May 24th, 2008

Scenes from the trail: Obama's 'caminata'

ALT TEXT

(Courtesy: CNN's Chris Welch)

BAYAMON, Puerto Rico (CNN) - Barack Obama talked to supporters along a parade route in Bayamon, Puerto Rico, Saturday. The event was referred to as a "caminata," a traditional parade for a candidate on the island.

Standing on the wooden box, Obama told supporters, "I am absolutely confident that if that we keep on working hard, there's no reason why we cant win here in Puerto Rico and if we win Puerto Rico we will win the nomination and if we win the nomination, we will win the general election."

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. IVAN RAMIREZ

OBAMA 2008 PARA PRESIDENTE DESDE PUERTO RICO.

May 24, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  2. Bravo

Democrats!
    Democrats!!
    Democrats!!!
    PLS lets unit and be one family again, one brothers and sisters. It's time we stop fighting each other and come together to fight a common goal to save our country before it's will be too late.

COMMON NOW WE ALL LOVE AMERICA,
    BE IT BLACK, WHITE, HISPANIC, ASIAN, LATINO, AND NATIVE INDIANS ETC.

WE HAVE COME A LONG WAY ACHIEVING PROGRESS IN LIVING IN PEACE WITH ONE ANOTHER LETS NOT LET SOME WACKOS CUS US TO GO BACK.

LETS MACH FORWARD AND SUPPORT ANY OF OUR DEMOCRATIC NOMINEE AND BUILD A STRONGER, BETTER , PROSPEROUS, AND UNITED AMERICA.

FOR UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FAIL.

SO PLS. I URGE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THE SUPPORTERS FROM BOTH SIDES EITHER FOR CLINTON OR OBAMA TO BE NICE, SO THAT COME IN FALL WE WILL FORGE TOGETHER AND BEAT THAT WACKO MCBUSH. OKEY GUYS

GOD BLESS AMERICA

OBAMA/ CLINTON WE SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH THEY WILL BE BETTER THAN THOSE CRAZY ONES THAT MESSED UP THIS COUNTRY!!!!!!!!

ONCE MORE GOD LESS AMERICA .

May 24, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  3. Debra

At this point I'm totally disgusted withthe superdelegates for allowing this to continue the way that it is. They know as well as see what is beginning to happen to the dem. party. The rep. will not destroy us for we are beginning to do a great job. Hillary knows that she can not win and the desperate acts that we are seeing at this point is a strong indication as well as proof that she is willing to do and say anything to win. I once voted for Hillary and Bill because I believed in them both at that time. The only experience that Hillary is demonstrating at this point is the dirty politics she learned in Washington as First Lady and now Senator. I pray that the superdelegates will step up and end this once and for all.

May 24, 2008 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  4. Linda

Quote of the Year: From 'The Audacity Of Hope, "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." – Senator Barack Hussein Obama

Quote of the Month: "My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." – Senator Barack Hussein Obama

Kentucky Says "NO OBAMA NATION"

Anti-Obama Mania is growing! Look at our Current Website Visitors on the Map Below

I think the Kool-Aid is wearing off!

Barack Obama on Rev. Jeremiah Wright: "I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother."

So Barack, since making the statement above, you stated that you HAVE disowned Rev. Jeremiah Wright! So our questions to you is, have you also disowned the black community, or are you a liar! You can't have it both ways. Just come clean with the American people and run an honest campaign for "a change we can believe in"!

--------------------------–

May 24, 2008 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  5. Lady Quinta

President Obama '08. It is past time for Hillary to bow out!

May 24, 2008 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  6. Hamilton

obama is our next president nothing can change that let all usa citizen work with him

May 24, 2008 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  7. hrao

A true winner need not feel threatened by Hillary -right? What do people who have not donated to Hillary care about her debts? both are stupid comments. She will not get out till her supporter ask her to do so-go take a cold shower.

May 24, 2008 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  8. Donna, MA

Hillary said that she would do anything to win. Makes me wonder what is going on behind the scenes.

May 24, 2008 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  9. Dingumama

Hillary is a hypocrite. She knows she is hurting Obama by staying in. She is just using the excuse of "Never Quit Attitude" to have leverage over Obama after the primaries. No matter how many time Obama says he respects her for fighting so hard, he cannot win over her supporters simply because they are the real sexists and racists.

May 24, 2008 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  10. Naomi Lawson

This is the 1st itme I've voted for a Dem. President. I'm so ready for a change.. I Obama can do it..
    Hillary is not a truthful person, I believe her campaign has become self serving to her. I can't image President Bill Clinton hanging around the Whitehouse again.
    Naomi

May 24, 2008 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  11. Rick

Good to see Obama in P.R. He needs to bring this show to a close with the only numbers the count; delegates! All my best to a true Statesman.

May 24, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  12. Conventional Wisdom

Puerto Ricans will not fall for Obama's empty speeches. He has no experience and offers no details concerning his policies. He has the thinnest skin and gets offended at comments not even directed at him (how will this man deal with world leaders if he did become the nominee – he'd be whinning, misinterpreting comments and incorrectly crying foul all the time – scary!).

Puerto Ricans are smart and will realize that Senator Clinton is the best candidiate – she has experience, she offers detailed policies, she represents all democrats (including working Democrats), and she can take the heat in the kitchen.

Obama is not the nominee – he is acting so arrogantly as if he won the nomination already. Neither candidiate has the math to win the nomination without superdelegates – which means this will go all the way to the convention. Clinton has won the popular vote. Let's listen to the voters and not end up with another Bush/Gore 2000.

Puerto Rico – come out and vote for Sen Clinton. Join the majority of voters. We'd love to have your company.

May 24, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  13. Scott from VA

Hillary will cream Obama in Puerto Rico and she will end up with the majority of popular vote. Obama peaked in February and his popularity with the voters has been declining ever since. Hillary has the winning streak of primaries going (TX, OH, PA, KY, WV) in key states needed for the general election. Hillary should take this all the way to convention if needed to ensure that the most electable candidate (her) is the nominee.

May 24, 2008 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  14. Freedom of speech

CNN, Communist News Network!

May 24, 2008 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  15. SK

After yesterdays comment, I don't know why the super delegates are not B lining towards Obama and get Clinton out of her misery before she has a mental breakdown. She is very close to having one.

May 24, 2008 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  16. Allan

Vaya con Dios, Obama!

May 24, 2008 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  17. Dutchboy52

Com'on PR give Obama a win.

May 24, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  18. Richard

Obama has my vote . we need change. not john mcsame

May 24, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  19. Tom,des moines

I think we need to change the way we pick our nominee process.

1. we need to get rid of caucus.
    2. we need to get rid of superdelegate.
    3. we need to boundle up primary,let say 10 states for each contest for 5 month period.
    4. we need to have a winner take at least 65% of the delegate.

Hillary is the real winner!

May 24, 2008 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  20. Imani

Godspeed Obama- be safe.

May 24, 2008 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  21. Tatiana

He's the real thing. He must win!

May 24, 2008 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  22. Jeanne, San Diego

I hope he is able to win all of the remaining primaries. He runs a good campaign and I think he'll do a great job of running the country.

May 24, 2008 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  23. Kathy in Michigan

Obama is what we need in the 50 States and Puerto Rico!!!

He will be the Democratic Nominee and the next President of the United States of America. He will be announced the Nominee on August 28th, 2008, the last day of the Democratic National Convention and the 45th Anniversary of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" Speech given at the the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. in 1963 during the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom!

May 24, 2008 07:58 pm at 7:58 pm |
  24. Charlie Richmond

I am a Republican and normally vote Republican, I will be voting and campaigning for Obama. He is like a breath of fresh air.
    Hillary is delusional and McCain is just an older Bush, who's policies have almost bankrupt the country.

May 24, 2008 07:58 pm at 7:58 pm |
  25. Tom,des moines

People,if u add up all the states Hussein Obama won so far, Hussein Obama would have a total of less than 230 electoral vote. Hillary would have over 280 electoral vote.

Go Hillary!