May 26th, 2008

Who gets second billing on the presidential ballot?

As the veepstakes heat up, CNN Political Producer Alan Silverleib weighs the pros and cons of 10 possible choices for each party - from the familiar figures to the dark horses.

Filed under: Veepstakes
  1. Steve

The lack of Janet Napolitano and Bill Schweitzer on that list is wrong.

May 26, 2008 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  2. Franky

I'm not gonna lie but I like Hagel! I think he would be the bomb if he was mentioned in the ticket. As a matter of fact, in my opinion, that would be a pair that no one will believe or imagine...........I think he is the bomb......

May 26, 2008 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  3. JOSEPH D'AQUINO

I believe Bob Graham would make an excellent choice for VP for Obama... forThe following reasons: Voted against the invasion of Iraq,
    Govenor of Florida for two terms, senator for two terms...plus he was chairman of the intelligence committee..He has better experience than John McCain or anybody...save, Bill Richardson!

May 26, 2008 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  4. kathy

obama is not on the ballot yet
    why have you not picked hillarys top 10???????????????/

May 26, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  5. tim - texas

you people say that if obama gets the nod you will vote for mccain. OK THEN, BE PREPARED TO KEEP ON STRUGGLING WITH THE SAME ISSUES THAT ARE DESTROYING THIS GREAT NATION. HIGH GAS PRICES,THOUSANDS OF SOLDIERS DYING, OIL PRICES SKYROCKETING, CROOKED CORPERATIONS. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ANOTHER GEORGE BUSH PRESIDENCY

May 26, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  6. PSV

Edwards or Clark

May 26, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  7. Janet, American via Canada

President Obama – Vice President An Independent 2008

May 26, 2008 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  8. Leah DiMarco, Texas

Anyone BUT a Clinton!

Rendell is NOT a good pick because of Rendell's ties to Farrahkan. Hagel is NOT a good pick because he is a Republican and he would be a heartbeat away from being President and then the Republicans would regain the White House.

Obama/Kathleen Sebelius
    Obama/Blanche Lincoln
    Obama/Lincoln Chafee

OBAMA '08

May 26, 2008 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  9. marylee wagerman atlanta,ga

ANYONE BUT A CLINTON

May 26, 2008 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  10. wrong guy

YOU MADE YOUR BED, NOW YOU LIE IN IT. HILLARY IS FULL OF BOLOGNE

May 26, 2008 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  11. GAE

It's been fun blogging for my girl, Hillary Rodham Clinton, today. I've really enjoyed particpating. And guess what, I don't get paid to blog for Hillary. I have the advantage of saying what I truly believe and feel. I have a job, a family and other responsibilities. It's a wonderful feeling to be free to be me.......Now it's time to get ready for work, so "see ya"

Hillary, hang in there girlfriend, remember it's not worth having if it's not worth fighting for...

RISE HILLARY, RISE!!

May 26, 2008 05:49 pm at 5:49 pm |
  12. JOSEPH D'AQUINO/ Obama-Graham 08

Obama/Graham 08..Bob Graham would make an excellent choice for VP. He was the Florida Govenor for two terms, he was a senator for two terms, he was chairman of the intelligence committee. He voted against the Iraq invasion. He has temendous experience,besides he is a Florida favorite!

May 26, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  13. Pepou

Anyone BUT Hillary C. She can go back to the Senate. Enough of that woman,

May 26, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  14. KE

I don't know what students are taught in College. One thing we know they know how to pick a part. And they can make simple things into something difficult for an avarage person to understand.

Hillary 2008

May 26, 2008 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  15. Unshrub

This is in response to Kathy.

I am old, maybe older then you are and I am for Obama. I am very proud of the youth of today. They are interested in someone who is deeply concerned about the poor, the old, the sick, disabled vets, etc. I think the youth are great, it is people like you that I have the problem with. Thank heaven there are more of them and less of you voting this November. In spite of 8 years of Bush and people like yourself, our youth in this country will make this great country a better place in the future.

May 26, 2008 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  16. shay

not HRC, she's a liar and can't be trusted. Who knows what she'll say if she gets the phone @ 3am. She was also one of the lawyers on the payroll for Wal-mart when they were trying to keep the union out and women were not being fairly paid; yet women support her just because she's a woman. I'd like to see Biden or Edwards asVP.

May 26, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  17. Nancy

I would like to see:

Obama/Colin Powell
    Obama/Bill Bradley

However, my dream ticket would have been:

Obama/Ann Richardson (RIP)

May 26, 2008 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  18. guy

I'm from Belgium (Europe) but I follow the primaries already from december. Because I think it's important for the world who will be your next president. I would like to ask to marie from California why she, as democrat, will not vote for Obama no matter who will be his VP???

May 26, 2008 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  19. K

Women weren't even allowed to vote until 1920. Black men were allowed to vote in the late 1890s. It doesn't take a genius to realize it will be several more decades until this country will elect a woman president. The media tells you losers who to vote for and you follow like a herd of sheep.

May 26, 2008 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  20. KE

What's troubling for Sen. Obama is that he has recieved so many endorsements and I wonder what he has to do to keep them all happy. I think "Nothing" or "Disaster".

May 26, 2008 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  21. Pope

why are people picking VP's for Hillary and she has lost?

May 26, 2008 06:03 pm at 6:03 pm |
  22. Jackson

How about Obama/RFK Jr.? That would be an awesome ticket and it would be able to really stick it to HillBilly. For those who really want a woman for VP, how about Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg – talk about name recognition. Seriously, I think Obama should pick Dianne Feinstein as his running mate. She is wildly popular in California, a state Obama needs and which HillBilly won.

May 26, 2008 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  23. After further review,Texas

ANN, thats the way to tell them,you have a right to choose.

May 26, 2008 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  24. Helena

Obama/Hagel
    Obama/Webb
    Obama/Richardson

CNN: Obama also leads in polls in South Dakota 5/20/08
    Obama 46%
    Clinton 34%
    Unsure 10%

May 26, 2008 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  25. Bridgette - PA

To ALL the OBAMA haters, please read up......It doesn't matter how you feel....we don't care. You can write Hillary's name on the ballot if you want, you can vote for McCain if you want, you can stay home and not vote at all if you want, you can even go play in heavy traffic with Hillary, Bill and Chelsea if you want.....you are not Democrats anyways and us "true" DEMOCRATS DON'T NEED YOU!

OBAMA-08!