton has faced calls to drop out of the race since she trails Obama across all fronts - pledged delegates, superdelegates and the popular vote.

Clinton has recently been claiming a lead over Obama in the popular vote, a debatable claim, especially because the Democratic National Committee doesn't count the votes of Florida and Michigan, which Clinton does.

Florida and Michigan were stripped of their delegates for scheduling their primaries too early, and Clinton was the only top-tier candidate whose name was on the ballot in Michigan.

Clinton's campaign also excludes the caucus states in their popular vote count.

Read full story

1. LT for Obama

Okay, why do people keep saying that Obama has speeches.

Logically speaking, what exactly is Hillary doing when she is on the stump? You guessed it, giving a speech. Hmmmm...... something to think about don't you think?

During his speeches, he gives solutions just like she does. I know this because I listened to his speech yesterday that was full of solutions. Ya'll just don't like the fact that he actually beat her because she was unprepared for him and mismanaged her campaign and finances and you need someone to blame since you obviously don't want to lay blame where blame is due.

May 18, 2008 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  2. Chris from Texas

Hillary, your resume is attractive. I am tempted to hire you but just for a check,
    Our Country values experience very much; infact, next to INTEGRITY. Now you lied about your experience (Bosnia sniper fire, Norther Ireland peace, etc). So your lack of integrity makes me doubt your experience.

Better luck next time!

May 18, 2008 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  3. Timothy

Obama will make a good President Yes he will and I am praying and hoping that he will win in the General Election. Almight God is in control and if God want Obama to be President Obama will be President because God have the last word. Obama have the right just like Hillary and Mccain and any one eles to want to lead this country in a postive direction, In my opinion, this would be a good thing for the country for a Black man to lead to bring about unity. I don't understand why it always have to be a White male to lead. Other race have the right to lead too.

May 18, 2008 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  4. David Buddingh Naperville, IL

Hillary Supporters in Indiana after her election victory" "Count the votes, Count the votes"

Does that not include caucus states?

give me a break. What will Hillary come up with next week to justify staying in the race? Perhaps count the only the votes of her supporters?

May 18, 2008 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  5. Allison Marie

The DNC is a joke along with the "Party Elites" trying to fix the outcome.

I live in Florida, and I don't understand the DNC saying our votes don't count when we were sent fliers encouraging us to vote & that they would count! Lots of double talk.

Obama, is very dirty, and he removed his name from Michigan so he (an attorney) could agrue his name wasn't on the ballot! Here in Florida most people think they will vote McCain or stay at home if Obama becomes the nominee with his dirty tricks.

The DNC should rethink their boycotting Florida & Michigan since they both play such a vital role in a general election. All votes count if they are manipulated than it's not demoracy, oh yeah I forgot that's not what you want.

I don't understand calls for Clinton to get out when everyone hasn't voted yet...............and for those of you that say math applies, it also applies to Obama, in any of the possible outcomes, it's not the voters that make the difference it's the superdelegates. And they should keep in mind the cheating by the Obama camp in Florida & Michigan, and also keep in mind all the voters 2.3 million whose civil rights have been violated, doesn't look good for a general election, if Clinton is not the nominee!

Uncount in Florida

May 18, 2008 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  6. Shirley, Silicon Valley, CA

She is DELUSIONAL AND TWISTED!

With her twisted math ability to count popular votes, no wonder her campaign is $21,000,000+ in red!

The majority voters have already casted their votes not to hire her!

May 18, 2008 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  7. Mikey

AK in LA:

Obama never said he would not wear a flag pin. He just said that wearing one doesn't make a person patriotic. I guess you will criticize him if he wears one and you will criticize him if he doesn't.

I'm glad to see you are considering the important issues. Please tell me you don't actually vote.

BTW: Can we add Michigan Voter !!! to our list of Republican Trolls not worth listening to? Oh, and Michigan Voter; you will eat your words in November when Obama WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (see, I can use more exclamation points than you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

May 18, 2008 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  8. Charlotte

I believe Hillary is the best qualified to be President. I would be pleased to have her run my country. I am country first, party second. I will write Hillary Clinton on my ballot in November. I will not stay home and not vote at all. If a write-in for Hillary gives the election to McCain, then so be it. See you in November, I am done with this garbage. I have not even watched CNN since Cafferty made his horrible comments regarding Hillary. You Obama-bots make me sick with your stupid comments..

May 18, 2008 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  9. LaWanda , Georgia

This competition for the democratic presidential nomination reminds me of the competition of management with Donald Trump. He gives them tasks to manage and complete and evaluate their performance. Hillary and Obama were given the tasks of managing a campaign as if they were president of our country. Hillary is lagging in every component of the competition and has huge campaign debt. Explain to me how we can afford to take a chance on her managing our economy and future. If it were Donald Trump across the table with them he would say "Hillary , You Are Fired!".

May 18, 2008 06:19 pm at 6:19 pm |
  10. Marie in California

You're hired, Hillary! You are my president!

Don't give up the good fight! Save us from Obama. If the Dems don't want you.....go Independent. We'll follow you!

Hillary – 2008

May 18, 2008 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  11. TYE

JOSH you said it all!!! I am a Floridian ans was in Florida most of my life. To see people making less than $250,000k per year bragging about they would vote for Bush only (remember I was there) because there employer said to work for me you must vote for bush was more important than their kids. Wow it still makes me mad. Lets get real. Some of us dont care about our kids their kids nor ourselves. Why? Because my mom and Pap's did'nt. We are products of our envioments. Wheather good or bad. The real Question is. Who will I become my Momm, my Dad My Kids or Me

May 18, 2008 06:23 pm at 6:23 pm |
  12. jmarie

Hiring decision?

I'll take the honest, ethicial, non-manipulative one.

sorry Ms. Clinton; I'll hire Mr. Obama.

May 18, 2008 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  13. matt

hillary just picks whatever 'fuzzy math' favors her. no presidential election has ever been based on the popular vote in the history of the united states so why claim it as being important now? she is so vain

May 18, 2008 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  14. FactCheck

This is the campaign she *should* have been running instead of going negative and playing the hate card. The best lessons are often learned too late.

May 18, 2008 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  15. DrFill

She raises less money.
    Wins less.
    Cries more.
    Uses race-baiting.
    Has a bad case of the "Misremembers"
    Has bad credit.
    Makes poor investments.
    Can't do simple arithmetic.
    Is most adept at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
    Now she wants me to make her a CEO?
    All within the last year!
    What a resume!
    We can skip the background check
    DrFill

May 18, 2008 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  16. Linda, Chandler AZ

She is NOT AHEAD IN THE POPULAR VOTE!! What's with you people? You can't count Florida, where millions of people didn't even vote because they knew it wouldn't count – and you certainly can't count Michigan, where Obama wasn't even ON THE BALLOT!!!! And to get to this crazy number where she claims she's ahead she is DISCOUNTING all the caucus states!!! So, who's disenfranchising who??? This woman is DONE! The people have made their choice...and their choice is BARACK OBAMA!!!

May 18, 2008 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  17. Fran

I have been saying this all along, why should someone get hired for the most powerful position in the world with limited experience? And Romney said it perfectly, "the presidency is not an internship." Hire based on qualifications not affirmative action. All you women out there, show the old boys club that we can do the job better than men, vote for Hillary.

May 18, 2008 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  18. Don Fl

TO all you Obama people for your information Obama is a LIAR too. He is just like the rest of them just a better LIAR with no experience just like Bush. This Dem will be voting for Mccain.

May 18, 2008 06:37 pm at 6:37 pm |
  19. SD

This race should not be ended prematurely. It needs to go on to the convention. It can be very positive for Democrats.

Neither Hillary nor Obama will have enough elected delegates, whether or not FL and/or MI are counted.

Superdelegates can/should reset their allegiance to either of the candidates and make a decision around the convention time.

In the mean time both Hillary and Obama can take on McCain campaign and frustrate it. They can raise funds for presidential election. Both can have fun publicly pretending to be the likely nominee.

At the convention one of the two can be on top of the ticket and the other as VP - let the super delegates decide on how they fare as campaigners against McCain. The very purpose of super-delegates to make a decision when the electorate gives a divided mandate as it has done this primary season.

SD

May 18, 2008 06:40 pm at 6:40 pm |
  20. Ivan

General election is not Caucuses, all Americans is not far left, nor every one is sold out on speeches.
    People don't hire baby seater they don't know much about.
    Home owners don't just hand out there houses to be remodeled to the contractor who haven't done remodeling and have no idea where the studs are behind the drywall.
    I was supporting Sen. Obama till Feb. but that was a mistake.

May 18, 2008 06:42 pm at 6:42 pm |
  21. Carol Michigan Voter

Typical White male from Michigan – excuse me, but you describe yourself as one of the very few, the elite who doesn't have to worry about the cost of gas, cost of food, healthcare etc etc. But that you call me, and Obama supporter who does have to worry about all of the above elite?

Excuse me, but you like Hillary has never had to worry about those things or go without are the elite.

May 18, 2008 06:42 pm at 6:42 pm |
  22. Mikey

Please add Dazed and Confused to the list of disrespectful idiots and probable Republican trolls.

There will be many reasons to celebrate on 1/20/09 and the fact that Barack Obama will be Dazed and Confused's President will be one of them.

May 18, 2008 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  23. Bond

My prediction:
    Clinton will win big in Kentucky. Obama will narrowly win Oregon.
    Verdict, at this point, it doesn't matter. Obama is already the presumptive nominee. He only needs 17 delegates to win the majority pledged delegates. I have a good feeling that he will get these delegates.

This is music to me. I love Obama. He is my hero, and right now, America needs a hero.

May 18, 2008 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  24. Trenton Sims, Los Angeles

Ok HILLARY ..as your potential new boss.. I would have you Drug tested.. to attempt to determine the source cause of your Dementia, Hallucenations and Pathological Lies.
    If the Drug test comes back negative. I would order Psychological Examination..
    There is definately something wrong with you..

In fact I wonder why I would even waste the time and money trying to figure out why you are so twisted sister... My Gut tells me there is something bad inside you.. and you cannot be trusted any further than I could pick you up and throw you.

May 18, 2008 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  25. Anna, SW Missouri

Hillary wants us to look at this as a hiring decision, but she doesn't understand that most of us have already done that and chose Obama over her. As a professional woman, I was appalled that Hillary tried to use her husband's credentials as her own on her resume. I do not know any woman that has said "I am married to a successful man, so hire me" That is like an RN that is married to a doctor saying that I stood by my husband doctor while he was doing surgery, so I am qualified to do surgery on you now!

As one that has applied for different jobs in the past, one of the things listed is also experience, so when I look to vote for someone, I do look at experience, and I find that Barack Obama has more experience as and elected official than Hillary does. He has also taught constitutional law, which, by the way the current President could have used some of that knowledge. He also worked a a community organizer for 3 years. Hillary worked for the Children's Defense Fund for less than one year before she took the elitist position with the Rose Law firm. Of course, we cannot forget that Hillary served on the Board of Directors of Walmart!

Another qualification to get most jobs is integrity and honesty. Hillary has shown us this election cycle that she has neither.

One final thing that most employers want to know is if the person will be a team player. Hillary has shown that she is in this just for herself at the detriment of the Democratic Party. She continues to try to drive home that she is being treated unfairly and instead of making sure that women know that they will lose their right to choose if they vote for McCain, she is trying to stir up trouble for Obama with women.

The last qualification is where the candidate wants to take the country, and Hillary wants to take us back to the 1990's instead of the future. She also seems hell bent on sending women's rights back to the 1960's.

Hillary needs to understand that she does not qualify for the job of the Presidency of the UNITED States of America because she is only applying for the job as President of the States that voted for her. To the rest she would repeat her comments of "screw them"

May 18, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |