May 20th, 2008

Exit polls: Voters want the Democratic race to continue

(CNN) - The Democrats' long fight for the nomination does not seem to be a major concern for voters in Oregon. CNN's Oregon voter poll shows 62 percent say they'll be satisfied if the campaign continues. Only 28 percent say the campaign should end as soon a possible.

Filed under: Exit Polls
  1. David Self

He may be black and white but I do not see too much of his white side.. I have been a Democrat my entire life but am not going to vote for a person whose experience is one year running a senate office and his Illinois experience of hiding from voting.

May 20, 2008 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  2. Mike in California

CNN...please post this comment:

Dear Jack Cafferty,
    Can you look at this poll before you say that Hillary is a dinner guest that doesn't know it's time to leave! I am one of the nearly 17 million people who proudly cast their vote for Hillary and was deeply, deeply, offended by that comment. This is the Democratic primary and us Democrats want it to continue!

May 20, 2008 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  3. anon

Cue the:

"He can't win in November!"

and

"If not Hillary, I'll vote for McCain!"

and

"Let's start a Hillary Clinton write in campaign!"

_____________________________________________________

It gets kind of redundant after a while folks. It's been heard enough. Just do it already!

Keep this in mind Clinton fanatics – if you vote McCain to spite Obama, what do you think Obama supporters will do when your precious Queen appointee runs in 2012?

May 20, 2008 07:08 pm at 7:08 pm |
  4. FrankCT

It's nice, that Hillary can continue to collect more money to her failed campaign and pay back that 7 million dollar debt she owes. She is genius with the hook and sinker.

May 20, 2008 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  5. Jeanie in Oregon has Hope and wants change

Im In Oregon

we do not have exit polls

What the heck???

Where are you getting this information???

May 20, 2008 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  6. LNAB

Obama is not electable...and his inability to win the popular vote is proof of it

May 20, 2008 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  7. Illinois 2

Senator Obama will probably be the nominee for the democratic party when the votes are all count, however, when the general election takes place the same old racist views will follow and the age factor.

As for this Illinois voter, I will be voting for John McCain for President and not changing my vote or thinking twice who is the most qualified.....

May 20, 2008 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  8. Beverly, NYC

Please this primary has gone on tooooo long. Like Hillary Clinton I am wishing for rule changes as far as this primary process is concerned. Can we have 6 months of state visits and one Super Tuesday where all the states vote for the nominees then on to the final in November. It would safe a lot of time, money, nail biting & rancor seen this season. Oregonians are happy because this time their vote will actually matter to the nominee, in past elections the nominee was known long before this.

May 20, 2008 07:11 pm at 7:11 pm |
  9. Montana Deb

I will vote for Hillary, and I want to have the chance to have my vote count in June...after that, I want all the states to have their votes counted. In my mind, Hillary is the most qualified candidate. I want the person to do the job...at person is someone I can respect. There will be no 'coming around' to any other Democratic candidate. Also, for every 'sniper fire' , there is an opportunity to remember there are only 50 states...not 60.

May 20, 2008 07:14 pm at 7:14 pm |
  10. Shirley-Ohio

Let them vote, their votes will matter for something but not for who gets the nomination.

May 20, 2008 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  11. JC

What are those non-committed superdelegates doing?
    Waiting for the party to implode?

May 20, 2008 07:19 pm at 7:19 pm |
  12. stan Pollock, Renton, Washington

Voters who claim that they would vote for McCain if their candidate in the Democratic Party did not win must be brain dead. Over 70% of voters say the country is headed in the wrong direction, and President Bush's approval rating is lower than any president in our history. Both Bush and McCain support the war, free trade. permanent tax cuts for the rich, jobs shipped to China and India, wages being lowered because of illegal immigration, etc., etc.,etc.. Let me see if I understand these people. You will subject this country to another four to eight years of the Bush policy because your candidate didn't win the primary? The problem is not because of President Bush, but is because of the brain dead citizens who voted him into office. How bad does this economy or the money being spent and stolen in this obscene war have to get before people start using their brain again?

May 20, 2008 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  13. Terrence (Winston Salem,NC)

QUESTION: Do you think that after Clinton's actions this primary season (if by some chance Obama loses in the fall) she will get the nomination in 2012? Not, many of Obama's voters are young voters. They are not likely to forget her behavior this year.

More than this, what do you think she's done for women who run in the future? They will have to prove they are "not like Clinton" to get votes.

May 20, 2008 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |
  14. Jeanne

I'd like to see the race end quickly after the last primary election. At that point, Clinton and her supporters should fall quickly in behind the likely nominee and unite the party. Otherwise, McCain will likely be president for the next 4 years and the country will continue with the same failed policies of the Bush administration.

May 20, 2008 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  15. Indiana Joe

In the end, HILLARY will win the Democrat Party nomination. Obama will go to the convention without sufficient pledged delegates to win on the first ballot. Once Michigan and Florida are counted, he will not have enough Superdelegates to win the necessary 2229 votes for the nomination. By that time, the Convention will be thrown open. Hillary will emerge because she had the largest, electoral rich states voting for her. She had all the important groups – with the exception of the Black population – to win the general election. Obama won states with only 219 electoral votes. That's not enough to win the Presidency. Hillary has won states that total 300 electoral votes. Superdelegates cannot be that dumb. They will go with Hillary because she can beat McCain and the Democrat Party will then win Congress too in 2008. Obama is history. Good try, come back and run again when you're grown up.

May 20, 2008 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  16. Terrence (Winston Salem,NC)

QUESTION: Do you think that after Clinton's actions this primary season (if by some chance Obama loses in the fall) she will get the nomination in 2012? Not! Many of Obama's voters are young voters. They are not likely to forget her behavior this year.

May 20, 2008 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  17. Diamond Ebs

Even after the last primaries in Montana and South Dakota, voters will still want the primary to continue. Maybe we should add a few more primaries from Saudi Arabia, Kazakhstan, Cayman Islands.

May 20, 2008 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  18. Texas Dem

Yes we do want the race to continue. It's only the Obama people who want it to end.
    And Florida and Michigan should count. If I were a FL or MI voter and my delegates didn't get seated, I would be incredibly ticked (and probably leave the Democratic party). It's not the voters faults the primaries got moved up. Their votes should count just like any other state's.

May 20, 2008 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  19. RB

Yeah, the ignorant, racists ones who still think HRC can win. I have an idea: let's "appease" Iran by giving them WV, KY, and HRC?!!

May 20, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  20. HEM

DNC SHOULD CHANGE IT!S CONSTITUTIONFOR FUTURE ELECTING THE NOMINEE .FOLLOW WHO GETS HIGHEST VOTES WINS SHORT AND SIMPLE. SUPER DELEGATES NO MORE COZ THEY ARE FLIP &FLOP.

May 20, 2008 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  21. stop the madness

WHO THE HECK ARE THEY POLLING????? I FOR ONE WANT THIS MESS TO BE OVER LIKE LAST MONTH!!!

I THINK IT IS A SHAME THAT HILLARY IS STILL IN THIS WITH LITTLE TO NO CHANCE OF WINNING BESIDES THE FACT THAT SHE CAN ONLY DO SO BY THEFT OR DESTROYING OBAMA AND PARTY!!!

THAT'S A LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2008 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  22. PF Harlock

David Self wrote:
    "He may be black and white but I do not see too much of his white side."

You are one disgusting racist.

May 20, 2008 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  23. D R

CNN wants it to continue, that's for sure. It will be nice to get back to the news! As soon as Oregon go's for Obama, another landslide of super delegates move his way!

May 20, 2008 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  24. SC for Hillary

THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY WILL PAY IN NOVEMBER WITH A FLAWED CANDIDATE LIKE OBAMA, THIS IS A YEAR THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY SHOULD WIN BY A LANDSLIDE, BUT WITH OBAMA THE NOMINEE, JOHN MCCAIN WILL WIN BY A LANDSLIDE, ALL OF HILLARY SUPPORTERS INCLUDED MYSELF AND ALL THE AFRICAN AMERICANS I KNOW WILL DEFINITELY VOTE FOR JOHN MCCAIN, AND I WILL LET THEM KNOW IF THEY DON'T WANT TO VOTE FOR JOHN MCCAIN, STAY HOME.

May 20, 2008 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |
  25. Just a Thought

I voted for Hillary. Looks like I will be voting for McCain in November. I guess you can count me as one of the poor uneducated Hillary supporters. What turned me off Obama is a wife who looked down to women like Hillary who has a husband with a roving eye like Bill with her " I can keep my house in order" comment. Honestly, I also think Obama is not even an eloquent speaker. Not presidential at all.

May 20, 2008 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |