May 19th, 2008

Clinton cites Karl Rove as reason to stay in

Hillary Clinton campaigns in Kentucky Monday ahead of the states primary.
Hillary Clinton campaigns in Kentucky Monday ahead of the states primary.

PRESTONSBURG, Kentucky (CNN) – Hillary Clinton defended her reasoning for staying in the presidential race Monday afternoon by pointing out that Karl Rove's analysis shows her to be the strongest candidate against John McCain in November.

“There has been a lot of analysis about which of us is stronger to win against Sen. McCain, and I believe I am the stronger candidate,” said Clinton, repeating a line from her stump speech.

Then she veered from her usual argument.

“Just today I found some curious support for that position when one of the TV networks released an analysis done by – of all people – Karl Rove, saying that I was the stronger candidate,” said Clinton. “Somebody go a hold of his analysis and there it is.”

Clinton was referring to electoral maps drawn up by Karl Rove’s consulting firm that were obtained by ABC and forecast her currently leading McCain in the electoral college by 53 votes (259-206), while Obama trails McCain by 17 (238-221)

270 electoral votes are needed to win November’s election.

Clinton continued to push for Florida and Michigan’s delegates to be seated but said that even if that happens, the race won’t be over.

“Once we include Florida and Michigan, neither Sen. Obama nor I will have enough delegates to get the nomination so there is no way that this is going to end any time soon because we’re going to keep fighting for the nomination.”

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. GnosticMan

OK Hillary, YOU ARE NOW GRANTING LEGITIMACY TO KARL EFFIN ROVE IN YOUR DESPERATE ATTEMPT AT ASCENSION! Hillary I was really hoping you would exit this program with some kind of dignity but now you are just totally full of bovine excrement!

May 19, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  2. J

You know you're losing when....

May 19, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  3. Venus

This gets better every day!

She is showing future woman what not to do if they run for president!

Karl Rove-------– says Hillary can beat Mc Cain but she can't beat Obama?

Go Bam! Every thing Hillary does makes you look better!

May 19, 2008 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  4. Rob

Wow Karl Rove..

Are you serious...she just said her reason is Karl Rove??..

I'm sorry but this women is just awful my god...any one who still supports that women is crazy

May 19, 2008 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  5. beverly

HILLARY YOU HAVE BECOME SO PATHETIC,YOU WOULD LISTEN TO ANY THING THAT KARL ROVE HAS TO ,SAY THIS MAIN BELONGS IN JAIL. (SHAME ON YOU) YOU HAVE JUST JOIN THE LIST OF LOSERS, BUSH, ROVE, AND NOW YOU.

May 19, 2008 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  6. Jawahar Chirimar

is clinton waiting hoping that someone will listen to Huckabee's jokes about guns pointed at obama?

May 19, 2008 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  7. anonymous

Yes, WE THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES.

PROBLEMS:
    -Obama doesn't care about "us"
    -Obama's "UNITED 48 STATES out of 50" or maybe "46 out of 50"–he doesn't think that West Virginia and Kentucky are important for him, so people who live there can get by without him. Forget about Florida and Michigan unless he needs them. Thanks Barack, but you seem to have a BIG problem with math here if you can't figure out how many STATES ALL TOGETHER are in our UNION, how many isolated TERRITORIES WE HAVE WHICH YOU NEED IN NOVEMBER.
    -"N-U-M-B-E-R OF D-E-L-E-G-A-T-E-S" is the MOST IMPORTANT FOR YOU. Um, HELLO, ANYBODY HOME? Do we have a corresponding system of 1 delegate per person? I don't think so. So, just so that you know Senator I AM NOT VOTING FOR YOU!!! You can stand on your head, but I AM NOT VOTING FOR YOU!!! You can buy votes of superdelegates, which is very sad, but you can't get my vote even if you were to sell every last piece of your clothes and campaign naked, I am still NOT VOTING FOR YOU!!! Have a safe flight back to Chicago, where you can do politics "YOUR OLD CHICAGO STYLE WAY".

May 19, 2008 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |