May 23rd, 2008

Obama campaign to release report on his personal health

ALT TEXT

(CNN) – Barack Obama's campaign said Friday they will release a summary of the senator's medical records, provided by his primary care doctor, early next week. Republican John McCain released his medical records earlier Friday, and a team of doctors who assembled summary reports on his health answered questions from reporters.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Army Wife

---and where is Billary's records?

May 23, 2008 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  2. martin

i'm 3 years younger than barack,and i only have one ab left.he looks like he has all of his still.he looks healthy enough to run the country for the next 25 years.fine with me.

May 23, 2008 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  3. SLO Bear

Obama's dedication to fitness, e.g. basketball, sets a necessary example as we solve the healthcare crisis.

May 23, 2008 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  4. greg / switzerland

Dr's Report: Fit to Lead
    Sound mind and body
    Can run the marathon to turn this country around

Diagnosis: Ready on day 1

May 23, 2008 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  5. independant

Dosn't matter. Not electable.

May 23, 2008 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  6. B / NYC

He's fine...
    Smokes to much but he's fine...

May 23, 2008 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  7. Hillary be gone!

Great...now lets have a look at how all that beer chugging and whiskey drinking has affected Hill's health!

May 23, 2008 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  8. Eric

Now Obama ironically wants to release his health records because McCain has. Obama has not clue on running for President. The medai has built him up and the media is going to wash his face with his loss when he loses in November.

May 23, 2008 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  9. Frank

I hope Senator Obama will smile a lot in the next few months, especially since he will do a lot of crying once November comes!

May 23, 2008 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  10. Sam, Florida

No, we won't stand for the campaign's version of cigarette-breath Obama's medical records. We need to see the records themselves and have unbiased reporters pore over them and report on what they find, along with doctors' explanations.

May 23, 2008 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  11. Val

Obama may need to be checked by a doctor again to make sure he is all right as lately he's been forgetting what he said yesterday.

How about this? On May 18 Obama says that Iran is a "tiny" threat, then two days later on May 20 he says Iran is a "grave" threat. Does this make any sense? Can someone please explain these bizzare contradicting statemets? Is he competent to serve as President of the United States?

May 23, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  12. Justin

Hopefully, it includes a drug test.

What he has to say about metting with terrorists does make me wonder?

May 23, 2008 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  13. McMan

Good. Now we will know who's more fit.

May 23, 2008 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  14. L.Bowie

This is absurd to me.... I think a person's medical records should remain private (including McCains). This political season is exposing some very questionnable acts that should have the American people worried. What will be next, Michelle Obama's last gynecological lab results. We need to stay on the issues that matter; Gas prices, housing, global warming, war, economy, education, health care and foreign relations. This whole political season has been a circus. How can we gain the respect of the world if we do not respect ourselves. I could care less about their (candidates) taxes. I care about how they are going to improve the lives of the American citizens. These are the issues that matter to me the most.

May 23, 2008 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  15. David, Paducah, Kentucky

Just another example of Obam's stance on transparency in government. Good job Barack!

May 23, 2008 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  16. Sam, Florida

I think he needs to see the dentist. Looks in this picture like he has a toothache.

May 23, 2008 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  17. Mark

My guess is strong as a bull....and in perfect health!...

DEMOCRATS 08'!!!

May 23, 2008 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  18. Noemi in Los Angeles, CA

Obama, Te Amo!!! Nuestro pais te necesita!! Salvanos de la muerte! Rescatanos! Yo se que tu Si Puedes!!!

Obama 08

May 23, 2008 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  19. independent

my barack is feet and healthy i have told my husband to look like barack cos he looks toO healthy and feet and he his smart looking. god bless u barack u inspire me and my children they have hope on any think they do now than b4 they now no if they work HARD as a minor in the stateS they can get to any were the sky is the limit god bless u barack for changing my childrens thinking as a america citizen ."WE ARE INSPIRED"

May 23, 2008 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  20. Deby

yikes, I bet Hillary dosnt want her medical records
    to come out, Im sure like most women after you find
    your husband is a "cheater" one of the first things
    you would do is to have a full medical checkup!

May 23, 2008 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  21. jonny

Obama is young and vibrant, why would anyone be worried he might drop dead (besides from sniper fire (the real kind, Hillary, not the imaginary kind)). McCain on the other hand looks like he is about to drop dead. Its not just his age and previous medical problems, but he is always hunched over with horrible posture and speaks slow with no enthusiasm.

May 23, 2008 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  22. Swiss in Canada

Fred you are an idiot and yes, Ms Clinton should do the same....

May 23, 2008 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  23. OR Loves Obama

To Fred. LOL. Based on your comment, I think it's not the Obama's brain that needs to be scanned. If I am as intelligent and wise as he is, I would not care what my brain scan shows.

May 23, 2008 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  24. jonny

McCain receives medical disability payments when his wife has over 100 million dollars (and he himself has a decent amount)?!? nice. save that money for vets who CANT afford to pay for their medical bills let alone everything they could possibly ever want.

May 23, 2008 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  25. Dylan

my gosh! my gosh! He is NOT nominated yet and never will be! who cares about his health report!

May 23, 2008 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |