May 21st, 2008

Doctors say Kennedy to be released from hospital this morning

BOSTON (CNN) - Sen. Edward Kennedy, who was hospitalized Saturday after suffering a seizure at his home in Hyannisport, will be released from the hospital this morning about 10, his doctors said.

Full story

Filed under: Ted Kennedy
  1. Charlotte

Obama needs you. Who will lead him around by the nose if you don't make it? I almost forgot about Kerry, never mind.
    I agree with Former President Carter..Hillary is way too strong for the VP position. Everyone would look to her for answers and he would end up a lame duck. I don't know where he will find a running mate that would be weaker then he is. Maybe Dodd or Richardson? I will write Hillary Clinton on my ballot in November, I will not vote for a Mondale clone.

May 21, 2008 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  2. brian

Hey Beatrice in Boston..... grow up.

May 21, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  3. Ostriches burying our heads in the sand

If you can't be nice to him atleast don't be mean....Having lost a parent to a malignancy recently, I know how hard it is for the family to go through the cycles of chemo and other treatment- not knowing what tomorrow holds for them.....may the Senator and his family have the strength to fight this illness....We have you in our prayers....

May 21, 2008 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  4. GaryofCircleville

K and Bruce, I am glad you are there, I thought I was the lone historian. Go soon, Toady, spare us the drama.

May 21, 2008 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  5. Margeaux

If I told you that a man was a drunk, abused his wife (first one) and messed around on her AND killed someone, what would you say? Oh, I forgot to add that his name is Kennedy. If he were J. Smith, you would be kicking him on his way to the gas chamber.

I don't remember this outpouring for Mary Jo.

May 21, 2008 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  6. Charlotte

Anyone who doesn't vote for Obama is a racist?

May 21, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  7. One Love!

God Bless you Senator Kennedy!

May 21, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  8. SN in MN

Wait 'til the Repubs start educating the voters about "Black Liberation Theology".

May 21, 2008 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  9. SN in MN

When this fiasco is dissected, it will become obvious that Kennedy was the fool that started this inta-party war, and will go down in history as the destroyer of the Dem party.

May 21, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  10. Carlos

I wonder what our political system will be like after the old guard
    hands the riens over to the new. Kennedy was a fighter, yet;
    those like obama, pelosi seem not to posses the intestinal fortitude
    for a long protracted political struggle.

Kennedys legacy will be his long struggle in human rights in the face
    of tremendous adversity, even up to and including now.

-DB

May 21, 2008 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  11. Dennis F

I can empathize with what Senator Kennedy is going thru. I when thru cancer treatment 5 years ago. Although it wasn't a brain tumor, my doctors surgically removed a malignant tumor, after which I had additional treatment.

The process is obviously stressful on the patient as well as on all of the family members. I pray that the Senator responds well to his treatment and that God will be give him more time with his family and America.

May 21, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |