May 20th, 2008

New York's governor hospitalized for migraine-like symptoms

Paterson took over as New York's governor after Eliot Spitzer resigned amid a scandal.

NEW YORK (CNN) - New York Gov. David Paterson was hospitalized early Tuesday after suffering "migraine-like symptoms," his office reported.

"He asked to be brought to the Mount Sinai Medical Center for an evaluation. He was evaluated and all preliminary tests were normal," a statement from Paterson's office said.

"He is now resting comfortably and will undergo further tests during the course of the day."

According to his official biography, Tuesday is Paterson's 54th birthday.

Paterson, who was previously New York's lieutenant governor, took office in March following Eliot Spitzer's resignation amid his alleged connection to a prostitution ring.

He is New York's first African-American governor, and the state's first legally blind governor.

Filed under: David Paterson
  1. Ron Feuer

Nope Derrick from Houston...I live in NC...am a transplanted New Yorker. Texas only produces dumb presidents and dumb voters, and u are the latter of those two. Vote on, ya idiot! This gov has migrains probably from overworking his prostate gland...u are too naive to know that though.

May 20, 2008 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  2. Linda Leake

Have a safe and speady recovery gov.my prayers go out to you and your family-North Carolina in the house. come on now lets not be ignorant to the cause, just wish the gov a speady recovery that is not hard- lets not show our true colors here-don't play with illness especially with a blind man-obama supporters had nothing to do with this-and I am a Obama supporter. Well wishes to the gov of N.Y.

May 20, 2008 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm |
  3. Texas Trail Dog

I feel sorry for the man. I hope he gets well soon.

To you OBAMA hyprocrites. OBAMA is yelling lay off my wife. WELL IN THE NINTYS HILLARY WAS FAIR GAME FOR THE MEDIA AND REPUBLICANS WHAT MAKES A WOMAN WHO STOOD WITH YOU AND DENOUNCED AMERICA NOT FAIR GAME.

So set down and shut the h...! OBAMA. There are plenty of us Hillary supporters that do not want you are your wife in the White House. Go visit your DaDa. IF HILLARY DOES NOT GAIN THE NOMINATION THEN IT'S McCAIN FOR ME.

May 20, 2008 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm |
  4. White Female Democrat in PA

Governor Paterson I wish you the best and a speedy recovery.

All of these posts have been hilarious to read on my lunch break!

Why is the GOP attacking Michelle Obama?
    Have the lost their minds or just temporarily forgotten about Cindy McCain's drug addiction to pills and her just this past week selling her holdings to companies that do business in Sudan! I mean do the Republicans really want to play a dirty game cause if so they have a lot more dirt!

Voting Democrat only on November 4, 2008

May 20, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  5. syj

it is so disheartening reading a negative e-mail about hilary or obama
    or john mccain.
    this is america? what are we? do we really forget that the world is watching? and so are our children adults!

May 20, 2008 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  6. Belle

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Gov.

May 20, 2008 01:42 pm at 1:42 pm |
  7. Joseph Adewole

Get well soon man!

May 20, 2008 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  8. John, London

@ Debby

So what's your point?

Michele Obama as First lady YUK?

What then is McCaine's wife as first lady or Bill Clinton and First Gentleman?

Think about your posting and lets know what conclusion you comes to. Silly Bigot........

May 20, 2008 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  9. Tom

May not be a migraine. This sounds like a tension-vascular or tension headache. This is often misdiagnosed as a migraine headache resulting in the wrong treatment. It took me over 6 years and many specialist to get the diagnosis right and in the meantime the migraine treatments were masking the problem and making the headaches worses over the long-term. Stress is very toxic and untreated it can cause more than pain. Our medical system treats symptoms, not people and they look at you funny if you talk about the "mind body connection" of Eastern medicine. The mind body connection of the Eastern world is much more effective in treatment of stress, but the pharmaceuticals companies do not want you to know that. I finally got relief after about 8 years through a blood pressure medicine while I work on the holistic solutions, go figure. I finally found some doctors who are not so Western as to close their minds to the possibilities of a more holistic approach to treating stress and the pain that results.

May 20, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  10. MATTEW KILSBROUGH

I BELIEVE WE ARE IN THE LAST STAGES FOR RACISM I REALLY DO I THINK IT'S DISSAPEARING QUICKLY. IN THE SAME CATEGORY AS ANIMALS BEING EXTINCT. THATS GOOD NEWS.

May 20, 2008 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  11. Dave

I am an Obama supporter 100%! However I have a question: Why in the HE!! are we talking about Sen. Obama when this story is about Gov Patterson?????? Who's idea what that? We should be wishing Gov. Patterson a speedy recovery!

May 20, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  12. Chi-town gurl

I'm flabbergasted by some of the negative and hateful comments made on this blog! Unfortunately, there are some "bitter" and unhappy Americans out there. . . everything isn't about politics. . . .maybe showing some concern for your fellow Americans might come back as a good thing for this small group of "bitter" bloggers should "they" also meet with an unfortunate illness. . . .

Gov. Patterson, please know that America wishes you good health and a speedy recovery. God Bless!!!

May 20, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  13. Pat NY

Newsday just reported on his website that he has acute glucoma, and is undergoing a lazer procedure to relieve pressure. SINCE I have high pressure and routinely get screened for glucoma, I can tell from first hand experience how serious this was.

Thus, again, to all those saying he was a wimp...you are way too ignorant to be permitted use of a computer to post on this website.

May 20, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |