May 23rd, 2008

Obama campaign to release report on his personal health

ALT TEXT

(CNN) – Barack Obama's campaign said Friday they will release a summary of the senator's medical records, provided by his primary care doctor, early next week. Republican John McCain released his medical records earlier Friday, and a team of doctors who assembled summary reports on his health answered questions from reporters.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. James

Good...there is nothing much on there anyway.

May 23, 2008 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  2. proud army and navy mom

i don't need to see them, he is the picture of health.

May 23, 2008 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  3. go dems!

Obama can play basketball with the North Carolina team. I think his health is better than most people in their 30s. god bless obama and his family.

yes we can!

May 23, 2008 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  4. Viet Nam Vet

I bet his medical records don't amount to a novel the size of War and Peace like McCain's

May 23, 2008 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  5. fred

LOL, Release a brain scan of Obamas and let us all see if he has one...from the way the talks ...I think it is missing!!

May 23, 2008 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  6. JJ

Smart move on Obama's part.

May 23, 2008 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  7. James , Houston, TX.

Barak will come back with his statement : The Doc's right , but I didn't Inhale !

May 23, 2008 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  8. OBAMA IS IN GOOD HEALTH

DO THE SAME FOR HILARY

May 23, 2008 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  9. James, SC

How can you have 1100+ hundred pages describing your health? John 'Songbird" McCain is not healthy. He is also receiving 100% military medical dissability. This fact only proves that he is NOT healthy.

May 23, 2008 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  10. Mary

Wonder if that report will say anything about his street drug use or cig smoking?

May 23, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  11. zina

He must be really healthy for them to release them early in the week.

May 23, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  12. FREE AND THE BRAVE

Good! Better later than not at all. I believe if Obama had been vetted earlier in this campaign, he wouldn't be ahead right now. You may want to ask, besides cigarettes, what else he has been smoking!

May 23, 2008 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  13. WhoCares

Who cares!!

May 23, 2008 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  14. working girl

... and he's doing this why??

May 23, 2008 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  15. Randy - Denver

Thank you sir, again you do the gracious thing, not because someone requires it of you but because you know it is the right thing. By putting your medical history out there oyu are telling everyone that you think the medical issue is a true issue and not just an "age issue" which it would be if it were only Mr. McCain being forced to do it. Again thank you for your graciousness and honor sir!

May 23, 2008 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  16. Scott, Wichita

Okay, matching McCain step for step
    at least there isnt any debate about these steps (yeah right, I've already heard people saying that McCain paid off the doctors)
    They're both healthy and in great shape. get over it.

May 23, 2008 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  17. Billy from Florida

I hope they release his mental records too.

May 23, 2008 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  18. Will in Richmond, VA

I guess we all have to get aboard the Health Train.

Funny, I don't remember candidates releasing their health reports before this election. Or was it so meaningless that no one ever reported on it?

I think with McCain's age, and previous health problems, we should have this information in order to determine if he will be able to physically stand up to the pressures of the office. But Obama looks pretty healthy though. Except he maybe could use a cheeseburger or two.

May 23, 2008 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  19. obama - supporter - arkansas

GREAT MOVE

he will be as healthy as his mind. and that is 100%
    wonderful

May 23, 2008 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  20. sophia nyc

He looks good to me :)

May 23, 2008 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  21. Less, Austin Tx

He looks fine to me.

Let's move on – straight on ahead to a Brighter Future.

Obama '08

May 23, 2008 03:49 pm at 3:49 pm |
  22. SEE MY NEW ZOOM TEETH

A LOT OF ZOOM THOUGH. GUESS HE HAD TO TAKE CARE OF THE NICOTINE OR WHATEVER TOXIN FROM THE CRACK COCAINE HE USED

May 23, 2008 03:49 pm at 3:49 pm |
  23. R

i don't care about his, nor Hillary's. I don't care about McCain's, but I can understand the concerns of others with him.

May 23, 2008 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  24. Farrell, Houston, Tx

It won't surprise me if John McCain tries to make an argument that he's in better health than Barack Obama. Remeber the spin about John McCain lasting longer on a stress test than a 41 year old. John McCain's mental records are most important, take it from me. My husband(mentally injured), brother(injured both mentally and physically) and brother-in-law(severlly injured both mentally and physically) all served in Vietnam and the services available to them upon return are nothing compared to the improvements of today.

May 23, 2008 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  25. Venus

Way to go Bam! Keep playing basketball and pool!

May 23, 2008 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |